• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2011 Shooter's Bash

Beamer Girl

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2004
Texas
www.riflesonly.com
Thank you to everyone! This years BASH was a huge success. This years demo day was bigger than the last, the competitors were awesome, and the sponsors were over the top! It always amazes me how these sponsors are so willing to give to this sport! We should all be very thankful!!!
To the shooters, thank you! A safe match is a successful match. You guys and gals were great! Congrats to Wade for taking 1st! Excellent shooting! We were also lucky enough to have some great military shooters here! It was great to spend Veterens day with them and show them our thanks!
To all of the range officers, thanks for working so hard. It would not have run so smoothly without such great help! We are very very thankful!
Now the sponsors....holy cow! They stepped up and rocked the prize table! Many of them are part of this site so if you get a chance please thank them. They did not have to donate to this match yet they did! There are many competitions that companies on this site donate too! Hats off to you all!
Before I list the sponsors I will be posting some pictures soon. We had another class that started this morning so we have been non-stop. Thanks again to everyone. This is why Jacob and I have always loved putting these competitions on. We have meet some of the greatest people we know in this industry!!! I also want to recognize so of the sponsors that put several thousands of dollars towards this competition: Barrett, Bushnell, Black Rain Ordnance, Samson Manufacturing, Danner Boots, Larue Tactical, Specialized Dynamics, Piney Mountain Ammunition, Corbon, Magpul, Specialized Dynamics, TAB GEAR and Vortex Optics! Ok, here is the list:

Aadland Engineering, LLC
www.aadmount.com

Action Targets
www.actiontarget.com

B&T Industries LLC
www.accu-shot.com

Barrett
www.barrett.net

Badger Ordnance
www.badgerordnance.com

Better Optic, LLC
www.sportoptics.com

Big Dog Steel
www.bigdogsteel.com

BlackRain Ordnance
www.blackrainordnance.com

Borka Tools
www.borkatools.com

Brad Thor

Bushnell
www.bushnell.com

Camera Land
www.camerlandny.com

CDiPrecision Gunworks
www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com

Copper Creek Cartridge Co
www.coppercreekammo.com

Corbon
[email protected]

CS Tactical
www.cstactical.com

Danner
www.danner.com

DSG ARMS
www.dsgarms.com

eb Holsters, LLC
[email protected]

EuroOptics
www.eurooptic.com

Freedom Gunworks
www.freedomgunworks.com

GA Precision
www.gaprecision.com

GDI Engineering
www.gdiengineering.com

Hearing Aid Company of Texas
www.hearingaidcompany.com

Idatabook
www.idatabook.net

Impact Data Books
www.impactdatabooks.com

JP Enterprise
www.jprifles.com

Kifaru, Intl
www.kifaru.net

KMW
www.kmwlrs.com

Larue Tactical
www.laruetactical.com

Leatherman
www.leatherman.com

MagPul
www.magul.com

Mile High Shooting
www.milehighshooting.com

Manners Composite Stocks
www.mannerstocks.com

McCourt Munitions, LLC
www.mccourtmunitionsllc.com

Newman Precision
www.newmanprecision.com

Piney Mountain Ammo
www.pineymountainammunitionco.com

Precision Rifle Solutions
www.precisionriflesolutions.com

Primary Arms
www.primaryarms.com

Promisedland Guns
www.cashpaid4guns.com

Rite in Rain
www.riteintherain.com

Rock Creek Barrels
www.rockcreekbarrels.com

Samson Manufacturing
www.samsom-mfg.com

Scopecoat
www.scopecoat.com

Shark Precision
www.sharksuppressors.com

Sinclair Manufacturing, LLC
www.montanagunslings.com

Sniper's Hide
www.snipershide.com

SPA Defense
www.spa-defense.com

Specializeddynamics.com
www.specializeddynamics.com

Starlight Cases
www.starlightcases.com

Storm Tactical
www.stormtactical.com

Suppressed Tactical Solutions
www.suppressedtacticalsolutions.com

Surefire, LLC
www.surefire.com

Surgeon Rifles
www.surgeonrifles.com

Spin Drift
www.spindrifttactical.com

SWFA
www.swfa.com

TAB GEAR
www.riflesonly.com

Talley Manufacturing
www.tallymanufacturing.com

Timney Triggers
www.timneytriggers.com

Triad Tactical
www.triadtactical.com

US Optics Inc
www.usoptics.com

Vortex Optics
www.vortexoptics.com

XLR Industries
www.xlrindustries.com

Thanks again to everyone involved!

Re: 2011 Shooter's Bash

+1 I had an amazing time, and was just blown away at all the awesome things that were put in place.

i had a great time as well! thanks so much for putting this on!

thanks again to the sponsors, especially the BBQ and pizza sponsors
smile.gif

Honored to have been included. Looking forward to the next one I'm lucky enough to attend. I learned a ton and had a great time hanging with folks I've only ever heard of on the interwebs. It was like being included in an all star event! Many, many thanks to the sponsors who kicked in an amazing prize table. I was lucky enough to snag a Starlight case so I can finally quit borrowing my husband's super heavy one!

Thanks for the hospitality Lisa, and it was great to finally meet you and Jacob. I hope to make it out more in the future, or maybe see you all in our neck of the woods
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamer Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0152_face0.jpg
</div></div>

Thanks Lisa & Jacob for an awesome time!

However, did you read the body language of the pic above at Tony's face and how upset he looked when I told him that you might consider the next match prior to April 15th.
grin.gif

Just wanted to Razz you a bit.

Thank you Lisa for letting the crazed hordes of brisket eating rifle shooters descend upon your facility.

We very much appreciate you, Jacob and all the crew that stressed and worked so hard to make it professional and challenging.

I also want to thank all of the sponsors that responded to this competition. The array of goodies was impressive.

It is the time spent with my old friends and new friends that I meet for the first time that I value most. Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me be a part of your sport.

Lastly, I want to thank the other competitors who put on their big boy drawers and big girl drawers and made the effort to get there. The average level of shooter skill that this competition draws is one of the highest in the country so for a reality check, I just had to un-ass my truck and wade into some of the most capable rifle drivers in the world. Regardless of how anyone finishes at something like this, I firmly believe that you exit stronger, smarter and more capable than if you had never attended at all! My hat is off to everyone that fought it out.

Thanks again and everyone have a safe week.

P.S.: Well played above Francis. That is one mean dude in the photo.

When going to an event hosted at Rifle's Only the bar and expectation is so high because the facility, the events and the people are so incredible. Yet as high as that bar is set, Jacob, Lisa, et al never cease to reach and surpass it.

As usual a phenomenal match with some great events. I had an absolute blast and cannot thank Jacob and Lisa enough. The RO's did a fantastic job and were right on top of things as usual.

I know it sounds so cliche' but it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I always leave these events with the batteries recharged and some new lesson learned.

A HUGE thanks goes to the sponsors. Incredible doesn't begin to describe the way they step up and fill the prize table. Your efforts are greatly appreciated and duly noted. Thank you for your support.

Looking forward to four days of bliss come this spring. See you all then!

Wish I could have made it this year. Hope to make the Cup in the spring.
And even though I was not there I want to say THANKS to Jacob, Lisa and all the Sponsors for putting on an great match.

Cheers,
Lasson

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Jacob, Lisa and the RO's for putting on a challenging, safe match. I always enjoy my time in the promised land at RO. The night helicopter stage with tracers was a special treat and a ton of fun. Thank you to all the sponsors who match after match donate to the prize table and support our sport.

Congrats to Wade, Terry, John, Tim and Francis of Team Surgeon for placing <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Top 5</span></span>, stellar performance gentlemen! I always learn a lot from watching you drive the rifle and listening to you at matches.

Thank you for another great time, flying in a helicopter at night shooting a mover was the most fun I have ever had, Miss Lisa put together a nice sponsor list with email addresses, I sent off my thank you emails to them already, if you haven't done so yet do it ASAP, which in US Veteran talk means right now.

To Jacob, Lisa, Lindy, Tony, and the whole Rifles Only Crew, I want to reiterate the above Thank You's. A simple thank you is often over used and in this case not anywhere near enough to express what we all feel.

As shooters in our rapidly growing sport, where both the competitor skill levels and equipment and getting better each day, you guys continue to test these with event scenarios that always test us to the limits.

A trip to Rifles Only is always a great trip to spend time with some of the best people / shooters and to catch up and meet new friends.

Finally, Congrats to Wade, Terry, Jon, Tim, Francis, and those few who always manage to step it up when in has to be done.

P.S. Lisa... a special thanks for putting up with and taking care of us.
Hope to see you guys again soon...

THANK YOU to Jacob, Lisa, and crew for all the hard work you put in to make this match work. Everyone made sure that the stages we runs on time and we were all safe while shooting the events.

Terry and everyone else has pretty much said it, the talent that is assemblied for this match is top notch. I saw some GREAT shooting. Of course I also learned a lot. Terry always teaches me something by just watching him do his thing.

Also a BIG THANK YOU to all the sponsors. Some of them were present or were shooting the match. I made sure to let everyone I knew that was there that they are doing a GREAT job. I have started going through the list and sending out a thank you note. Make sure that everyone does the same.

One last thing, it is always a pleasure to see old friends, many who are HIDE members and also to meet new friends. Hope to be around you GREAT people soon.

Couple of vids I took on the first day.

Thanks again. I had the time of my life.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xli915pdHB0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xli915pdHB0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NAgU7TfG5fU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NAgU7TfG5fU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of vids I took on the first day.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xli915pdHB0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xli915pdHB0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Hey....that's my 22....

Lisa and Jacob, Wanted to thank you guys again for a safe and well run match.The RO crew that put up with us for two days were outstanding.I know each of them gave several days of their precious time to be there so that the match would run smoothly and be safe.Both goals were accomplished.

Just when I thought I had seen it all Jacob reaches into his bag of tricks and pulls out some evil stuff....KYL drill, support side,prone,sitting ,kneeling,and standing in 30 seconds....WHAT???

Anyway, A large time was had by all.Thanks again!!

I would like to reiterate something Terry mentioned in an earlier post.Everyone who participated in this match left Rifles Only a much better shooter than he or she was when they arrived.
I would also like to take this opportunity to invite the tremendous number of shooters who have been thinking about signing up for a match to go ahead and sign up and get your feet wet.There isn't but one way to learn, and that is to get out and do it. Everyone has to start somewhere. There is a very large group of seasoned riflemen at these events that are some of the best people you will run into, and will help in any way possible.

I really enjoyed seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

Once again: A huge thanks to all of the sponsors who gave so generously to the prize table. I know where my shooting dollars get spent....with these guys.
Todd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of vids I took on the first day.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xli915pdHB0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xli915pdHB0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Hey....that's my 22....</div></div>

It's freaking sweet! If my work contract had not got canceled during the middle of that freaking match ( FML) I was looking at getting one when I got home. I, got your card, and want to build a 77/22 once things turn around.

Thanks a ton for letting me shoot it.

Actually I think this was when Tony heard Nathan sent his daughter a friend request on facebook.....
IMG_0152_face0.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually I think this was when Tony heard Nathan sent his daughter a friend request on facebook.....
IMG_0152_face0.jpg
</div></div>

Winning!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of vids I took on the first day.

Hey....that's my 22.... </div></div>
And that's a video of me shooting your 22! I didn't know I was being filmed!

Ditto to all of the above.

I would like to also thank the Rangers for all they have done and will do so that the rest of us can enjoy the things we do! They are some of the greatest guys you can be around.

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually I think this was when Tony heard Nathan sent his daughter a friend request on facebook.....
IMG_0152_face0.jpg
</div></div>

Tony, I'm sorry, don't hurt me....please

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually I think this was when Tony heard Nathan sent his daughter a friend request on facebook.....
IMG_0152_face0.jpg
</div></div>

Tony, I'm sorry, don't hurt me....please </div></div>

That's some funny stuff right there, can't stop laughing!!!!

I love RO and all the shooting community. Thanks for supporting such a great sport everyone

Thank you Jacob & Lisa and the RO's (Lindy, Tony, Winn , Miles , Damian and all the others) The events were all very challenging and ran smoothly and safely. I don't remember any other match with so little down time. The multiple prize tables were loaded to capacity and my hat is off to the sponsors for supporting this comp and our sport.
It is always a great learning experience and fun times. Congrats to all the shooters who participated...
Be safe.
Stan