• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 KODIAK ISLAND PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION

tkbowes

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2007
Kodiak, Alaska
There will be a two day tactical rifle competition held at Salonie outdoor range on June 23 and 24 2012. 16 courses of fire Including movers, positional, barricades, pistol and stress fire. Minimum equipment should include a scoped rile (bolt or AR type, calibers 223 – 300WM) pistol (9mm minimum) with holster, 100 round of Ammunition for rifle and 10 for pistol. (No AP or tracer ammunition will be allowed)

Optional equipment may include spotting scope, tripod, rear-bag and back pack. There are only 30 slots available; first 30 paid competitors will secure their slots. Competitors will receive T-shirts, dinner at the mandatory safety meeting and at the award ceremony held at the conclusion on 24 June.

There will be prizes and trophies for the top placed finishers

Come see if you got what it takes to become Kodiak’s Top Gun.

Entry Fee will be $80.00 (all fees will be used for prizes)
Deadline for Registration April 30 20

For more information or to receive registration forms Contact Tom Bowes or Josh Harris at [email protected]

Re: 2012 KODIAK ISLAND PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION

just signed up for this match, really looking forward to it. I've not competed in a match like this....Come on out and shoot Kodiak!

This is a mega-long shot, but I would love to try and do this. Having a friend that lives in Kodiak it just gives me another excuse to try and make the journey from Texas.

according to google maps, it's only 4449 miles, 3 days 18 hrs each way for me. or 60k frequent flier miles. so tempting

Sounds very interesting. Only 10 pistol, is this correct?

Signed up looking forward to it now the decisions....What gun to bring.

For anyone considering flying in for the shoot- late June is absolutely prime time for saltwater fishing. I will be taking those two days off, likely my only days off the boat this summer. The prize table is going to be big! Sounds like some top shelf sponsors stepping up.

I am really looking forward to this. The course of fire should be challenging and a lot of fun, the prize table is getting tall and were almost full after only a little over a week.

If you still want to register, get on it! There are only a few spots left and the navy is sure to eat that up quick! hope to see you out there.

Just gotta ask this question.

Is this match really going to be held on Kodiak Island?
The island off the coast of Alaska where a bunch of really huge brown bears call home?

Forgive me for asking but I didn't think there were enough people living on that island to be able to put together something like at tactical rifle match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okie Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just gotta ask this question.

Is this match really going to be held on Kodiak Island?
The island off the coast of Alaska where a bunch of really huge brown bears call home?

Forgive me for asking but I didn't think there were enough people living on that island to be able to put together something like at tactical rifle match. </div></div>
Hell yeah, and knowing the match director some stuff is going to blow up at some point during the match.

Okie, Kodiak has a population of about 13 thousand full time residents, consisting of very hearty souls that hunt ,fish and shoot....a lot, so this match will and is filling up quickly. Yes, there are a lot of bears, most of them thankfully want nothing to do with humans. Think of them as really big dogs, that just want to eat salmon and not be bothered. You should come see this place for yourself, no place like it !!!

I wouldn't be surprised if some unsuspecting deer or bears made an appearance at the match. Wouldn't be the first time.
Kodiak has the largest Coast Guard station in the US and also the Navy Seals cold weather training facility so there are plenty of shooters here. A lot of local civilians like me like to kill critters and steel. This match is going to be good.

Yeah kodiak is awesome!!!

I have caught 10 out of the biggest 10 fish in my life in Chiniak! Thumb rock is the place to be come August and Early september!!!

I will talk with some family up in Chiniak and see if it works to take a family trip up in June! It might be perfect timing!!

BTW, I thought kings are running a little later???

You know me well Tom, There will be lots of stuff that will have to be blown up. Also Congrats on the ASC win. Tell Rod I said HEY!

M107- why only 10 pistol? Would love to be able to come up your way for this one.

We only have one course of fire that has the shooters transition from rifle to pistol with steel plates. We would love to have you. WHen your not shooting fish for pink salmon and the Halibut will be plentiful.

Any spots left? Not 100% sure I could make it but definitely interested.

Can nearly guarantee mannequin heads and tannerite will be involved.

Sounds too strenuous for old farts !!

Pete, come on don't give it all away. you know I had to leave the heads back in Camden,,,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GOT M107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete, come on don't give it all away. you know I had to leave the heads back in Camden,,,</div></div>
I've got those "Targets" in my shed if you need me to throw them on a C130 Heading that way...
wink.gif