• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2010 AI AW Questions

dbransco

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I am not all that familar with Accuracy International and was hoping to get a little help those who are. I am thinking about trading for this AI AW in 260, but was wondering if you could tell me what barrel length and contour it appears, as well as whether or not the cheek and butt were quick adjustable. I have looked all through the AI pic thread and could not find another with this contour (or maybe its the brake) or one adjustment screw on the right side of the stock. Sorry for the bad pictures, they are all I have.

Thanks for your time.

IMG_21471.jpg

IMG_21481.jpg

Re: 2010 AI AW Questions

That looks like a 22-24 " barrel. It sits in a folding stock with adjustable cheek piece, although it seems like one of the screw for the cheek piece is missing. Hope it helps.

The cheek and butt are quick adjustable. There is a small button on the right of the cheekpiece and another on the left for the butt, you can't miss them. To me that looks like a heavy barrel 26" from the pic, what contour number that would be I don't know, sorry. Break is AINA.

That there is a very nice rifle in a good calibre.

Thanks for all the replies! I thought it might be quick adjustable; however, I was second guessing myself because I could not find another with those buttons?

Now I just need to convince myself to trade my REPR, Premier and XDM 9mm for it.....

Thanks again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbransco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now I just need to convince myself to trade my REPR, Premier and XDM 9mm for it.....

Thanks again! </div></div>If that really is the trade, you would be crazy not to take it.

If the barrel is marked "AINA," than it is a Bartlein in either 24" or 26". I see the button for the Q/A butt, but do not understand the spacers. My AX could function different, but it does not utilize spacers in the quick adjust butt. My AW had the conventional butt and did use spacers like that, only without the target adjustable buttplate and without the button.

Good luck- it is a hell of a deal.

What you have there is an AW, Folder, Pic rail, QA Cheek and Butt, Spike with what appears to be a Bartlein .260REM (Contour is Medium Heavy #4277) like the AWP .308 barrels. Appears to be 24" with the SAS QD GENIII Muzzle Brake installed.

As to why the butt spacers we see installed are there, that is anyones question but I would suspect the owner is tall, has a longer LOP and did not like the "open" space when the butt was extended, so determined the LOP and modified the spacers to be installed to clean up the appearance. Just a guess here but looks like a very nice weapon and I'm sure its a shooter. Best wishes and good luck with the acquisition.

Your comments are reassuring. Thank you very much! I am very excited about the Bartlein.