• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 K&M Precision Rifle Compeition ***RESULTS/PHOTOS***

The wife, my 22 month old and myself will be staying at the holiday inn express in Crestview. If anyone has a wife/girlfriend who want to come down and hang out by the pool while we shoot then tell them to come on down. I do have a favor to ask of the weather, Can I get a cold front to come through for that weekend. Maybe low 70's and no humidity :)

Final pieces are coming together well. Prize table is simply great! 20 stages from 60 seconds to 4 mins long. 180 rounds will get you through the weekend. We are two weeks out and I can't wait to see you all!

Shannon

Me and the bride will be staying at Comfort Inn and Suites all are welcome.

PM me to see who all will be there.
This is our first match and we are really looking forward to the experience.

I'm stoked. Did a little shooting yesterday, I'm sure it'll be a blast. Are you guys going to have divisions such as top .308/ top LE/Mil? Either way looking forward to it.

KJ

For anyone interested......I found a campground about 10 minutes away from the complex that has water & electricity hookups, showers, etc. There are 15 sites with water/electic and several more without. It's first come first serve, no reservations, but they say on Merorial Day weekend it gets busy. PM me for details if you're interested.

The K&M Precision Rifle Competition is officially a week away! We'll have well over 100 shooters getting ready to battle it out and a kick ass prize table. Thank you to all the shooters, volunteers, RO's, and especially our sponsors.

We will see you in a week! If you have squad requests please email before 1pm this Sunday.

Trophies will be awarded to the top 5 shooters and top military.

Shannon

Have a good match, we are knee deep in our prep too as the Cup is the same weekend.

Imagine what kind of match could be held with coordination, you have over 100, we have 126, the precision rifle pool is out there.

Big is understatement, either way enjoy the match, be safe and have fun.

Frank - same to you, knock it out of the park! We should get something together in future. BIG indeed. Maybe when I get back from Afghanistan. Not sure I want the stress of something that massive. lol

Guys - all roster requests have been updated. I grouped you the best I can, there were a lot of requests. We will break up at different times, in different numbers throughout the match. So there might be some rotations where you get broken up. My goal is to get you all together at least for 2/3rds of the match. I'll be off the net for most of the week, except evenings. Once the match starts, Ill be at the facility with poor cell coverage, text works best.

Travel safe. Its going to be hot! But no rain in the forecast!

Shannon

Was pumped to come down and shoot this match but it looks like I won't be attending. Scorched my weak side palm pretty good Saturday. Hope you guys have a fun safe match.

Loading the last few rounds needed for the weekend....
Pulling out tomorrow around lunch time.
Can't wait to experience my first major comp.!!

See you guys on the Bravo Lane!!!

Just made it down to crestview. Anyone heading out for dinner anytime soon?

Will be at La Rumba Mexican joint at 6:00 pm tonight....a little pre-comp tequila never hurt anyone !!!

Anyone looking for a last minute room in crestview - 1 left at
Comfort Inn & Suites
900 Southcrest Drive
Crestview, FL 32536, US

Dream of the RO yelling 'IMPACT'

While it was hot as hell this weekend, the match seemed to run well. Thanks to everyone that came out, and hopefully we will see many of you back in FL for the Pro-Am in August.

Great match. Thanks to Shannon, the RO's, all the vendors and especially the ladies that worked in the office and loaned me the dry erase marker. See you guys at the next one.

Stay Safe
Kevin

Many thanks to Shannon, the ROs, everyone who worked to bring this all together, and all of the very generous sponsors! Thanks also my wife, who hung out the entire match taking pictures and made no complaints whatsoever! Congratulations go to everyone who competed and kept all their rounds on the property and everyone safe. There was not a single person in attendance who didn't make a positive contribution to the event, and I thank you all very much. K&M is my favorite square-range place to shoot, simply the best group of folks around. I had a blast this weekend!

Scores:
View attachment SCN_0001.pdf

Last edited:
This weekend was one of the most exciting weekends of my life. My husband (map-it) competed and I volunteered to help with the admin. It was a huge honor to be entrusted to help compile the scores for Shannon, and to work with his amazing wife Julie.

Having the opportunity to see the inner workings behind the scenes was eye opening. It is far more complicated than I could have imagined, just coordinating the prizes is a months long, incredibly complex task. Julie Kay is a powerhouse, she has my complete respect and admiration.

I seriously don't know how Shannon does it, he never stopped working the entire weekend, maybe Monster Energy Drinks should be a sponsor.

The Range Officers work incredibly hard to make sure the scores are accurate and that everyone is treated fairly. It was super cool to see how much they cared.

Big thanks to K&M for such a great weekend! It's reassuring to know I will be in such good hands when I compete in the Pro/Am in August.

You think it was hot this weekend? Last August I saw satan standing in the shade drinking a slurpie.

It was definitely hot but a great time was had. Thanks to Shannon, the ROs, everyone else who helped and all the sponsors. Anytime at K&M is a good time. Looking forward to the next match down there. I'll be there as long as they are offered. Phenomenon facility to say the least.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Great match Shannon. Many thanks to your crew that gave up their time to help run the match. Courses of fire were challenging and they all flowed pretty smoothly. Sponsor's, what can we say, many many thanks, these guys step up and put products on the table again and again, we can't thank you enough. Well, I guess we can buy more can't we! Great job Shannon, and next time, a little breeze would help, or lets do this one in October!

As always a top notch event at K&M. Shannon and the gang laid out an awesome course of fire. Had some really fun and challenging stages!! I was blessed to be able to meet several new faces and catch up with some old friends.

Huge thank you to all the RO's who came out to make this possible. Very proffesional group of people!!.

Thank you to all the sponsors for the contributions to the match.

I really like seeing all the new faces and people who had never shot a match before!! Lets keep this up and grow this sport.

the facility is awesome.

the RO's /Staff are great . i wanna thank you guys gals for a great job with a friendly smile.

sponsors were great. thank you to Euro Optic especially. the cert was EXACTLY what i needed.

i always learn so much every time i get to visit.

great to see everyone!!

Wow. Once again the trip to K&M did not disappoint. The match was great, the weather was hot, and the shooters were on. I am blessed to be able to shoot these matches with the best group of people on the planet. I am proud to call them my friends. Thanks to the sponsors who really out did themselves with the prize table. Thanks to the volunteers and RO's who made this match run smooth and flawlessly. Thanks to Shannon Kay for his dedication to the sport and putting on a first class match.

If you have not been down to K&M you are really missing out on a great match.

Bill

Great match, great RO's, great sponsors, ( I got a CS Tactical certificate and already used it on a scope)

Shannon did a great job with the match and timing the rain:), tons of new shooters!

This is what we need, friendly competitions that grow the sport.

Had a great time. Thanks to Shannon and everyone for a very well run and really fun match. Was nice to meet a bunch of new faces. Really liked the mover stages and the hoodlums in the street stage was the best. Would like to see more of that ! I just wish I lived a lot closer to the range. Truly a top notch facility.

Can someone point me in the direction of the fellow that was taking photos at the match. His son followed me during the grind and I'd like to try and get a copy of it. It's the only event I did really well on. Any other events he may have video of me in he can keep.

Stay safe
Kevin

Shooters,

Thank you so much for your kind words and supporting the match! These events are never easy, but when we get a chance to meet new shooters and touch base with old friends, it makes the effort so worth it. I try really hard to keep the COF fresh, balanced, fair and keep the events you really like year after year. If you have feedback feel free to share. It was awesome to see many new shooters hang with the top guys. I hope you all see the atmosphere that we strive for at K&M PRT and come back in the future. You should have learned a ton.

The match would not possible without my friends that volunteer to RO and assist in scoring. George, Shannon, Don, Mike, Josh and his wife, Mark, Cathy, Cathy, Scott, Brandon, Ward and his PTAC crew, my wife Julie, Eric, Max, Shilo, and many others thanks you for the sacrifice to help.

Mike Cage always is there capturing the events with video and pictures. Mike, thanks for sharing your talents and time. I cant wait to see the photos. Once I get them I will post them.

On that note - in the next few weeks we will be putting together a nicely done video with all the media we captured.

The sponsors have always been good to the match and to the shooters that attend. Please take the time to thank them. Their support made the match and I will be sending formal thank you letters soon. Please follow up with a note from yourselves. It goes along way with them.

Congrats to the top shooters! Well done! We saw some young talent rise to top and that is impressive. It takes a lot of hard work to get there.

1 Dave Preston
2 Francis Kuehl
3 Joe Walls
4 Joseph Hein
5 Jason Greene

I have Kelby gift certificate that someone left. Get with me and I'll send it your way. More to follow - let me get caught up with work and I will follow up with some media. Thanks Guys!

Shannon

Last edited:

Here are just a few photos. I finally got all the media organized and will have the match video done by early July. Special thanks to Mike Cage for all the photography help. He took a hundreds of photos and captured every shooter during dedicated stages throughout the match. If you haven't contacted him yet, feel free to do so and he will get your photo(s) to you. \

Shannon

Bill & I were just saying the same thing. Amazing work, do you know if he sells prints?

No idea, but I'm sure he could have one done if you asked nicely enough. Shoot him a message on Facebook. He might also be willing to send you the raw digital file and you could take it to somewhere like Staples to get it printed.