• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 2nd Annual Matt Karstetter Memorial Field Match, Wilbur WA

DieselWSM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
Spokane, WA
As last year, this match is designed to encourage new shooter participation with generous targets and distances out to 1200 yards. This year we are incorporating some pistol and gas-gun stages to mix things up. A round count for weapon each system will be determined at a later date. We will have some gas-guns and pistols available for those who are not equipped so don’t let that discourage your registration, although we encourage you to bring something you are comfortable with. Contributions will once again be donated to the memorial scholarship fund for the children that Matt left behind.

Match Location / Date.
The match is scheduled for June 14th, 2014. Specific locations for the match will be given to the attending shooters once they have registered and the match gets closer.

Match Fee’s.
The Match fees will be $155.00 USD per shooter. Included in this price is a post-match tri tip barbeque and T-shirt.

Match registration & Sign In.
This year’s registration will be on a first come first served basis over the internet utilizing the store at In Motion Targets :: Home. This is the registration website, however, if shooters have any questions please contact the match director @ [email protected] We will have a limited number of slots available.

Only those who have made a prior arrangement will be allowed to register the day of the event. This is a “charity” shoot and no refunds will be given. Failure to sign in will result in a forfeiture of your entry fee which in turn will be an additional donation.

Accommodations.
Dry camp sites available.
Hotels / Motels.- The match will be held near Wilbur, WA. Hotel spaces are limited. Grand Coulee is approximately 30 miles from the match site.

Caliber & Other Restrictions.
This match will be limited to .300 win mag and lower.

Round Count
TBD.

Squad Movement.
All shooters will be organized in to squads prior to the match beginning. The RSO will instruct the teams where their next shooting station is and when they are cleared to move to that station. This will be done in order to keep track of all teams to ensure the safety of all involved in the match.

Prizes.
Plaques will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

We look forward to seeing you there! Last year we had a good turn out and the shooters enjoyed themselves and the barbeque afterwards. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Attachments

• 2014 Memorial T-Shirts.jpg
    2014 Memorial T-Shirts.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 25
We will throw some steel on the table for the shooters, and I would love to shoot it as well!

I want to shoot this again as I had a great time last year but this weekend is looking like it's going to be the Snipers Hide Cup weekend.... Just an FYI

Last edited:
I want to shoot this again as I had a great time last year but this weekend is looking like it's going to be the Snipers Hide Cup weekend.... Just an FYI

A lot of stuff going on around this weekend...just couldnt schedule around everything. You finished 2nd last year didnt you?

Just wanted to remind people why we are doing this...

"BPA lineman from Yakima dies in 100-foot fall-The Associated Press
SPOKANE — A 34-year-old Bonneville Power Administration lineman from Yakima has died after falling from a transmission tower near the Montana-Idaho border.

KREM-TV reports lineman Matthew Karstetter fell more than 100 feet on Sept. 20.

The accident is still under investigation.

BPA officials did not return a phone call Wednesday seeking more information on where the fall occurred.

Karstetter joined the BPA in June 2004. He worked on the Kalispell, Mont., transmission line maintenance crew until graduating from the apprentice program in 2008. Most recently, he worked as a journeyman on a transmission line crew in Spokane.

His obituary said a few days before his death, Karstetter was lowered to the wires by helicopter to rescue a crewman having a heart attack. The Yakima native is survived by his wife, daughter and unborn son."

If you are interested in sponsoring the match please contact Bill Sahlberg @ [email protected]

So currently we have some great sponsors lined up. The latest to join the cause:

Hodgdon Power- GFs for powder
Predator Tactical- 2 GFs for $1000 of a custom pistol!

There are a few things we are going to do differently this year.

Registered shooters will receive an email in regards to the Predator Tactical Custom Pistol Gift Certificates ($1000 off a custom pistol build) and this will start the "Auction". Since this is a fund raiser, it has been decided to auction some of the sponsorship items to try and build a generous pool this year for the scholarship fund. Our goal is to raise $5000 through auction and match fees.

We will be having the 1750yd competition again this year. Any caliber below a .300 WM can shoot. Whomever hits the 2'x2' steel plate wins 50% of the pot. $20 to get in, 5 shots. Last year an 11yr old boy and 15yr old boy split the pot with getting 2nd round hits.

Time dependent we will host the pistol match following long-gun, it will not be scored as part of the long-gun aggregate, but scored separately again this year.

There will be a Gas-gun/pistol stage near the assembly area so shooters will not have to pack extra equipment all day.

Current Sponsorship

We are getting a great lineup of sponsors for the match so far!

Attachments

• 5shotleather logo.jpg
    5shotleather logo.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Hodgdon Logo.jpg
    Hodgdon Logo.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 3Gun Logo.jpg
    3Gun Logo.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 21
  • HC Logo.jpg
    HC Logo.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Sponsors

Thanks to Lone Wolf Distributors for dontaing a barrel of the recipients choosing!!!

Attachments

• LWD.jpg
    LWD.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 22
Sponsors

Thanks Jim @ Precision Tactical for throwing some steel on the table!!

Attachments

• PT.gif
    PT.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 20
Sponsors

Springfield Armory is throwing some goodies on the table!!

Attachments

• springfield-armory.jpg
    springfield-armory.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 22
MGM Target Sponsor

MGM is donating the use of 4 of their flash targets at the match. Thanks MGM!!

Attachments

• MGM Targets.png
    MGM Targets.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 23
If you still have a spot I would like to sign up. Just one day (14th of June) correct?

Thanks

Sponsors

More sponsors added to the table. If you havent looked through the thread, scroll down and check out those companies that are willing to donate resources to this great cause.

H&H Precision Engineering (working on getting a logo)

Montana Gold Bullets

Attachments

• Montan Gold Logo.gif
    Montan Gold Logo.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 20
I'm looking forward to this match. I've also got a buddy and my dad signed up, neither of whom have ever shot a multi-gun style match.

I'm looking forward to this match. I've also got a buddy and my dad signed up, neither of whom have ever shot a multi-gun style match.

We were originally going to have a multi gun style match but the logisitics and the ability for shooters to field different weapons for the duration or the day have proved difficult. We still are having a pistol/bolt gun stage, and may incorporate pistols for all stages depending on the reponse i get back from shooters. It would mean packing a pistol all day and a little extra weight so not sure how the shootes would feel about that. This is a bolt gun match predominantly and not all shooters like to shoot pistols so that will weigh in on decisions as well.

Sponsors

Just confirmed that Best Shot Appraisals, LLC is donating a Springfield 9mm to the prize table!

We were originally going to have a multi gun style match but the logisitics and the ability for shooters to field different weapons for the duration or the day have proved difficult. We still are having a pistol/bolt gun stage, and may incorporate pistols for all stages depending on the reponse i get back from shooters. It would mean packing a pistol all day and a little extra weight so not sure how the shootes would feel about that. This is a bolt gun match predominantly and not all shooters like to shoot pistols so that will weigh in on decisions as well.
Oh no! Either way, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. It would be nice to shoot as much pistol as possible though especially since the carbine is going away!

Oh no! Either way, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. It would be nice to shoot as much pistol as possible though especially since the carbine is going away!

That is the general consensus :) We might be able to work something out!!

Would be nice to shoot about 100 rifle rounds and 50 pistol rounds over the course of the day. Still keeping the match a precision rifle match.

Another thing to do would go something like 100 and 100. Just keep the pistol points at half value

Would be nice to shoot about 100 rifle rounds and 50 pistol rounds over the course of the day. Still keeping the match a precision rifle match.

Another thing to do would go something like 100 and 100. Just keep the pistol points at half value

That is going to be the ballpark round count. The other issue is that not all shooters are setup to carry a pistol for this style of event as well as not all precision rifle shooters are a fan of pistols. Trying to find that happy medium so that people dont feel obligated to spend a bunch of money on gear for the match, nor do they feel discouraged because they are not fans of pistols.

To be fair, it was advertised as a multi-gun match. I don't know why people would sign up for a rifle/pistol/carbine match and then complain about having to shoot pistol/carbine. I can see that case for dropping the carbine at least as it is more stuff to carry and keep track of, but I have a hard time believing that it's an undue burden on competitors to carry a pistol in a holster during the match. I'd hope that anyone who signed up for this at least has a pistol, a few mags, and a holster.

I don't mean to be negative, and I'm sure it'll be a great match, but I think this is the perfect type of match (laid back, charity, welcoming to new shooters) for people to perhaps step out of their comfort zone and do some pistol shooting in a competitive environment.

To be fair, it was advertised as a multi-gun match. I don't know why people would sign up for a rifle/pistol/carbine match and then complain about having to shoot pistol/carbine. I can see that case for dropping the carbine at least as it is more stuff to carry and keep track of, but I have a hard time believing that it's an undue burden on competitors to carry a pistol in a holster during the match. I'd hope that anyone who signed up for this at least has a pistol, a few mags, and a holster.

I don't mean to be negative, and I'm sure it'll be a great match, but I think this is the perfect type of match (laid back, charity, welcoming to new shooters) for people to perhaps step out of their comfort zone and do some pistol shooting in a competitive environment.

Agreed.

Whatever you decide let me/us know. I have a glock but the barrel is short and I would be better suited with a different pistol if it counts for points during a match.

I have wanted to buy a good match pistol anyway...so it would be a good excuse!

Whatever you decide let me/us know. I have a glock but the barrel is short and I would be better suited with a different pistol if it counts for points during a match.

Didn't you have a thread a few weeks ago about picking up a CZ SP-01? That would be an excellent choice for a match pistol.

It is very likely that pistol stages will be scored on average hits multiplied by time remaining. So they will count as part of each stage they are involved in

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah I do nine but the trigger and sights on that thing are horrible.

Might be smarter for me to get those fixed to my liking then buy a new comp pistol. Good idea to save me a little money!!

I'd like a 9mm 1911 for a comp pistol eventually!

Some trigger/hammer parts and sights from Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom would solve that pretty easily.

Waiting on leave approval and ill look forward to this match~!

There are still a few spots open and if anybody is interested in being an RO, free meal and shirt.

The new Glock 41 would be a nice addition..... works left handed too!