• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition 2012 Odessa FV250yd F-Class

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
We will begin anew for this year at 250yds thanks to the work done during our very mild winter.

Our first match will be Saturday April 7th. Still $10 match fee and registration begins at 10:00 AM.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
grin.gif

Regards,

Scott

Re: 2012 Odessa FV250yd F-Class

Can I assume this is New York some where? I see you are in Watkins Glen. I'm in CT and searching for places to shoot F-Class this summer.

Thanks

Yes, we are in NY. The club`s zip code is 14869. Let me know if you would like further info.

Regards,

Scott

Too far for me. Thanks though.

Prior commitment O/O state, but my heart will be there. Best fortune to all.

Greg

I’ll be there for sure.

I went to the club last Tuesday to gather some velocity and come-up data on the .223 than Dan built me over the winter.

I shot the “new” 250-yard line.
250bench.jpg

I think I’m ready.
250group.jpg

That look's real good Kevin, here's one 5 shot group at 100 yards I mustered up, I just don't know if my shoulder will be able to handle 40+ shots with this load. I've upgraded to a Bell&Carlson Varmint Tactical stock on my 10fp .308. The other rifle is also a .308 that I built but haven't shot it yet, I'm waiting on the 0 moa base,the 20 moa is just too much for short range with a scope that doesn't have a lot of adjustment. The scope is a cheap Tasco 10-40 power. See you there.
Dan

F-Class016.jpg

F-Class017.jpg

Nice shooting Kevin!

Going to be a slow start for me this season. I just had arthroscopy surgery on both knees last week. Cleaned up all kinds of stuff in hopes of postponing double replacement for a few years. (Yea, I really hope this works!) At this point I'm still somewhat on crutches, but it is amazing how much better things get every day.

Once I get back on my feet I'll be continuing to get my Dad's place ready for the estate auction and putting the house on the market. The auction is set for the end of April, so I'll be busy in April.

My hope at this point is to at least make the mid-May match. If I get lucky, maybe the early May match.

Good luck to everyone, and I look forward to having a chance to catch up with all of you!

Steve

Sled,

I think I can speak for our group of regulars by saying that we <span style="font-style: italic">all</span> miss your participation. Looking forward to your return!

Special K,

I was there Sunday with the 6BR and the 6BRX to get the bores fouled for the season and noticed the location of that backer.
We will add 3 or 4 yards for the first match to make it "official".
wink.gif

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott,

Did you scale up the 200 yard targets for 250 or keeping them the same size? I'm sure the x-ring looks especially small at 250!

Steve

When I do show, it'll be the debut of the newly renovated Ghost Dancer. 30BR barrel, new fluted bolt knob, scope base mounting tuneup, combined with an exquistite silver gray and black Cerakote job constitute the makeover.

A very kind gentleman who begs anonymity converted a nondescript 22" 30 cal blank to a finished barrel, and Dan took it from there. If it shoots anywhere near as good as it looks, I'm in the ball game.

Will be trying 110 V-max, and 135SMK's in the 1:10" twist, with necked up 6BR Lapua brass and IMR-4198. May take a few tries to get things right.

Greg

Scott, how have you guys been? I've been hoping to get out with you again and shoot if you have room for one more. Just signed up for the Hide. -Good Shooting

AJ

The weather forecast appears favorable for Saturday`s match. I will picking up some new backer material on Wednesday that I hope will be an improvement over what we have used for the last 4 (?) years. I expect at least 4 new shooters for our first match. If anyone needs gear that would be helpful, let me know. I already have my Savage 6BR to loan for a new shooter and I expect that she will do fine.

Regards,

Scott