• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

2014 Granite Creek Sniper Challenge June 6-8th in SW Montana

DivCap

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
EVENT INFORMATION: The team at Granite Creek Range invites you to participate in the first Granite Creek Sniper Challenge on June 6-8, 2014 in southwest MT! Two multi-stage events will test you and your team's abilities on our rough-terrain range with targets from 150 to 1200 yards. Our shooting positions are designed to enhance terrain and environmental challenges such as sun position, prevailing wind, long range target visibility with high engagement angles of up to 20 degrees.

Open Class:
Proudly Sponsored by Gunwerks!

Entry Fee: $225.00
First Place Prize: $1000, BR2 Range Finder from Gunwerks

This course of fire is designed to test your skills in a variety of different ways. The course will consist of 6-8 stages with distances out to 1200 yards. You will shoot as individuals and be scored as individuals. You may pair up with another competitor and spot for each other. Although you will not have the same physical requirements as the Team Challenge, there will be some hiking required.

Allowed weapons in the Open Match will be .223 up to .300 Winchester Magnum, up to 220 grain projectiles and a maximum muzzle velocity of 3300 fps.

Team Challenge:
Proudly Sponsored by Nightforce Optics

Entry Fee: $450.00
First Place Prize: $2000, Pair of Nightforce Scopes

Additional prizes will be sponsored by Mystery Ranch for the fastest combined time between match stages.

This course of fire will not only test your shooting ability but test your physical ability as well. The course will consist of 6-8 stages with distances out to 1200 yards. You will shoot as a team with one designated primary shooter and one designated secondary shooter. Primary and secondary shooters must switch designations twice during the match.

Allowed weapons will be restricted to .308 and .300 Win Mag. One member of each team will be required to shoot .308

Team Challenge competitors will be required to carry all equipment needed for the day with them while they move between stages. Movement between stages will vary from 200 yards to 3 miles. Competitors will have a time requirement between stages.

A percentage of all the entry fees will be donated to HAVA(honored American Veterans Afield)

Check out additional information and registration at Diverse Capabilities, LTD

Last edited:
You might consider making it more obvious (as in adding it to the thread title, perhaps) where this takes place.

sorry, I tried immediately after I posted it but I cant figure out how to edit the thread title, only the contents. We are located one hour from Bozeman in southwest MT. Thanks

sorry, I tried immediately after I posted it but I cant figure out how to edit the thread title, only the contents. We are located one hour from Bozeman in southwest MT. Thanks

To edit the title, click edit post then, advanced. Then you can edit a title of the post.

The range is located southwest of Bozeman about 15 miles from Ennis. Feel free to give me a call for more details and lodging information. Bill 406-596-7618 thanks everyone for the interest

Sounds like fun. Wish I could come support a new match but other obligations prevent..

Good Luck!

Granite Creek June Match

I have participated in long range training at the Granite Creek Range recently; the facilities, range and guys at DivCap are fantastic. Looking forward to coming out again for this match and competing with all the military/civilian teams. Should be a great time with challenging shooting in an amazing location. Hope to see everyone there.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who has already registered for the match. May 15th will be the registration deadline. There is still some slots available if anyone is interested visit Diverse Capabilities, LTD

The Granite Creek Sniper Challenge was awesome. Had some really challenging stages. High angle, unorthodox positions and even a stage where you shot out of the back of a moving LMTV. Also a crazy prize table. All this in some of the prettiest county on earth. If you get the chance, definitely worth going to next year.

Great match, a lot of unique shooting positions and scenarios. The unimog stage was great, I had shot movers before but never when I was moving and the targets were stationary, good fun and humbling at the same time. The match was run well the, RO's competent and a good bunch of guys. The 2.5 mile hike with gear "team match only had to hike, open class did not" put my cardio in to perspective, lacking. All in all one of the best matches I have been to. The prizes were excellent, mystery ranch stepped up with at least four packs, nightforce, gunwerks, Gamo, elite iron, manners, and several others all had gear up for grabs. I don't think anybody left with less than their entry fee in prizes. All in all a great day in some of the prettiest and steepest country I have shot in. Also the barbecue pork sandwich and the rest of the food they had at the end was awesome. Thanks again for a great day of shooting and eating. Sign me up for next year, or maybe this fall????

Thank you to all the competitors that helped make our first match a success. We would also like to thank all of our great sponsors: Gunwerks, Nightforce, Mystery Ranch, MGM Targets, Bushnell, Manners, Peak Inc., Uncle Mikes, Hoppes, Elite Iron, Odin Works, Outdoor Life, Upper Canyon Outfitters, Demaray Rifle Works and Gamo Outdoors.

We probably won't be able to run another match this fall but we already looking forward to next year. In the hope of getting more shooters, we would appreciate input on dates that don't conflict with other matches for late spring.

We will try to get pictures up on our webpage (Diverse Capabilities, LTD) and our Facebook page soon.

Again, thank you to all the competitors, RO's and sponsors