• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing .20 Cal cut rifled Barrel

MJ7

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2012
Who makes one other than Krieger? I want to build a new 20 but do not want to wait 20 weeks for the barrel. I know button barrels are also made, but I would prefer cut.

Re: .20 Cal cut rifled Barrel

Check Bruno's shooting supplies in AZ. I bought a 20 cal Krieger from there in Jan. They keep some in stock.

Thanks. I have looked there. They are to heavy or the twist is to slow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJ7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes one other than Krieger? I want to build a new 20 but do not want to wait 20 weeks for the barrel. I know button barrels are also made, but I would prefer cut. </div></div>

Good question!

To my knowledge Krieger stopped producing .17cal. and .20cal. barrels.

We have are not taking anymore orders for .20cal. and .22Rf barrels. Why? The amount of work we have for other calibers way out weighs the amount of orders we take for the RF and .20cal.

An option for you is to buy the barrel from Bruno's. You say it's to heavy but you could have it recontoured to a lighter barrel. First part is getting the blank.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Go with a 9tw. It will shoot everything from 39gr to 55gr. Been using douglas, pac nor, lilja. Rock creek has a buttoned rifled 20 cal, never used one but I got 5 on order.

The 50 and 55 grain bergers are great shooting bullets, and deadly on coyotes.

Kyle

Chad

I will give you a call this morning.

Krieger does make .20 cal barrels. I ordered one this morning how I want it. 20 week wait has started.