• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 Options

Seventy 1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2007
Canada
Please just humour me on a choice. Coyote/Predator gun

Tikka T3 Laminate - .22-250 Later swap for a heavier fluted varmint barrel.

Remington Varmint SF - .22-250 Change to a Stocky's Accublock laminate stock.

* I would get a Tikka T3 varmint for the desired heavier barrel but I hate their plastic stocks and changing out Tikka stocks are a paint due to that recoil lug.

Thanks, Mur

Re: 2 Options

I would just opt for the T3 laminate and shoot it as is. Even with a light barrel the T3 is very accurate IMHO.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

I remember chatting with you back in March. I still haven't pulled the trigger and purchased anything yet. I think we were discussing single loading T3's and whatnot. So, good chance I will go the T3 route.
My wife and I took a little road trip this past summer down through Missoula, MT. I was just looking at a map of Idaho the other day to locate Meridian. Not too far from me. Gives me some ideas concerning a bolt fluting project.

Thanks, Murray

I wouldn't want a particularly heavy rifle for this role. If I wasn't going with an AR-15 and wanted a bolt rifle, I'd probably want the T3 Lite of your given choices. Rather than the laminate, have you consider something more like a McMillan or Manners?

If you think a heavy barrel is a must, just get the Remington SPS Varmint or the SS version and pick up the stock of your choice, though I'd lean toward fiberglass over laminate. The cost of a barrel change is not cheap. You're going to be better to get what you want in a factory gun unless you're ok spending a ton of cash. Personally, the coyote won't know if it's a factory barrel or custom barrel that spun the bullet that got him.

You are correct as they don't know the difference. I guess I'm a creature of irrelevant likes and dislikes.

I'd much rather have a fast twist 223,than a 14" 22-250 or Swift.

Hint.