• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2000MR in 223??

Bear24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2012
Oklahoma
Has anyone had any luck loading 75-77g projos out of a 16" barrel (AR15) with 2000MR? I would also like to use this powder with 55g projos if possible but I can't find any data for this combo.

I would also like info on the velocities I could expect from each combo.

Thanks

I've got some but I haven't loaded any 223 with it yet. Supposedly its CFE's* twin, produced in the same factory and same burn rate etc. I know the listed velocities for 223 loaded with CFE have been impressive.

* I can't confirm at the moment but I'm pretty sure its CFE.

Can anyone with some real world exp. confirm this?

I'm a little apprehensive on loading for a gas gun

I run it in LC cases with 77g SMK's. 25.2g gets me about 2800FPS. It's great metering powder and very fast. About 90 FPS faster than TAC and 110 FPS faster than Varget for me. This is out of a 20" barrel. I imagine it would be a tad slower out of a 16" barrel. I also use it to shoot 80g Hornady A-max's out of my Savage bolt rifle. Same load of 25g seated to 2.45" for the Amax at 2750 FPS. All measured with a Magnetospeed Chrono.

I run it in LC cases with 77g SMK's. 25.2g gets me about 2800FPS. It's great metering powder and very fast. About 90 FPS faster than TAC and 110 FPS faster than Varget for me. This is out of a 20" barrel. I imagine it would be a tad slower out of a 16" barrel. I also use it to shoot 80g Hornady A-max's out of my Savage bolt rifle. Same load of 25g seated to 2.45" for the Amax at 2750 FPS. All measured with a Magnetospeed Chrono.

Doesn't seem that much faster than varget... 24.5gr of varget is getting over 2800 fps for me.

Bear24,
Not 55grainers, but I did try it with 52gr A-max's. Shot in a bolt gun, charges were north of 28gr's, vel was in the 3400+ range. LC brass, CCI BR4 primers. Just shot to see what it would do, accuracy was good, but can be done with more suited powders.

SY

Bear24,
Not 55grainers, but I did try it with 52gr A-max's. Shot in a bolt gun, charges were north of 28gr's, vel was in the 3400+ range. LC brass, CCI BR4 primers. Just shot to see what it would do, accuracy was good, but can be done with more suited powders.

SY

Thanks for the info. I am really wanting to use it so I can throw accurate charges in my powder measure without having to weigh each charge. I know there are better options but this is what I have available.