• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20 moa base with 20 moa scope mount?

Hodgie

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2009
Australia
Would it be appropriate to use a hensoldt 4-16x56 FFP optic, mounted in an IEA Tactical 20 moa mount, on a .22 LR fitted with a 20 moa picatinny base?

The rifle I'm thinking of buying comes with a 20 moa base fitted. I already have the hensoldt sitting in the mount for another rifle. The other option is to get a new mount and just have 20 moa bases on both rifles.

40 moa rail, depending on the scope actually doesnt get you that far

Would it be appropriate to use a hensoldt 4-16x56 FFP optic, mounted in an IEA Tactical 20 moa mount, on a .22 LR fitted with a 20 moa picatinny base?

With 78 moa of adjustment in the scope you may be maxing out the travel on your adjustment to get a 50y zero --- try it and have fun. I have a 45moa AI Mount on a CZ455 and it works with a few of my scopes (Bushnell 6x24x50 FFP and the 2.5-16x44 Tactical) Will give you lots of travel for the LR crazyness :) Have the 45moa Barrett rings on another 22lr and that works too...

It really just depends on how much internal adjustment the scope has and how short a range you plan to zero at. I have two different 22LR rifles, both set up with identical base/ring/scope set-ups. EGW 20-MOA rails along with Burris Signature Zee rings with another 20-MOA worth of inserts (total of +40-MOA) and wearing SWFA SS 10X scopes. Since the SS 10X has a ton of internal adjustment, getting even a 25yd zero is no issue and yet allows me to get way out there (for a 22LR) with HV ammo and pretty darned far with subsonic rounds.