• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 PCPR Challenge at altitude

Just found out about this (don't get on here very often). Sounds like a "blast". I'd love to join you, but got commitments next weekend (A bit too late to sign up anyway by the looks of it). Have fun guys. Hope you take lots of pics. :)

Last edited:
Damn this is alot of work! You guys that do this all the time WOW you rock..Clint, I dont know how you have done it all these years. Im sooo tired of hauling steel.

Here is a bit more info for you all....I hope you are checking this thread any way...

You will need 130 rounds if you count on doing alot of missing! none of you im sure!
I have Lat and Long cords to the gate just off Weber Cyn road and to the camp site.
There will be a PCPR sign on the road were you need to turn onto the property.
To the gate
40°46'12.21"N
111°12'19.28"W

To the camp site
40°46'51.85"N
111°12'53.54"W

This is just up the road after you pass through the gate maybe 1/2 mile(dirt road) mildly rough.

Please keep the Green gate closed there are livestock on the property.

You may arrive any time Saturday morning. Please allow enough time to sign in and Confirm zero if needed.(yes there will be a 100 yard range to comfirm)
shooter meeting at 12:00PM and shooting will start at 12:30.

There has been some interest in haveing a pistol course setup Saturday night after dinner for a side pot match?? Something like 15 targets fatest time most hits wins pot
$10 buy in......Just something to kill the evening. Bring cash and pistol if your interested.

Ask away if there are any questions.

I got about 1000 pounds of steel at the house here I could bring up to you if you want to haul some more Eric. Plus those two pieces you loaned me last Sept I haven't got back to you yet.

Eric,

Was wondering if you're going to lay your courses of fire out so that we all stand around and clap and cheer each other on or if you'll run it Cup/Steel Safari style with time limits that start once we come up to the course?

What's in Oakley/Kamas as far as amenities for food? How far away?

Alan

Eric,

Was wondering if you're going to lay your courses of fire out so that we all stand around and clap and cheer each other on or if you'll run it Cup/Steel Safari style with time limits that start once we come up to the course?

What's in Oakley/Kamas as far as amenities for food? How far away?

Alan

Alan,
IT will be structured like the CUP. There are 6 stages to complete each day, you will all be separated into 5-6 man squads for rotation. 5 minute stages...no big rush however the time will go quickly!

Lets see as far as food...there is a little diner in Oakley. Kamas has much better options there are sandwich shops, mexican, the Gateway grill(awesome), and the Kamas foodtown. Kamas is about 15 minutes away.

Just for clarification: you mentioned that once the course starts we will not be allowed back to our vehicles. Does this mean the entire 2 day match we will be living out of our packs, or do we get to go back to our vehicles on Saturday night?

Just for clarification: you mentioned that once the course starts we will not be allowed back to our vehicles. Does this mean the entire 2 day match we will be living out of our packs, or do we get to go back to our vehicles on Saturday night?

Negative. I believe he meant that once you start a stage, you will not be allowed back to your vehicle. Basically meaning you need to carry all your gear to each stage.

Correct me if im wrong Eric.

No. Once you leave your vehicals you will not be going back to them until you have completed the 6 stage rotation. Then we will all go back to camp for dinner. Then the same thing Sunday morning.

Curtis your wagon will need 4wd and big tires!! We have some big sage brush!

Guys I recommend elbow and knee pads. You will be on the ground in sage brush and rocks.

Keep the questions coming.

Will there be positions where shooting sticks will be used/needed? Or is it all prone?

Maybe a suggested gear list so we dont learn the hard way. lol

Cant wait man!

Will there be positions where shooting sticks will be used/needed? Or is it all prone?

Maybe a suggested gear list so we dont learn the hard way. lol

Cant wait man!

I'm going to say that you might be prone 50% of the time. The rest will be positional. So yes if you bring it you can use it. I would have sticks in my pack! Binos would be helpful to find targets. They are not hidden but may be hard to identify with the naked eye.

FYI...my normal short bipod was almost usless to me yesterday. Needed more height than I was used to.

I'm going to say that you might be prone 50% of the time. The rest will be positional. So yes if you bring it you can use it. I would have sticks in my pack! Binos would be helpful to find targets. They are not hidden but may be hard to identify with the naked eye.

FYI...my normal short bipod was almost usless to me yesterday. Needed more height than I was used to.

Is there anyway you can get up there and level the ground, take out bushes, and adjust the targets so our normal short bipods will work perfect?

Thank you in advance!!

:D

Last edited:
Would you mind spraying the area for bugs as well. Also maybe some temporary shelter with air conditioning wound be nice too.

HAHA.Let me see what I can do for ya!

Just wait till you see the porta shitter my dad build you guys out of an old abandoned play set! Its pretty cool. However only one shitter so in the event of an emegency you will need to find a nice grove of trees and a shovel.

question- you suggested an ATV in your original post...I can mobe one but would prefer to just bring my 4x4 Tacoma. Given the dry weather is that gtg?

question- you suggested an ATV in your original post...I can mobe one but would prefer to just bring my 4x4 Tacoma. Given the dry weather is that gtg?
Yes Sir, that will be OK. There would be less dust with ATV's. I can't believe how fast things are already drying out.

As a reminder, NO cars, all wheel drive Barbie mobiles may be OK (Subies). We hope shooters will pool together to the staging areas as much as possible to keep the vehicle impact and parking manageable. Thanks for the support, it is going to be a blast.

I've got a quad cab Taco if somebody/bodies only has a car and needs a ride around the course. As long as we are squadded together should be ok.

You will want to be on I-80 east of Park City

Take exit 155 toward Wanship/Kamas

Turn right on UT-32

Turn left onto Weber Canyon Rd

You will drive about 6.5 miles up Weber canyon. Destination will be on your left

did they match up? if not im lost!
You got it buddy! Thanks I really appreciate the help!
There will be a silver double gate that will be propped open. Then a single green gate... please keep the green gate closed behind you. Follow the dirt road for almost a mile. And you will run into the camp spot/ HQ.

Well if you guys have any questions ask away today. lm headed up the mountain in the morning, and will not have service.

I have a two that i'll bring. They aren't the best but I think they'll work.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Will bring both a 15-45 Zeiss and a 20-60 Swaro on good tripods.

Alan

Oh, yeah. And my A-game too. (;-)

Guys, if your camping and don't have cooking facilities, bring what you want. My grill will be open to everyone Friday night and Saturday morning.

Steve and I will be headed up tomorrow after work. and were bringing some beef! So we might put you to work Russ. haha. I have my mini grill loaded up. but might take advantage of a MANS grill.

Should be lots of fun.

Thanks to the Williams boys for putting stuff like this on. So all us shooting bums have something to look forward to.

First day was an outstanding success. My wind calls notwithstanding, did fine once both LRF and PDA were both set to yards. Just wish I'd noticed before the UKD stage. Looking forward to day two.

Just wanted to say thanks for that awesome shoot this weekend. It was challenging and a ton a fun at the same time! The people were welcoming, fun and entertaining. I have a serious amount of anticipation for the next one! For a side note if you need any help taking those targets down, don't hesitate to give me a call.

Just want to thank Eric his dad and all the RO's, SO's and everybody else involved for putting on such a great event. Great time had by all looking forward to the next one.
Edit: Didn't do that great but still had a great time shooting and hanging out with everyone.
"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Last edited:
Thank you all for the kind words. I had an absolute blast hanging out with you all this weekend. For our first go at a 2 day match I am happy with how things turned out. You guys couldn't have made it any easier and for that.. THANKS. I am most proud that we didnt have to jump anybody for a saftey violation! I also want to say thank you to all the spotters that gave up their weekend to help us enjoy ours. I Promise I will post score tomorrow I am just to tired to make this computer work properly!

However we will say CONGRATULATIONS to MR Jonathan Shults for an impresive WIN! I know for a fact this guy has put his heart and soul into perfecting his skill set and I couldbn't be happier for him! Goood job buddy!
2nd place couldn't go to a nicer guy... Brian E. Dude you are always a pleasure to shoot with, and I have a mountain of respect for you.
3rd place coming all the way from Las Vegas Tyler F. Thank you guys for making the drive up always nice to see you all.

Pictures and scores tomarrow!

A heart felt thanks for the Williams boy's and family, friends and others for putting on one of the funnest shoots I've ever attended. A few pics I took.

Click on pic for video.

Alan