• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 SH Rifle is moving Forward

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">2012 Sniper's Hide Rifle Build by Spartan Precision Rifles</span>

We are moving forward with the 2012 Sniper's Hide Rifle build, and here is the initial look at what we are doing.

A limited run of 25 rifles, marked and numbered, built by Marc Soulie of Spartan Precision Rifles.

Bighorn Action,

AJ Goddard from Bighorn has completed all 25 receivers for us.

Bartlein is doing the barrels,

Manners the stock

Surgeon the Bottom Metal

This build will be different from the past, Sniper's Hide will be the point of contact for the built. I am taking personal responsibility, working with the manufacturers so they only have to deal with me. I am guaranteeing this build and will be accountable for it's completion.

Here are the actions as seen today by me:

SHR2012group.jpg

SHR2012bolt.jpg

SHR2012Closeup.jpg

SHR2012logo.jpg

SHR2012sn.jpg

The stock will be using is the new Manners Folder, however if a buyer wants the matching fix version that will also be possible.

mcs-tf1.jpg

This is a Short Action build only, however the buyer can spec caliber, 6mm to 308, the barrel length is up the user, the contour has been chosen for you. Any muzzle device beyond a single point thread will have to be user supplied.

We are looking at the folder being approximately $3850, although I have to check my numbers to be sure.

Before the week ends I will have finalized the details, and will have an order form ready. I anticipate at least a $2850 deposit when ordering opens. As I stated in the beginning, I will be the coordinating party on this, and the site will be the sole point of responsibility.

Re: 2012 SH Rifle is moving Forward

I'm debating this how long for the down payment and sign up.

Specs are awesome, what barrel contour?

Thunder Beast Arms Corp is going to offer matching suppressors to these rifles (#1-#25), with markings on the suppressor to match, at a discount of an additional 10% off MSRP.

AJ is one of our close shooting buddies and his actions are awesome.

A 30P-1 or 30BA would be a great addition to the 2012 SHR. We can ship the 30BA brakes directly to S.P.R.

Fantastic! Glad to see hide builds are back and marc is an absolute pleasure to deal with

The contours are a Remington light varmint similar to the Gladius spec.

Zak

That is awesome, I think giving guys the option to get a matching TBAC Suppressor with matching number and markings is great !

I will write that in the official release.

I think you could sell about 4 times that many rifles...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Limiting them makes them special-er </div></div>

A Bighorn SA/Bartlein/Manners build from Marc? It's going to be a great build!

SG

Great choice of components for the build. AJ makes a great action.
    grin.gif

Regards, Paul

I fondled a few in the picture today and they are awesome!

Bighorn (AJ), doesn't do less than perfect.

Awesome! Finally its out there. I was at Marcs shop when he got the call from Frank about this project. Marc swore me to secrecy and I held out, barely
    grin.gif

I just wish I could get in on this. This is going to be a legit build by a great 'smith and overall great guy. Fear not, this won't be like that other fiasco.

Congrats to Marc.

What a deal, what a steal! Congrats, Marc AND to those of you who get in on this build. As an owner of a Spartan "laser stick", I can assure you that you will NOT be disappointed. Unless I miss my guess, the rifles will shoot better than MOST of the buyers! Gives ya something to look forward to tho, huh? Only down side is those of us poor SOB's in Kommiefornia that know Marc and are nearby will now have to wait while this gets done! Marc Soule......makin chips and gettin honed! lol

OK, I know what Hospitaller means but what's a Special-er? Is this gonna be a rifle for the short-bus door gunner?

Man, that looks like a great package. I'd be in if I didn't have too many projects stacked up.

This is a great list of parts, being built by an awesome builder. Surly worth every penny. The addition of a matching TB suppressor really puts it over the top. Congrats to all involved, and to all the fortunate enough to actually own one of these rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a great list of parts, being built by an awesome builder. Surly worth every penny. The addition of a matching TB suppressor really puts it over the top. Congrats to all involved, and to all the fortunate enough to actually own one of these rifles. </div></div>

I echo what STR stated. Been shooting two of AJ's actions for a couple years, over 5000rds on them. Excellent action, built by a great guy.

Awesome.
    Frank, I know you did your homework on this before proceeding and it shows.

Looks like a really unique package with premium components and you could not have picked a better guy for the builds. Marc is on top of his game and I know all the new owners will be pleased. Rock and roll.

We are excited to have Marc and Spartan build this, and I think it's gonna go a long way to getting this stuff back on track.

I dont think anyone will be disappointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a hung fan of the Bighorn and Thunderbeast combo. These guys are going to love them. </div></div>

While I'm not hung, I'm definitely excited to see the completed product.

Thanks for all of the kind words guys and thank you Frank for choosing me to do this project.

Once this starts and I have all of the parts here I will focus on this and only this until they are all complete. The buyers will get a top quality rifle at a good price with a quick turn around time.

Marc

Looks like they are going to be excellent rifles. Very nice work!

Will the action be able to feed from AW magazines or is this a AICS magazine fed rifle?

Kind regards,
    Jared

I wish you would make a couple of lefties on the next one years model

What kind of bottom metal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of bottom metal? </div></div>

OP states Surgeon.

Those are going to be some excellent rifles.

Any chance of a jewell trigger option?

Go Huber or Timney 510 on the trigger...
    laugh.gif

I am down, I bet this will make an awesome rifle!

Frank, Much respect for doing this after the last build. I don't know if the respect of a know nothing, done nothing means a lot, but you have mine.

What a great bunch of parts, and an excellent gunsmith. These rifles are going to be awesome. I think the floating bolt head is will prove unusually good.

Yes, Huber trigger.

How do I get in on one? This is my first inquiry into a hide build.

Contact Lowlight, the OP. He is organizing the build, and handling the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skkeeter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested, but really wonder if a nobody like me would even have a chance of getting in on this!</div></div>

Do you have the $$? If so, I would say you have as much opportunity as the next guy.

Monday I will have everything in place to start taking orders for the Build...

We'll have a downloadable spec sheet where you can tailor the build with things like caliber, barrel length, and stock...

Yes, even a nobody like you can get in on this.
    Just be one of the 1st to sign up and have the $$ to pay. This is 'merica after all. All of our green backs are the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skkeeter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested, but really wonder if a nobody like me would even have a chance of getting in on this! </div></div>