• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 Day Basic Course in NC, Feb. 20-21 Class Full

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
VAPOR TRAIL TACTICAL

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

PRECISION SCOPED RIFLE CLASS I
TRAINING SYLABUS

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

WHERE: Approx. 1 hr from Raliegh, in Goldsboro, North Carolina

WHEN: Two day class- February 20th and 21th, 2010

START TIME: 0700hrs. (That’s 7a.m.) In the parking lot of the Jameson Inn, 1408 S. Harding Dr., Goldsboro, NC. We will convoy to the range approx. 20min. away. Lodging is also available at the Jameson Inn, call 919 778-9759, for other lodging in the area contact me thru email.

COSTS: $300 per student, final amount paid at the time of class begins Saturday Feb. 20th, 2010. A $50 non- refundable deposit is due by Feb. 6th, 2010.

DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount for Law Enforcement and Active Duty military

REGISTRATION & DEPOSIT: Registration will be thru email only! Send Full name, address, phone number, emergency contact info, make/ model/ caliber of Rifle and make/model of Optic you will be using. A $50 non- refundable deposit is due by Feb. 6th, 2010. CLASS SIZE: A minimum of six students required, and a maximum of 12 are allowed.

CANCELLATION: This class may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, or due to unforeseen circumstances, class will be rescheduled or students who cannot reschedule can get a refund or credit for the next class they can attend.
2u7rrc2.jpg

INTRODUCTION- The LRSR-1 course is designed to train the Shooter and Observer in the fundamentals of marksmanship, be able to manipulate their scope, and record all data for evaluation. Each pair will be trained to be shooter and observer and will rotate duties so that each will be effective in either role, students will engage targets out to 900yds. . The course will consist of 5 hours of instruction, and approx. 16 hours of range time. This is a very high paced course; there will not be a lot of time to waste with all that I want to accomplish in the two days. Come prepared to work, learn and shoot!! Classes Include:

Safety brief
Rifle zero
Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Scope manipulation
Use of Data book
Shooter/ Observer dialog
Range Estimation
Supported positions weak and strong side
Team competition
Care and Cleaning
b6y3om.jpg

STUDENT REQUIREMENTS

This is the required gear that you must bring to participate in this class, no hunting rifles will be allowed. Read the list!! If you don’t have the proper rifle/ ammo, you will not be allowed to take the class, and your money will be refunded. Please do not register for this class if you do not have a proper rifle, ammunition or cannot borrow one, you will not be allowed to participate and class seats will be lost. If you do not have a proper rifle and ammo and would still like to take the course please contact me (Well in Advance) and you can rent a rifle and purchase ammo. Any questions please contact the instructor.

Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

Rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards.

Scope must be capable of “dialing” elevation and windage settings, also known as target knobs.

160rds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition recommended for shooting past 600 yards. If you are shooting .308, 175gr bullets are recommended for this course.

Re-Loaded ammunition allowed, if loaded with match components

Don’t forget your magazines- for semi auto or magazine fed bolt guns.

Laser Range Finders, mil dot master or other range estimation tools if you have them.

Rifle rest, bipod, tripod, shooting bags

Bench rest tables not allowed!

Spotting Scope- If you have one please bring it.

Data Book- We recommend Storm Tactical and Impact Data books

Sling- We recommend Tactical Intervention Quick cuff or Slip Cuff Slings, or the TAB rifle sling.

Lunch- You will get a 45 min. lunch break, bring your lunch if you can areas to eat are not close by.

Hearing protection- foam earplugs will be available.

Rifle Cleaning equipment- Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes, bore snakes, scope tools, wrenches, ect.

Bring clothes that match the weather, we will shoot in the cold or rain, rescheduling the course will take place if we have severe weather, i.e. extreme cold or rain, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, or a combination of all.

Note pad, pen or pencil for taking notes
If there is any other gear that you want to bring such as shooting mats, tools or other equipment feel free.
2emmz5v.jpg

CLASS TIMELINE

Sat.
0700-1200 Check- In, Introduction, Classroom instruction

1200-1230 Lunch and movement to the range

1230-1300 Range set up

1300-1700 Focus scope, parallax, zero, and accuracy work at 100 yds. Engage paper targets at 100, 300, 600 yards, 15 rounds of ammo at each yard line; Chronograph rifles.

1700-1800 Movement back to hotel for Care and Cleaning class
106aoo4.jpg

Sunday
0730-0830 Range estimation exercise.

0830-1000 Cold Bore shot, confirm zero’s.

1000- 1200 Shoot steel known distance targets to 900yds

1200-1245 Lunch

1245-1600 Supported positions weak and strong side

1600-1700 Team Competition

1700-1730 Critique and certificate awards

Any questions about the course, requirements, or gear please contact me thru email or call. Sean Little- [email protected]

Re: 2 Day Basic Course in NC, Feb. 20-21

I can not say enough good things about Sean's classes. I took this same class from him back in 2006, and still benefit from it today. Sean has a lot of knowledge to share and is a great instructor.

A bargain for two full days of instruction. Don't miss this class.

Jon

Having had the benefit of a little bit of Sean's tutelage while shooting the new shooter's match at ASC, I can only imagine what he can teach in a two day class!!

East Coasters--this is a heckuva chance to improve your skills!

Not sure if I missed it in the initial post, but does the $300 include hotel room?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .308Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if I missed it in the initial post, but does the $300 include hotel room? </div></div>

negative

Gotcha... I didn't think so, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask!

My names on the list for this class. Look forward to meeting Sean and any other site members. I jumped on this as soon as it was posted, I'm sure it will be a great learning experiance.

Want to confirm that .308 and 338 Lapua are acceptable and that ranges are out to 900 yards. If so I think you have 2 more coming

Semper Fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

[email protected]
</div></div>

Looks like .338 may be out of the question. But come on and bring the .308.

Sorry but .338 is way out of the question, standard .30cal magnums are the max I feel comfortable with shooting at the range facility we have. .308 is a better platform to learn on in a basic course and the fact that shooting to 900yds with a .338 isn't very exciting! Shooting a .338 into vehicles would make it better but the range definately isn't set up for that.

Hey Lee more than welcome to come down Brother, did you celebrate the Birthday? Looks like this will be a good class, already have 5 people signed up, with a possible sixth depending on his work schedule.

Sean,
What muzzle velocity would you like to see out of a .308 for this class?

Hey T6 I would like to see anything above 2600fps and speaking of ammo I needed to add that if you want to shoot 155's thats fine.

The 155's are becoming really popular and are good if you can push them fast enough to make it worth while, there are some Companies that are loading the 155's. Federal, Cor Bon, Black Hills I think all have their own 155gr loads, I would shoot some factory stuff to try them out and see how your gun likes them.

On that note, please do not bring more than one type or load of ammo to try them out at the class!! Consistency is key in long range shooting, pick one load and bring it to the class. We will chronograph everyones rifles and the ammo that you bring so you can have the info, compare to others, and be able to make adjustments for those who reload.

Email me if you have any questions

[email protected]

I will be out of town this weekend, I will respond to any emails over the weekend on monday! Gota get some trigger time in to train up for Terry Cross and Jim Clark's match next month.

If someone isnt able to attend this course when will the next one be available?

Guys Sean teaches a good course!! You will have a good time and learn alot.

Wondering what I have on my schedule for that weekend as well.

If anyone needs <span style="font-weight: bold">data books</span> for the course drop us a line and we will get you setup so you have what you need for the course to match the targets that you will be shooting.

I have talked with Sean in the past and hopefully we will be doing a custom book to match his course for the day to day shooting that he teaches.

Yes!! Nomad has it going on with his new databooks, check them out, you won't be disappointed!! I will try to get some printed up for the up coming course and have them available, but if you want to get them before hand, just shoot me an email and I can suggest some packets for the course that you will need. The great thing about his books is the fact that you can get a basic modular book and then add to it as you see fit. Will be in touch soon Nomad!!

Glad to see you're doing another class. I'm in.

Getting alot of guys asking about target arrays for your class buddy please give me some info on what you are shooting so I can help get these guys setup properly.

Just got off the phone with Sean he recommends the following targets.

Gridded Diamond
Gridded Blank
Post target
Circles
Shoot N C 3 inch targets
UKD

Nomad is making up databooks that will fit the class, I will have some available but if you want them early just give him a PM, email or call and he will know which ones to put together.

We shoot diamonds on paper
Circle and human shaped steel
Blanks for drawing in any odd shaped tgts
Shoot n See's are always popular and easy to find

Later
Little

Congrats to Kevin Drake for winning the Terry Cross/Jim Clark match this past weekend, good seeing you and Nomad again!!

No, got the count of how many people have signed up and I have three more slots available to fill the class to capacity. Looks like there are alot of guys coming down to NC from NY/NJ to get away from the cold and come shoot.

There have been several people who PM'd or emailed me saying they want to attend the class but have not sent in their registration information. I think most want to make sure they have a partner for the class, if you can't find someone to take the class with then we can pair you up with another student. Always fun to meet new people and learn from others whom you don't know, then you can take the knowledge back to your friends and they will feel bad that they left you hanging. And you can rub it in their face!!! All in fun of course!!

Just checking I have a partner, but he has to have shoulder surgery soon and is riding the fence about whether he will be able to make the class, hope to know soon so we can get him signed up if he is going to make it.

Ok I have one slot available for this class to be full! Thanks for the response, looks like it is going to be a great class!!

I have two slots left for this couse, a student had his hours for work change so now he can't make it so a slot has opened up.

I have two slots left, thanks to everyone who has signed up.

Looking forward to this.

Hey Rogers try not to beat them too bad this is the kinder gentler Marine Corps! Gota train those little piggy's right, so they grow up to be good HOGS!

JediLearner are you signed up? Looking forward to it will be sending out some homework here at the end of the week, there will be a quiz!!

I would love to take your course, however it won't be possible for me until summer time. Do you intend to have this course later on in the year? Also would it be possible to set it up to do both Precision I & II in the same trip? I live @ 14 hours away and that would be great. Thanks.

Definitely keep me posed for any other follow on courses. I do have a GAP m40a1 with mst 100. Would definitely like to see how you guya used to run a1s as my experience is all with an m40a3.

Two slots just opened up due to guys work schedule changing so they can't attend, anyone wants to attend just shoot me an email with your info. Thanks

This is a great class to get you started in the fundamentals of precision long range shooting. If you have the time I highly recommend getting in on this class or future classes when they are offered.

Sean

Thanks for the call back. Based on what you and the other members have said I am in. I will be joined by SubMOA as well. We are really looking forward to this oppurtunity.

Details sent in e-mail

Okay guys, got a few emails from Sean, and we're down to the wire. If anyone would like a ride I have room, I'll be coming from Southwest Va, down Rt52 South to Winston Salem, then I-40 East to Raliegh then on down to Goldsboro. Plan to leave my Ao no later than noon Friday. If your in my line of fire and would like to share the ride send me a PM and we'll go from there.

Just got in 10 of the Impact DataBooks from Tony, so if you guys don't have a data book yet from him let me know, I have 5 of the rite in the rain and 5 of the standard heavy paper type with the specific pages for the class. See you guys this weekend.