• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20 MOA base??

Re: 20 MOA base??

If you do get one, just make sure that your existing scope has enough internal adjustment to allow you a 50 or 100 yard zero. I know that lots of guys like to run the Mueller scopes on their .22s, but those have very limited internal adjustment. I saw a guy at the range complaining that he couldn't get a 50 yard zero because his scope wouldn't dial down far enough. It turned out that he had a 30 MOA rail on his rifle.

Just get a set of Burris Signature Zee rings with the inserts and you can dial in any moa you could ever need just by changing the inserts. Best part is they never leave a ring mark and a new record was just shot at 600 yards using them and they really hold POI. The 600 yard group measured under an inch shot with a 6mm improved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: in2deep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just get a set of Burris Signature Zee rings with the inserts and you can dial in any moa you could ever need just by changing the inserts. Best part is they never leave a ring mark and a new record was just shot at 600 yards using them and they really hold POI. The 600 yard group measured under an inch shot with a 6mm improved. </div></div>

Be really interesting if they can do that more than 'ONE' time?

Sam
cool.gif

If you just have to go the route of a really inexpensive scope, the burris zee rings might be the way to go for you. You get the rings and then order a complete set of inserts. You'll have a lot of range to play with.

I've used Zee rings on all sorts of rifles. They are nice rings and can make your life easier.

How do you use the inserts anyways? I was looking at getting TPS Rings. I think I am going to get the Vortex scope. does anyone know what ring height I am going to need?

I use the Tasco Varmint/Target Mildot Scopes, which have 75+MOA of elevation adjustment, focus down to under 50yd, still cost under $100; and just skip the sloped base. I can reach out to well beyond 200yd before I run O/O elevation.

I also use a Tasco Varmint/Target Mildot scope on my .22s without a sloped base, and have no difficulty dialing distances out beyond 100 yards.