• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20" ar15 barrel under $300?

Benjaminrusso89

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2017
Looking to add a 20" upper to do some more precision/longer shooting with my 223 ar15. I've been looking around and have heard that the faxon heavy barrels can be hit or miss for accuracy. What do you guys like that fits my bill, maybe you guys know of some current sales that will keep me in budget. Thanks in advance!

A 20" WOA barrel is well under your price range. We've used ours to shoot 2/3 IPSCs at 1000 yards at 2,000 ft elevation with our 75gr Hornady BTHP handloads (with 24.4gr of Varget, a little on the stouter side). Here's the second 5-shot group I shot with ours, no load development, just shooting a load that works well in other AR-15s we own:

Attachments

• photo52775.jpg
    photo52775.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 22
I used a 20" WOA on a build last fall. It's a tack driver. I also built a 'truck gun' with a 14.5" Faxon, that has turned out to be very nice as well; I don't shoot distances with it, but the bullets go where I want them to. For a precision build, my mantra is Barrel, Trigger, Glass....

I too have heard excellent things about White Oak. I own a Larue Stealth 20" and a Rainier 18" Premium SPR. The Larue barrel is a freaking hammer in my experience. The other way to go is Ballistic Advantage, the price is cheap and the accuracy I've seen is fantastic. No experience with BA's 20" offerings but their Premium Series SPR barrel 18" has been 3/4-1/2" legit in at least 3 rifles I know of.

I just ordered a balistic advantage barrel from monmouth reloading for 165. They are 33%off and free shipping right now. I have never shot one but the reviews are great and they have a sub moa guarantee. I figured it is a pretty small risk

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'll add my vote to the WOA barrels. I own three and they all shoot great. I have the 20" S-DMR barrel that is a tack driver.

Ive build a precision ar with a WOA barrel, shoots, around a 3/4 moa with 77 grn noslers...