• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2019 Chevy Silverado Strange Occurrence

bkglock

Field Marshal
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2002
USA
Yesterday I drove to the store, parked, got out and locked the doors. I started walking toward the entrance and realized that my wallet was still in the truck. I turned around and walked back to the truck, when I got about six feet from the truck the horn started blasting. Got the FOB out of my pocket and hit the button to silence the horn, it didn't work, pressed it again, didn't work. now I'm thinking what the f**k! Tried it a third time and the loud horn stopped and a series of quieter chirps happened, then silence. Here is the strangest part. I get in the truck and on the dashboard display in big letters it reads, "THEFT ATTEMPTED". Truck started normally and has been working fine since.

Anyone else see this before? Any Chevy techs that could shed some light on this? Thanks.

Battery low on charge.
Vehicle....possibly remote too, but vehicle battery.

Oh, and GM shit be like that.
Be sure to check the main power lead on back of alternator, they have a tendency to fry.
Yes both battery and alternator can do intermittent shit so it might test good right now and 10 minutes later test bad.