• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2000MR + 308 + 155 SMK Palma OCW test

Boogie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2012
Louisiana
Finally got around to doing this. Wish I had gone one more step up to 48.9 but I thought I'd be seeing pressure signs by 48.6. Shot at 100 yds. I think I'm going to take the 48 to 48.6 out to 300 yds. See what happens. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I ran 155 gr AMAXes all the way up to 51 grs of 2000mr with no issues in MY rifle. Settled at 50.5. It seems as though with every bullet I have tried with 2K-MR the more powder I put the better it shot.

I'd play with seating depth around 48.3 if you value your primer pockets. Going any higher will reduce brass life.

Could you tell us a little more about your cases and prep?

Good shooting btw..

edit: I see now on your target that you are using virgin Lapua brass, so there probably wasn't much case prep.

Last edited:
I played with these on a previous rifle with no real success. I had a few left so with the new rifle I just threw a few together with my 155 amax load of 47g of varget, federal brass, 210m primer and .030 off. the amaxes group 1/2in at 100 yds the sierras 1.5in group.

Mad_Charlie actually I do do case prep on virgin brass. Even Lapua. I uniform the primer pockets, run them through a f/l die without the bushing and no bump of course, run a sizing mandrel down the neck, trim, debur and chamfer.

I bought this jug of 2000mr about a year ago, did some preliminary work up with both my 308 using 175gr smks and bergers and 223 with 80gr smks. I wasn't happy with the velocity in the 223 so I dropped it and went back to 8208. I couldn't get the 175's to shoot consistently with either 2000mr or varget so I decided to try the 155s. And that's when this rifle came into it's own. I worked up a load for it using 8208 was running short and remembered I had this jug of 2000mr. So far it looks good. Next time out I'll do some 5 shot groups at 300 yds and run them through the chrono. If it looks good I'll save the 8208 for my 223 and use 2000mr in the 308. Both these rifles are bolt actions by the way

With my rifle, i had a node at 48.3 then another node at 50.0 (about max case capicity) without any pressure issues. 30" Brux with a Palma 95 chamber.

The vel at 48.3 was 2970fps. I haven't run the 50gr load across the chrono but it shoots where I point them. I'm using the Nosler 155's, very simular to the 2155's. SBS brass which is a couple of gr heavier than the LC brass. 50gr is a case full, quite a bit of compaction when I seat the bullet. It's enough powder that it burns pretty clean though.

I have some new Win brass, 300 pieces that I need to work up and see what they look like, maybe room for more powder and a higher node.

Last edited:
I have 6lbs of PP2000mr that I will sale ftf if any of you are interested. Will make you a good deal, I travel to Louisiana once a month usually.