• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

20" LWRC R.E.P.R. FDE

ar15operator

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2004
eastern seaboard
Just brought her home, shopping for glasses now.

2011-04-06%2003.09.27.jpg

operator...

Re: 20" LWRC R.E.P.R. FDE

You're my hero. I want a 16 incher so bad it hurts.

Something 'bout a R.E.P.R., Idk... It just makes my liver quiver! I've been pining for a 20" REPR, & in almost an identical-color receiver as yours, for so long I can't even remember. Matter of fact, I've just been going back through my May 2010, "Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement" magazine, reading that month's feature, article by Dave Bahde, on the 16" LWRCI REPR.

I don't know where I found all this damn, self-control! It must be this ole' woman 'cuz before her, if I saw something a wanted as bad as I want a rifle like yours, that gun would be a bought-ass! lol

seriously tho, I think that side charging-handle is the main thing that's kept me from "pulling-tha'-trigger" on a 20" REPR. Hell, it's not that I don't like the side charging-handle, matter of fact I love it, especially being on the left-side. It looks like the way AR charging-handles should've been made to begin with. Everytime I have to manually, chamber a round into my 24" AR-Varmint Rifle, &thar bottom of my 4.5-14x50 Leupold's eyepiece, TEARS another chunk of skin off my knuckle, I go into a small, running-fit, then wish i had a side-charging, upper. Ha. I guess I'm just terrified of propriatery parts, when it comes right down to it.

I've heard guys talk about the side-charger putting too much stress on the side of the bolt, & the side-charger causes the upper to bind, but idk enough people that own a REPR to hear about any problems.

Does the side charging-handle on the REPR reciprocate during firing? If so, does it cause u any trouble getting back on target, or during rapid-fire?

Big Russ, The charging handle does not reciprocate during firing. And it operates very smoothly when used. It also has a push button forward assist feature which comes in very handy in extreme cold environments. I would advise you to go ahead and pull the trigger you will not be disappointed. My only advice to anybody looking for a safe queen don't waste your money this gun is built to spend it's entire life in an austere environment.

operator...

"ar15operator,"

Thanks for setting me straight on the charging handle not moving. I just had a feeling those guys who were flaming on side-charger AR's, & trying to convince me to forget about a REPR were just talkin straight outta their ass. I shouldn't have let them put a hold-up on my plans, especially without proof they had 1st-hand experience/trigger-time on side-charger upper, but being I don't have any 1st-hand, trigger pullin' on one either, I just hated to pay that much money just to be a guinie-pig. The LWRCI's are spec'd-out & look like 1st-rate, above-average, quality smokepoles, but an expensive rifle w/ that many proprietery components might be a little harder(or take longer, at least) to re-coup some of his money if a fella didn't like it as well as he 1st thought, so I guess my decision to wait, ask some questions, & be damn-sure, was a good one. It just makes me a little more confident about splurging on it.

One thing about it, it's gonna be nice to be able to go buy a rifle that comes from the factory w/ every accessory I want on it, for a change. Looks like all I'm gonna need will be a jam-up, piece o' glass, & a Larue QD-mount.

I believe LWRCI's still shipping every REPR outta their factory w/ a 2-stage, Geisselle Match-trigger, right?

All 20" models come with the Geisselle 2 stage trigger. you won't be upset with this purchase bud. Quality semi and a lot of unique features. I love mine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eh, its alright I guess.

Just not my style.

Oh wait.
wink.gif
</div></div>

heh heh nicely done.

operator...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All 20" models come with the Geisselle 2 stage trigger. you won't be upset with this purchase bud. Quality semi and a lot of unique features. I love mine </div></div>

+1

Trigger is sweet and you can throw the 12" upper on and have a blaster if needed. LWRC nailed this concept. Hats off to the LWRC team.

operator...

You get what you pay for...trust me, buy it and don't look back. Mine is shooting less than .5moa at 100m through 200m. As soon as I finalize the zero me and a buddy ohere are headed for some long range action at 1000m plus. I finally got my 175sk's in. He'll yes!

I will say the way that swa packaged their rounds makes me just smile.....it just looks good sitting there all clean waiting to kill or shoot something in nice 5 round sealed plastc bags. Nice job gents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they like the 175 pills... enjoy it </div></div>

Any reports on 168 Sierra Matchking BTHP?

operator...

moa is about all I get out of the FMMG 168... I prefer the 175 dispite the slightly lower muzzle velocity... I take it you got the 1:10 and not the 1:11.25 twist? best thing you can do is shoot a variety of ammo and see what works for you. best of luck

Got my 20" REPR a few weeks ago and I have to say that it's the best all-around 308 I've owned. Fit and finish are excellent and I'm getting .5 MOA with my own recipe (168 SMK BTHP and 45 gr Varget). I changed the PRS to a UBR because I plan to hump this rifle into back country to do some long range trials I hope to report on soon.

Well I dropped in monday to tell my local FFL/Gunshop owner what I had on my mind, & see if he could get LWRCI, or point me in the right direction. He assured me that he didn't think it would be a problem to find a new REPR, it might be that it wouldn't be a smokin' hot deal, but to let him do some checking around. He calls me back yesterday afternoon, & leaves me a voicemail, saying that he thinks he's found what I was looking for. Turns out the man he uses for his guided, bear hunts bought a 20" REPR awhile back. The guy is into Colt SAA's & C.A.S., & has been looking to sell a couple guns to finance his Lone Ranger fantasies. He says he bought His LWRCI "REPR" brand new, had a scope mounted/bore-sighted, & it's been in his gunsafe ever since, unfired.

He offered to have it shipped to my FFL, where could look it over & decide to buy it, or if i didn't want it, then he said he'd just use it to thin-down my local gunshop-owner's Colt inventory. If it's "cherry" as he claims it is, then he won't have to worry about tradin' it for a damn ole' "Peacemaker!" Ha.

Man, buy that thing if it is in the condition he says it is.....you really get what you pay for. Ambi mag relaease and slide lock/release....sub moa accuracy....heat treated barrel.

I shot 200 rounds in about 40 seconds and pulled the bolt carrier group out with my hands. Wasn't even warm. Takes 5 minutes to clean it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">moa is about all I get out of the FMMG 168... I prefer the 175 dispite the slightly lower muzzle velocity... I take it you got the 1:10 and not the 1:11.25 twist? best thing you can do is shoot a variety of ammo and see what works for you. best of luck </div></div>

1:10 Here, actual 20" REPR shooters were reporting accuracy all over the spectrum. Felt like I was over thinking the twist rate.

Went with vanilla.

operator...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AFOSI 2517</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my 20" REPR a few weeks ago and I have to say that it's the best all-around 308 I've owned. Fit and finish are excellent and I'm getting .5 MOA with my own recipe (168 SMK BTHP and 45 gr Varget). I changed the PRS to a UBR because I plan to hump this rifle into back country to do some long range trials I hope to report on soon. </div></div>

Kinda hard to cruise around U.C. with a REPR over the shoulder isn't it? Hehe. Happy hunting both on and off duty Brother!

operator...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Russ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something 'bout a R.E.P.R., Idk... It just makes my liver quiver! I've been pining for a 20" REPR, & in almost an identical-color receiver as yours, for so long I can't even remember. Matter of fact, I've just been going back through my May 2010, "Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement" magazine, reading that month's feature, article by Dave Bahde, on the 16" LWRCI REPR.

I don't know where I found all this damn, self-control! It must be this ole' woman 'cuz before her, if I saw something a wanted as bad as I want a rifle like yours, that gun would be a bought-ass! lol

seriously tho, I think that side charging-handle is the main thing that's kept me from "pulling-tha'-trigger" on a 20" REPR. Hell, it's not that I don't like the side charging-handle, matter of fact I love it, especially being on the left-side. It looks like the way AR charging-handles should've been made to begin with. Everytime I have to manually, chamber a round into my 24" AR-Varmint Rifle, &thar bottom of my 4.5-14x50 Leupold's eyepiece, TEARS another chunk of skin off my knuckle, I go into a small, running-fit, then wish i had a side-charging, upper. Ha. I guess I'm just terrified of propriatery parts, when it comes right down to it.

I've heard guys talk about the side-charger putting too much stress on the side of the bolt, & the side-charger causes the upper to bind, but idk enough people that own a REPR to hear about any problems.

Does the side charging-handle on the REPR reciprocate during firing? If so, does it cause u any trouble getting back on target, or during rapid-fire? </div></div>now i had trouble with side cocking handle but a very fix for this one a izzy fal cocking handle -the rest is a pile of bull -lwrc is one of best -if you shoot one its worst then any drug ....its love !!!

No, the charging handle does not reciprocate during firing on any of the reprs

Hey fellas, I hate to "BTT" a thread that has run it's course, & fallen back 4-5pgs, but I just wanted to thank you gentlemen that helped ease my mind about purchasing a REPR. I haven't been on the computer much in that last week or so. Partly due to working my ass off gettin' concrete poured-out for impatient homeowners, but mainly because the REPR my FFL guy found me was everybit the Cherry he claimed it was, & 99% of my leisure-time I've spent tryin' my damnedest to burn her barrel out!

It's the closest I've had to a perfect(for me) rifle outta-the-box, & the ONLY rifle I've had that lived-up to the gun-writer/magazine hype.

It fits right outta the box, has just about every feature I want on an AR-style rifle, & the only changes I need to make are miniscule.

So far the 1st impression is +1.

Thanks, Guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Russ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey fellas, I hate to "BTT" a thread that has run it's course, & fallen back 4-5pgs, but I just wanted to thank you gentlemen that helped ease my mind about purchasing a REPR. I haven't been on the computer much in that last week or so. Partly due to working my ass off gettin' concrete poured-out for impatient homeowners, but mainly because the REPR my FFL guy found me was everybit the Cherry he claimed it was, & 99% of my leisure-time I've spent tryin' my damnedest to burn her barrel out!

It's the closest I've had to a perfect(for me) rifle outta-the-box, & the ONLY rifle I've had that lived-up to the gun-writer/magazine hype.

It fits right outta the box, has just about every feature I want on an AR-style rifle, & the only changes I need to make are miniscule.

So far the 1st impression is +1.

Thanks, Guys! </div></div>

Glad you got her. I will be adding a picture of my completed setup soon.

operator....

Does anyone have accuracy issues with theirs? I hear about .5 MOA every now and then, is this the norm?

I can hang MOA with 168's and slightly better groups with 175's (.7 to .8 5 shot groups)