• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2 Vaportrails caught on HD camera!

Re: 2 Vaportrails caught on HD camera!

Ow! Back in the day I could have taken that shot but I've since had kids and wouldnt have taken that particular animal at that time. I don't think I coulda pulled that trigger with the whole family lying there. Have I gone soft? Lol

Typically we wouldn't take that shot but we sat there for an hour and a half and it looked like they were going to bed down for the rest of the day (another 7-8 hours) and the guy I was guiding I've been hunting with for years and he's killed over 20 of these Aoudad (kind of an addict) and I've only seen him miss one (running full blast!) and he didnt miss by much. like I said not the best situation but he did have an hour and a half to prepare for the shot and it was only 250, no wind and almost level so i figured he could pull it off. And if you listen that second 250yrd running shot met it's mark as well.

thats a nice video. the key that i have found to vapor trails is a day without a whole lot of mirage, and being very close to the axis of the bore.

Sorry to be the DICK.....but that first shot was not very good from what the video shows, if you watch in slowmo you can see the bullet shift the position of his leg obviously breaking it but not much more. If you had so much time why not reposition or try to get them to stand up, again sorry for being a dick but I would rather make a clean shot rather then have a god awful hike for days trying to find a bloodless trail. Just my 2 cents.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/va-vbey6oJ4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/va-vbey6oJ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> here's the full video of the hunt. Feel free to critizize