• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition 200 berger hybrid for F-TR

Re: 200 berger hybrid for F-TR

I used them in Raton at the Nationals and I was second by 5 points. Jim, the winner, was also using them. They are harder to get running well but well worth it if you can find the right combination. I had only one range session to choose a load before Nationals so I don't anticipate it would be really difficult to find a good load. However, the 185BT from Berger is much more consistent and is really easy to get running well.

They are very tricky to get right. But once you get them you will stay with them.

Va Jim

I've been trying the 215 and 230 Bergers for F-TR but so far haven't found a load that works well enough to switch from the 185 Juggernauts.

Have you guys gone to the 200 because it's not as much of a leap into the dark as the 215/230 or have you already found that anything over 200 won't really work well enough for F-TR?

Does the 200 give you a significant improvement in wind-bucking ability over the 185?

I thought I found an excellent load with 2000MR, great velocity but it all went out the window when the ambient temps went up. I can load for that, but what I can't control as much is chambering a round just prior to shooting, then having to wait a min or so if the wind changes up....that round would most likely run hot.

I have a few other powders I am trying, need to do temperature tests on them. I did manage to get H4350 to somewhat work...may revisit that.

Just try with 185 Hybrid.

It has a higher BC than 185 LRBT and also easy to find the accuracy node.

It has .569 G1 BC versus .560 BC for the 185 Juggernaut and requires a 1-11" twist instead of a 1-12" I'm not sure the gain is something the average high confidence shooter can realize.

I don't think the difference is something that anyone can see, and the 185LRBT/Juggernaut is very easy to load. Poke it in a case 10 to 15 thou off the lands with ~44.2 gr Varget (±0.2) and you've got a load.

I've got enough 185s to shoot this season, in 2014 if I'm still playing the game I'll look at changing bullets. Until then I'll run the 185LRBT/Jugg's

My barrel was 1:10" tw

So, no problem with their require faster twist.