• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2 year chase is over-- taxidermy pics

B.Bates

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Palatka, Fl
I have been hunting a buck i have nicknamed "Nose" for 2 years now.

I am guessing this year he is 8.5years old.

Last year he was a beautitful 10 point. During archery season he broke off a couple points, which ended up saving his life. Several members were after this deer, only one member laid eyes on him last year, this deer came in quick and luckly escaped.

i knew coming into this season he would be at the top of my hit list, i just hoped he lived. i was a little dissapointed when i first got him on camera. He was only a 7 point this year. his left side was just a big fork with a point growing backwards out of his base.

Here he is last year all busted up

nose2010.jpg

2011 in velvet

nosevelvet.jpg

this should give you an idea why i call him nose

27b8fdc9.jpg

37ab9987.jpg

He moved over a mile on me last week, i snapped this picture Thursday night

61d34cf6.jpg

finally caught up with him saturday morning

d5c0e06e.jpg

1143efce.jpg

15d716d0.jpg

he came trotting by me pretty quick, i could hear him grunting over 100yards away.

the t/c strikes again

He ended up scoring 107 and change.

I have killed bigger but never worked harder to kill a deer. Not quite sure what to do now that the chase is over.

Here is a little update from my favorite taxidermist

IMG_0618-11.jpg

IMG_0619-11.jpg

url]

Re: 2 year chase is over

Congrats on Nose and good luck in CO. this week

Start skinning would be my advice!
smile.gif

Congrats - fine trophy sir.

Awesome job, and greats history....

Did you by chance have him aged? Maybe I am missing something as I just don't see an 8.5 yr old in the pics.

Way to stick with it! When you know the history of the animal it makes it that much more exciting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: battlestick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome job, and greats history....

Did you by chance have him aged? Maybe I am missing something as I just don't see an 8.5 yr old in the pics. </div></div>

once i drop him off at the taxidermy i will get him aged. we looked at this teeth saturday and they were the most worn down i have seen on a deer i have killed.

Another guy has pictures of this deer from 4 years ago, at that time he looks to be a 4 year old. I have pics of him for 3 years. that is what we are basing this age on.

thanks for the comments guys.

making an animal your own trophy an hunting one in particular is very satisfying. nice job

recieved some pictures from my taxidermist

he really does do a great job.

IMG_0620-12.jpg

Im thinkin he might be older. May be a little regression there on the antlers. I like seeing/getting those old mature bucks. Beautiful mount. Usually when their teeth are worn down that far they are towards the end 10yrs+.

Here is a good 2010 Picture but even here he is broken

definately regressed last year

dennis2010-lastyear.jpg

wow...very nice Florida buck. Some of the hardest deer hunting I ever did was in Florida right out in the Ocala National Forest, not far from Palatka.

Have some friends that did take some nice ones but like you, they had to stay on them.

congrats

I used to hunt on the Eglin AFB range and in Blackwater naational forest and can say that Florida is a difficult place to score on a nice buck. I have seen a few but never connected with anything decent. Good job and way to stick it out. That mount looks great.

What a bruiser. Great buck shootone. I know you said you were gonna have him aged after you dropped him off at the taxidermist... did you pull the jawbone? If you did, do you have any pictures of it?

Re: 2 year chase is over-- taxidermy pics

What an ancient bruiser! Any buck that old is a trophy.

I agree, an old hard to hunt buck is something to be proud of. Cool you have history with him also. Congratulations. I would like to see the jawbone/molars too if you have pics

Man you sure put the time in and deserve that deer.Glad you were able to finally take him.