• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$2,500 budget for semi auto

Re: $2,500 budget for semi auto

yeah i went noveske 18" 5.56 but another 5.56 barrel to look at is centurion arms mk12 barrel another awesome barrel. i got a GAP 20" which i should be getting in a couple weeks. you may want to call them as i think their wait time is not nearly what most think it is on ar10's right now.

Re: $2,500 budget for semi auto

Don't think Noveske takes the PMAGS, eh?

+1 POF. Very accurate and right on your budget. If you want something different than black and silver, they are marketing a Duracoated version in the "earth tones" to cabelas. They are really nicely finished.

+1 for POF. I have had mine for about 2 years and really enjoy shooting it. Super accurate, stays clean, and well balanced. It took a little bit getting used to the high top rail, but I really like the monolithic rail for the optics. With that said, I now have a total of 3 POF rifles, 5.56 16", 6.8II 16" and the 7.62 20".

Wait for the SCAR 17....

What an old thread!

Ultimately I ended up with a SCAR 17 and I couldn't be happier. I bought a .308 heavy barrel DPMS and it was just too much. Sold that to fund the (now two) SCARs. Now I have a Steiner 4-16 waiting to get put on it.

;) STOP BUMPING THE NECRO-THREADS!!! ;)

Seriously guys...this thread is over 3.5 years old (that is until Tack's post above that revived it from the dead) and the OP has already graciously responded that he got is rifle (a SCAR 17...a couple times over) since the original post those many years ago. :rolleyes:

Since this keeps coming up I guess everyone wants more updates.

I have a SCAR 17 with a Steiner 4-16 in a Borbo dual throw lever mount. Best group so far is .7MOA at 100 with a 5 round group. It has hit 4" plates at 500 yards consistently.