• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2010 WA State sheep, Swakane Unit. PICS ADDED!

smack

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2003
North Central Washington
A friend drew a permit for the Swakane Unit here in Wenatchee Washington, the only permit for the Swakane unit. A once in a life time permit for this state. He put his time in on the scouting and this is the result, I don't have a score at the current time but he did use a Tikka T3 in .300 WSM with a 150gr Hornady Interlock. I will get all the details later and post them, his world is buzzing enough after planting this big boy.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Update: It's now officially the new SCI California Bighorn sheep world record. It officially scored in at a little over 190. I can't recall if it was 3/8's or 5/8's I'll check tomorrow.</span></span>

photo-3.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Re: 2010 WA State sheep, Swakane Unit.

The guys in the know how just finished doing some measuring and called it at 191+ !!! If in fact they are correct, he's looking at the new WA State record.

Congrats!!! I drew a Once-In-A-Lifetime Bighorn Sheep tag here in Utah...Hunt open OCT. 30th!!! Pic's like this get me pumped, Congrats again on such a great trophy!!!

Z

That is awesome! I would believe 191, incredible set of horns. Congrats to your buddy, his scouting and honing his judging skills paid off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MilDotZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats!!! I drew a Once-In-A-Lifetime Bighorn Sheep tag here in Utah...Hunt open OCT. 30th!!! Pic's like this get me pumped, Congrats again on such a great trophy!!!

Z </div></div>

Here is another to get your blood flowing, a MT 170+ ram.

Picture102.jpg

That is an outstanding ram congratulations, to your friend.

It certainly has the look of a record book animal...would be quite an experience to take an animal of that quality.

congrats! I happen to also know this guy and gotta say every body in our little town who hunts know about it and we are all happy for him, well deserve trophy Aaron!!hope to see you soon in the store to talk about it..P.S he is also an excellent bow and arrow guy..

Nice ram! Congrats to your buddy. That is a tag I need to apply for next year, and if I'm lucky 20 years from now I might have a chance.

What makes it even more impressive is that the area was on fire for about a month this summer. Check out the burned ground.
Aaron hung in there, put in a lot of time scouting, and filled his tag.

1911fan

Wow, what a great adventure! I can only think he will hold that event dear to his heart for the rest of his life. Congrats, JPG

Geeeese what a monster!

Update:

It's now officially the new SCI California Bighorn sheep world record. It officially scored in at a little over 190. I can't recall if it was 3/8's or 5/8's I'll check tomorrow..

Congrats on that. that is going to one nice mount. Really looks nice and clean & not Broomed-off on the tip either. that is a nice one.

how long a shot was it?
looks like the burn might have cleared cover for this bad boy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BadBot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how long a shot was it?
looks like the burn might have cleared cover for this bad boy.</div></div>

Just under 200, at one point he was within 80 yards of it but didn't have a shot with the ewes in the way and the steep terrain.

That is a pig , sheep of 10 lifetimes , the pic from behind really tells the tale , use to go to east Wenatchee to watch the sheep behind Lumbermans. Nice job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCJR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a pig , sheep of 10 lifetimes , the pic from behind really tells the tale , use to go to east Wenatchee to watch the sheep behind Lumbermans. Nice job.</div></div>

That sheep was shot about a mile from there.

Aaron just got his sheep back from the taxidermist, all I have for the time being is this cell phone pick. I'll take some better pics and post them, he hasn't even had it back 4 days and it's already received a "Best in Show" and a new rifle for the owner. After all the remeasuring, bla, bla bla. It is now officially scored in both SCI and Boone and Crocket at 190 6/8 (California Sheep). It is the largest California sheep on record.

photo-14.jpg

if i had that in my house i would just sit and look at it all the time. beautiful mount

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if i had that in my house i would just sit and look at it all the time. beautiful mount </div></div>

same here... i cant wait to get my cape buffalo back. i will be admiring that for a long time!

Re: 2010 WA State sheep, Swakane Unit. PICS ADDED!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robescc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Washington sheep. </div></div>

nice anywhere sheep! i'm jealous! i put in for those tags all over the western US, and hope and pray that someday i'll draw a sheep tag.

very nice, and CONGRATS!!!