• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 2010 Sniper's Hide Cup

Re: 2010 Sniper's Hide Cup

The amount of hand work that went into those trophies is out of this world: The Rifles Only logo looks to be etched into the metal; the cartridges that form the base of the trophies are machined, the bullet threaded to unscrew while the case also unscrews at the bottom. Somebody hand crafted those puppies. I've not seen nicer trophies at a shooting match, ever.

LL you ought to patent those trophies, they rock. And don't show the prize table pics. When registration starts next year the servers will be jammed up quickly!!!

All I can say is WOW!! My first match at RO was 1 picnic bench to fit the prizes, they barely fit on 3 this time. I was looking for some Blue loctite on one of the tables and couldn't find!!!lol

A match to be remembered for sure!!!

I will be shooting the match next year!!!

Very Nice trophys.

Rob. Did You win??? If so, congrats. Steve BTW. I think those are the coolest trophies I've ever seen.

HOLY CRAP those are some insanely nice looking trophies AND you guys sure do give away top quality prizes!

Good work Rob01

Those trophies are fantastic!

And the prizes...WOW!

Here you're lucky if you get a cheap plastic cup or a crappy little gong!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtHoskins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the match win Rob!

Nice looking trophies.</div></div>

Rob didn't win, Wade Stuteville did, Rob won the Barrett side match. Wade won a Desert Tactical

Like Frank said, the trophies were made by Piper Precision. Their website is piperprecision.com

These guys had done some outstanding work and very reasonable too on some targets that I had made last year. When it came time for the Cup this year it fell to me to have the trophies made. Terry Hibben, English on the Hide, had come up with the silhouettes that were used on the last couple of matches but was out of the country and couldn't get them done in time so he asked me to do the honors.

I talked to Anthony and Sonja at Piper Precision about cutting the silhouettes out and possibly making a simple Aluminum base for them to sit in. Anthony asked what I was doing with these and when I told him they were going to be trophies at a rifle match he asked if they could work on some designs to possibly make the trophies more attractive. Of course I gave the ok for that. I sent some possible pictures to Sonja for her to use in her design work, she asked if I could bring in a bullet for them to look at, which I did.

A few days later Anthony asked if I could come by the shop to look at some preliminary design work that they had come up with. He had made some of the bullets. Here are some pictures of the first ones.

url]

url]

I was pretty speechless as to the quality of the work. Anthony went over what they wanted to do and a few days later Sonja sent me a CAD drawing of what they had in mind. I gave them the go ahead to finish out the trophies. Here are some closeup pics of the finished work.

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

As you can see the work is amazing. I told them that in my opinion these are the finest looking trophies I'd ever seen for any rifle matches. I've seen quite a bit of the different things these guys can make and all of their work is absolute top quality. The have EDM, CNC, Waterjet capabilities in house. They sent the trophies to an outside vendor to do the anodizing and it came out excellent as well. They do lots of work in the oil, gas, petrochemical, and medical fields where high accuracy precision machining is required. They are also doing some really neat work in waterjetting designs out for stained glass work, as well as some cool looking design work in marble, wood, metals, etc. If you can envision it they can probably do it.

I know the guys at Piper Precision for exceeded my expectations in these trophies. Call them up if you need something done.

Well, what the heck, I don't know why the pics didn't come up. Anyone have any ideas?

Incredible workmanship. It's like they deserve a trophy, for those trophy's.

Raising the bar, even higher.