• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 20 cal suppressor

goatsie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2009
Meridian, ID.
Who if anyone makes a solid 20cal suppressor? I shoot a 20Tac and have been thinking about making it a little quieter! Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Re: 20 cal suppressor

So its basically a 204 ruger? right.....

Just run a well built, steel 223 can. You will be fine. Other then that you will have to go custom.

I use my AWC Thor TI and AWC Raider steel on them they work great. I wish everything I had ordered was in Ti now because they are so light. PG

Yeah pretty much a .204, just a .223 case necked down to a 20cal bullet flying wicked fast.

As KYS said, get a good 223 can.
If you have larger caliber rifles get a 30cal can.

The bigger the can the quiter it is.
Titanium is the way to go if you have the extra $$

Do they make them in plastic? That is more my price range
smile.gif
So if I went with a 30 cal I could use it for my 20tac and my 6.5-06? hmmmm now that is enticing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: css</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bigger the can the quiter it is. </div></div>

That's not true.... Smaller projectile going thru a larger caliber bore allows more gas to escape. But yes, a 30 cal would cut the worst of the boom out.

I have a cyclone, 30 cal can. Im thinking about trying it on my 204 ruger. I know its a small bullet going through a big bore, but should help some. I have used it on my 223 & it does work.

Who makes custom silencers for calibers, or will the .30 do the job near the same?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: css</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bigger the can the quiter it is. </div></div>

That's not true.... Smaller projectile going thru a larger caliber bore allows more gas to escape. But yes, a 30 cal would cut the worst of the boom out. </div></div>

Depends on the Suppressor and caliber being fired through it. My .260 is quieter with my .338 Suppressor than my .30 caliber suppressor.

I can't argue with your experience KYS.
I will say, a 223 through my 30P-1 is quiter than through my buddys Gemtech something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: css</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't argue with your experience KYS.
I will say, a 223 through my 30P-1 is quieter than through my buddy's Gemtech something.</div></div>My Thunderbeast is quieter and a whole lot more accurate on my 223 versus the AAC M4/2000 but I think that is more of a function of the suppressor vice the diameter size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goatsie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got a magazine in the mail that said gemtech makes em for the 17hmr </div></div>

Be careful, could be a rimfire only can
As others have said, just get a quality 223 or 30 caliber can and be done with it, you will be happy!

Was the sandstorm just recalled? I was thinking of going with the Trek or G5...would these be safe bets?

My YHM 7.62 is quieter TO MY EARS on my 223's than it is on my 308.

Yeah I have been hearing a lot about perceived sound reduction. I just want it for varmint hunting.