• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2000 dollar scope budget

Solidsnake85

God, family, guns.
Minuteman
  • Oct 3, 2020
    East kentucky
    Which scope to buy
    Tract 34mm
    Burris xtr 3
    Razor gen 2.
    Any more suggestions welcome. I have racked my brain for weeks over this. Thanks guys.

Good options. I'm not a Tract fan per se. I dont like the eyebox.

The other two are good scopes. The XTR3 is a more modern design, lighter, larger FOV, brighter glass, made in the USA.

There are a lot of good scopes from various manufacturers that come from LOW that are all decent performers in the $1500 to $2000 price point.

I know this scope is way under your price range but perhaps you should take a look at the Meopta Optika 6 line. I purchased two of them last year. the 4.5-27 for me and the 3-18 for my son. I have to tell you that I have been extremely impressed with the quality of the scopes. So far they've tracked perfectly out to 1000 yards and back dozens of times and I would say the glass is 80% of my S&B PMII. The 4.5-27 does get dark past 25x but still usable, the 3-18 is crystal clear throughout it's entire range. The only thing I'm not too thrilled with is the horseshoe reticle but since I have them on hunting rifles, it's actually very convenient at low magnification.

Thanks for all the suggestion s guys. The more research I do, I'm leaning toward the mk 5. Seems like a solid scope and everything I could want or need feature wise. Again thanks for all the help.

Reactions: Baron23
    If I ever buy a (used) 2000 dollar scope. It better be certified pre owned lol jwknutson17
    Minox has just come out with a 5x25x56 LR that is similar to the ZP5. Read some of the reviews on here. Sounds like it could be one of, if not the best option under 2k.

I can't find much on it. I'm sure it's a great scope from the name alone but I'm kinda scared to drop 2k on an unproven setup. Just me I guess but I like to wait and see how new things do for a while. I've been bit before for buying as soon as a product is released, only to regret it. The new warrenty on it is what scares me the most. 10 year and don't know if it's transferable. Thanks Maveroid

Reactions: Maveroid
    Don't know how this works on here. I'm new. But I have a crimson trace 2 series 6 24 56 I'm gonna be selling for 500 to help fund my new scope if anyone is interested. My wife has a pay pal. I dont know how it all works. But if any of yall may want it let me know. And if I'm not supposed to post it here let me know that also. Thanks

Ok I have been searching on here and I dont think I can sell anything unless im a full member and complete profile. So disregard the posts about the crimson trace scope

You're correct but the only thing you have to do to be a full member is hit the minimum number of posts then list it in the classifieds section for Optics.

Gotcha I'm still trying to figure all this out. And how you reply to a message with a tag like in the image where it showded what I had posted then he commented on it. Sorry if I'm being confusing
    Screenshot_20201028-075130.png

Guys thanks for the input. I just got the razor. 1888 tax and all on sportsmans guide. Kinda got a lump in my throat. Most ive ever spent on a scope by far. Somebody tell me I wont regret it lol:D

You made the right choice, best optic out there for said money IMHO. Upgrade from this and you are paying for very small improvements in glass only.....ie baller status

Which scope to buy
    Tract 34mm
    Burris xtr 3
    Razor gen 2.
    Any more suggestions welcome. I have racked my brain for weeks over this. Thanks guys.
    Ill sell you a razor gen 2 4.5-27.5 used once for 2,000 shipped. Used it for a comp or I was gonna sell it new. Tremor 3 reticle

You made the right choice, best optic out there for said money IMHO. Upgrade from this and you are paying for very small improvements in glass only.....ie baller status
    Just a question but where does this fall in quality to something like zero comp or nf beast. Is it just glass at that point or internals. Thanks by the way, I'm happy as shit right now

Liberty optics had a hell of a deal on razor gen 2’s a while back. I bought the XTR3 and Scott hooked it up! No complaints here!!

Reactions: D_TROS
    Just a question but where does this fall in quality to something like zero comp or nf beast. Is it just glass at that point or internals. Thanks by the way, I'm happy as shit right now
    ZCO has nicer glass. NF has never looked special to my eyes, I had an ATACR when i bought my first Razor and compared....sold the ATACR. No experience with a beast.

Internally my Razors have been spot on for the last 2 PRS seasons. Never have I not been able to see a target or missed one because of the scope, so you have to make your own judgement on what looks good to your eyes. ZCO, Razor, beast, etc. Lots of good choices to choose from, so find a reticle and feature set you like and shoot A LOT.

Honestly the 500 dollar scopes have always blew me away, let alone this. I also have heard if you try the nightforce warrenty that it is never their fault. I cant stand arrogent people. I mean I'm sure their built good but shit happens. Just sold my crimson trace 2 series today to help pay for this and it was the clearest ive ever looked thru.

I live in east Kentucky, we dont get a chance to see thru high end glass unless we go to lexington to cabelas and f that. Too many morons in toyota Prius,s for me. Im just a holler boy with too many guns to fight that rat race. Aint worth the drive or deal with stupid people

I just pulled the trigger on a Razor Gen 2 2 weeks ago. I have about 50 rounds down range and could not be happier. There is a difference between the Razor and any $500 scope

I was just wondering the dif in a razor gen2 and a zcomp and nf beast. Besides price where does the money lay in quality after the later 2

Ive had the 5to 700 scopes they all seem fine. I just want to know is tier 1 really tier 1 or is it just throwing money at a brand

Liberty optics had a hell of a deal on razor gen 2’s a while back. I bought the XTR3 and Scott hooked it up! No complaints here!!
    How do you like the XTR3? I'm also looking for a scope and that one is on my radar.

I know a 500 dollar scope isnt comparible to a 2 k scope. But after the stars align is 3500 to 5k worth it. I mean when does optic quality end

I can say there is a night and day difference. I have been a Vortex guy forever. The difference between the Razor and the Viper HSL is remarkable on targets at distance. (300-1200 yds)

I know a 500 dollar scope isnt comparible to a 2 k scope. But after the stars align is 3500 to 5k worth it. I mean when does optic quality end
    Heck, you can even buy a $7k Hensoldt. You gotta take a step back at some point and realize unless you're deploying overseas or are part of a tactical mission, a $2k on a quality rifle will do what you want. Then if your budget allows it, sure you can look into $3k+ S&B and Kahles.

I can say there is a night and day difference. I have been a Vortex guy forever. The difference between the Razor and the Viper HSL is remarkable on targets at distance. (300-1200 yds)
    Does it compare to the Strike Eagle?

Ok I bought the razor today. All I'm after is how much does the money justify a z comp or a nf beast. Is the diff that much. I mean optical quality and tracking. I just dont see how 4k or 5k is so much better. Please let me in on the secret

Sorry, I just entered the $2k arena. Can't speak to the next level. Have a good friend who is with SWAT and his Dept just bought ZCO for his duty rifle. He swears he can see a difference, my 53 yr old eyes can't.