• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

That's a beauty. Here's mine from 2011. Oh wait, I haven't gotten it back yet!!!

Congrats!!!!!

Small town taxidermist that started a barbecue side business. That turned the taxidermy business into a side business. I live 3 hrs away and he's hard to catch on the phone b/c of his BBQ truck. He's hard to catch at home when I am in town for the same reason. Deer season starts in a couple months. If he's going to be around to keep his taxidermy business going, it will be then. If nothing else, I'm going to get the cape and rack and take it to a different taxidermist. It's too bad as he does good work.

hey guys,
just a little anatomy lesson. the mount looks great but the white hair you see a quarter of the way up the shoulder is supposed to be in his arm pit. the tuft of hair you see on the side of his shoulder should be right at the front edge of the arm and all the hair on his shoulder should be brown. just like in the kill photo. nice looking mount though.

I didn't notice that but you are right. Texas deer are smaller than their northern brethren. The taxidermist must not have taken that into account and stretched a small cape over a larger frame. The deer is still a beauty...