• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 2 suppressors for multiple rifles

fifdynutz

Pasture Poodle
Minuteman
May 5, 2020
Iowa
Hey guys, i am in the market for my first set of cans and want to get some input. I am planning to get a .30cal one to fit on my 6.5cm as well as any 5.56 Ar's i would want. The second one is going to be primarily for a .17hmr and a .22lr...The 2 i have had my eyes on so far are the silencerco omega 300, and the silencerco sparrow. Are there other more viable options out there i should look in to? It appears the omega is on backorder but i would be hoping they get in stock before the paperwork clears. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: 260284
Nothing wrong with your choices. Read around and see some real world experiences from each. You’ll get a lot of TBAC recommendations for both the 30 cal and the .22. I lean that way as well.

I have a sparrow and an omega too. They both work well.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyScrapin
Looks like good options. TBAC definitely make good cans.

Look at Dead Air as well if you have a dealer than carries them. Love my sandman S, the mounts are great.

I have more cans than I really need, but it's fun.

2nd choice right now is probably the sandman S...and those are in stock!

Your choices are solid. I've been really happy with my Sparow, and the Omega 300 is a great first rifle can, especially since you want to run it on an AR.

Can’t go wrong with sandman series. Personally, I’m done with SiCo cans. But if you want to I would highly recommend using Q cherry bomb and plan b over the garbage ASR mounts.

For a 22, I bought a Sig 22 can on a steal and has been extremely impressive.

Personally I think the SiCo cans are great but the mounting does suck. I converted them to the Keymo system

Sandman s seems to run about 100 cheaper and may have a better mounting system? Seems like that may be the route to go?

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Keymo is nice. The collar going on the suppressor can be pricey ($180-220) but it’s solid. Super easy to take on or off. Big fan of dead air and have not been easy on them.

Most DA cans have no barrel length restrictions either.

Keymo is nice. The collar going on the suppressor can be pricey ($180-220) but it’s solid. Super easy to take on or off. Big fan of dead air and have not been easy on them.

Most DA cans have no barrel length restrictions either.

Exactly why I got them - heavy and prolonged usage with tight lockup mounting for semi autos or bolt guns.

^mmmm yes

love shooting cans at night. Dat glow

I will say DA has a pretty bad finish and burns off easily, but I’m not buying them to be a safe queen and look pristine.

I have no patina issues at all and I'm fully equipped to spray cerakote if needed lol

Nomad L and dead air mask is what I'd choose if I didnt already have a few.

Yes. It is about an inch longer. But it is heavier.

I believeeee the sandman L is still quieter than the nomad L but don’t quote me on that. I was trying to buy a nomad L, out of stock, then sunk my money in a back ordered thunder chicken.

Does the sandman L have more of a fb reduction than the S?
04F53812-A633-4A77-B6E5-19CFCDE192C7.png

Reactions: fifdynutz
Does the sandman L have more of a fb reduction than the S?

I have the Sandman L. It's quieter than the S at the ear on a bolt gun. Having said that the L will be louder than the S at the ear on a gas gun due to more back pressure and port pop. My buddy has the Omega and he's got it stuck on his rifle many times. The Dead Air Key Mo is the best mounting system in my opinion from any manufacturer. I would recommend the Dear Air Mask over the Sparrow. I have both and the Mask is the better suppressor due to no first round pop. It also has a better tone.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
FWIW i went with the Dead Air Nomad 30, and im waiting for the DA mask to come in stock at silencershop (its the most convenient place for my dealer and I)...now trying to decide on a mounting platform, or sticking with direct thread

FWIW i went with the Dead Air Nomad 30, and im waiting for the DA mask to come in stock at silencershop (its the most convenient place for my dealer and I)...now trying to decide on a mounting platform, or sticking with direct thread
Currently in stock at SS.