• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 Steel Challenge near Kettle Falls WA

Gentlemen... I just got back on here ( doing the preshoot honey do list ) and see that a number of fellows have offered the use of their rifles I want to thank u all very much .. all these rifles offered r top shelf stuff any any of them would be a great choice I shoot 260 it would probably be to r advantage to shoot 260 as well though he shoots a custom 308 a big factor is being able to buy ammo down there either from the rifle's owner or store bought down there.. he cant bring any across with him he does have a MK IV 8,5 x 25 x 50 with 30 mm tube he can bring and AI mags as well PM sent to the fellows that offered thanx again at the very least Che' owes someone a steak dinner
Please read your PM.
My loaner rifle is missing the trigger pins- I'll try and round some up in the morning but I'm not optimistic.

2014 Steel Challenge near Kettle Falls WA

Great match with a lot of effort put forth from hosting crew. Thanks to Carl, Brent, Kettle Falls Mafia and ROs for yet another great and challenging year. The Vortex Binos donated by Mike were sincerely appreciated as was the unexpected recognition. Camp Patriot is a solid cause, worthy of attention. Plus, gotta love those movers and I survived the boat by sopping up a good 2 inches of water in the bottom with my pants. See you in 2015! -Anne & Eric, Team SFS

Last edited:
Congratulations to Scott Satterlee and Kevin D on their first place finish. The COF was..ahem...challenging , with perhaps maybe just one or three difficult target locations. I need to work a lot more on shooting obscured targets and shooting from pitchy fir trees. :eek:

(While I'm thinking diabolical bastards-I aint gonna say it).

Thanks to Carl, the RO's who travelled in from across the country, and The Kettle Falls Mafia for their hard work to put the shoot on for in one of the most picturesque shooting locations in the country.

Hope that everyone got home safely, and will be back again next year to support this great cause.

Last edited:
Thanks to Carl and his crew for another fantastic Kettle Falls match supporting a great cause! Once more, Carl turned his devious mind to good use creating situations that strained the brain to figure out. (How about needing to shoot through a small log to hit the target? Or finding a target hidden in heavy brush 50 feet in the air in the crook of a tree? Very difficult to range properly with electronics due to the brush hits around the target. Or a random intermittent motion 800 yard mover at 20 degree uphill angle?) Anyway, great place to learn and improve skills.

Last edited:
WOW is all I can say, Awesome Match! Can't wait for next year. Carl, Brent, and the Crew put together a Great event, Thanks guys! Thanks to my last minute partner Dan H. good shooting with you!

Thanks for putting on a fun and challenging match Carl! Thank you to all of the ROs and everyone who helped to put on this match for a great cause. I am already looking forward to finding out what Carl has in store for us next year.

Incredible match and had a blast. I'm just now getting up and moving on the day to unload my truck of all the gear. After we were done shooting yesterday we made the drive home to Portland so a few guys could be at work this morning. I'm exhausted but already looking forward to next year.

i-Lnw6FNN-XL.jpg

No roof tops, no whining, no cheating...
Great people, great terrain, great match!
Hats off to Carl and the Kettle Falls Mafia.

Now that I've managed to wake up and unpack some just wanted to take a minute to give a huge thanks to Carl, the KF Mafia, and everyone involved in putting this match on. It is always an incredible experience. The RO's were great. The hospitality given both on and off the hill is one that would make anyone feel welcome.

The match was a challenge and as it does year to year threw some curves at us. I always come home from the match humbled and with new knowledge. Those obscured targets were interesting. Shooting positions are always interesting. Small targets piss me off. Hiking all that ways kicks my ass. But I always look forward to it again.

Thanks to my teammate and the rest of the "Portland" crew for once again making the travel entertaining. Even though we all live within an hour of each other and talk often I feel that these trips are just special. Even after all the years of knowing you guys I always learn a little more about ya on these trips. I appreciate all of you. Those of you in the Portland crew who couldn't make it this year I hope to see next year.

Everyone who participated in this match was great. Meeting new friends, seeing old ones, taking a minute here and there to chat between stages, crossing on the trails, etc., is always a treat. We had to leave before scores yesterday but as we drove out and waived to everyone on the way out I said it again as I do every year, the people who shoot this match are always so unique and great. I truly enjoy all the people at the match.

For now my Hawaiian shirt is in the washer getting ready for next year.

Once again, Carl and the crew put together a great match, for a great cause. My wife and I had a fantastic weekend, and I want to thank everyone that made her feel welcome and encouraged her to try it out. This match was a challenge, for sure, but my teammate and I worked well together and shot some really great stages! I've uploaded the pictures that Megan took, mostly of our team and squad.

http://s766.photobucket.com/user/St.../Camp Patriot Steel Challenge 2014 Team Match

See y'all at the Karstetter Memorial Match!

Carl and crew, thanks for yet another outstanding match. I'm looking forward to next year already.

Once again, Carl and the crew put together a great match, for a great cause. My wife and I had a fantastic weekend, and I want to thank everyone that made her feel welcome and encouraged her to try it out. This match was a challenge, for sure, but my teammate and I worked well together and shot some really great stages! I've uploaded the pictures that Megan took, mostly of our team and squad.

Good to see you there, thanks yet again to Megan for all the great pictures.

Attachments

• meg pic.jpg
    meg pic.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Great pics Megan and thanks for sharing. Speaking of pics and the like, one of the teams in our group got video of Eric and I on the mover Day 2. Since we have no video evidence of shooting together as in previous years....would it be possible to have that link or file pm'd? It would probably be the only video of us in history that didn't chop off our heads, lose sound or turn off when we thought we were turning it on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW is all I can say, Awesome Match! Can't wait for next year. Carl, Brent, and the Crew put together a Great event, Thanks guys! Thanks to my last minute partner Dan H. good shooting with you!

Finely made it home. Would have loved to have stayed longer, but had other obligations so I had to leave as soon as match was over. I did have a lot of fun and thanks to Carl and everyone that helped to put this match together. Brian, likewise. Glad you had a good time and catch you at the next one!

Who was shooting 260 ai from 260 lapua brass pm me I know you live in that area as me Steve I just don't know your screen name

All I can say is wow... just wow.

What a great match put together by Carl and his team. For my first time shooting this match with a first time partner, I am extremely pleased with all aspects of this event.

The trek from Portland with our crew was a blast; meeting a bunch of new people prior to the event was great; a challenging yet fair and well ran match; and a tiring but enjoyable trip home. All in all a great weekend and one I will forward to for years to come !

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk