• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$200 scope for trainer?

TimK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
www.timkulincabinetry.com
I'm putting together a trainer. Just picked up a Savage Mark IIFV. I've used the Centerpoint scope from Walmart that was featured elsewhere here and wasn't terribly impressed.

I see the TRS-1, but it's outside my budget. I'm leaning towards the Bushnell 3200 10X tactical, on sale at Midway for $200.

Bushy 3200

What else should I be considering?

Re: $200 scope for trainer?

May want to take a look at the Mueller APT in your price range.

Mueller APT.

I have a bushnell 3200 elite 5-15 tactical on my Savage Mark II TR and a Mueller APT 4.5-14 on my target 10/22, both scopes perform well ( I've had no problems with either ) and the glass is comparable.

A friend of mine has a Bushnell 3200 10x and is very happy with it. Though you don't get parallax adjustments. Really the important part for a long range .22 scope is to get something with lots of internal adjustment.

I have a bushnell 10x on my 308 and can make repeatable hits out to 1k just fine.. It's not a precise as a higher power scope but it works well for me.

I have 2 Swift Premier Scopes and they are not bad. Lifetime guarantee.
Like this scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogmessiah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend of mine has a Bushnell 3200 10x and is very happy with it. Though you don't get parallax adjustments. <span style="font-weight: bold">Really the important part for a long range .22 scope is to get something with lots of internal adjustment.</span> </div></div>

I get about 80+ moa on the Mueller. Not to get off topic but I wish Bushnell made the 5-15 3200 elite tactical with the same amount of adjustment as the fixed 10x, 80 moa compared to about 45+ on the 5-15.

I have used a Elite 3200 10X and they are good scopes. Another option would be some of the Vortex Vipers on sale right now. Some do have the SF that goes down some for rimfire. SWFA has them on sale. As well as the Samplelist has some deals for your price that would work.

I wouldnt use a scope without an Adjustable Objective on a .22lr unless all your shooting is at 50 yards plus. Any closer shots and youll have fuzzy retical and eye strain. In my opinion

Go spendy if you must, but I have 4 Tasco VAR624X42M's, List price roughly $80 apiece, and they ride on a pair of .22's (my bolt trainer is a plain-Jane Sav MKIIF), my .30-'06 Lightweight Hunter, and my 1Kyd Savage custom .260 F Class Match gun. No issues since I got them in early 2007.

MilDot, covered 1/4MOA target knobs, 75MOA+ of travel, focuses down to 15yd, 6-24X, 42mm Objective. Image could be a bit brighter with dusk/dawn light levels, otherwise, it just works.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrMilspecker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt use a scope without an Adjustable Objective on a .22lr unless all your shooting is at 50 yards plus. Any closer shots and youll have fuzzy retical and eye strain. In my opinion </div></div>

All shooting will be at 50+.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nostyta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May want to take a look at the Mueller APT in your price range.

Mueller APT.

I have a bushnell 3200 elite 5-15 tactical on my Savage Mark II TR and a Mueller APT 4.5-14 on my target 10/22, both scopes perform well ( I've had no problems with either ) and the glass is comparable.</div></div>

Been running a Mueller APT in Millet AngleLok rings on my Mark II-FV for several months now...absolutely love it. I'll be putting one on my .308 when I build that this spring/summer. I'm getting about 75 MOA of internal elevation. I run out of elevation somewhere around 225 I think. Great scope for the price. Actually, it's a pretty decent scope for any price. Hope this helps.

I run Elite 10x40 on my .17HMR and Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 on .22LR. Both are around $200. Excellent value and last forever on rimfires.