• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.20 Practical-Whats working for you?

Halfnutz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 14, 2008
    Peoria County, Illinois
    Waiting on a WOA 24" SS .20 Practical Barrel (AR platform). It'll be topped with a VX Freedom 6-18.

As of now I have the dies, bushings for case forming. 40gr v-max, and Norma Match .223 1x cases.
    I'm holding off until I have have the barrel in hand to do the case necks and trimming.

In the mean time I'm looking for more up to date load data from other users than I'm finding on the web. Archived searches show H322 and Viht 133 as the go to powders. What else is working for you?

Last edited:
    From day one h322 worked amazing. On the second rifle I started using benchmark, which is also awesome. For future barrels I’d probably stick to 322 for lighter bullets, and Benchmark for heavier stuff.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Halfnutz
    26 & 20 inches

On my 26 I got lucky with a fast barrel & it's a laser. 4050 to 4100 with 40 grain pills.

Reactions: Halfnutz