• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2019 schedule for 300 yard matches at Hilltop gun club Clyde NY

JDASR

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2013
Seneca Falls new york
sign in at 8AM shoot at 9AM apri 20 may18 june15 july20 august 17 sept 21 oct19
40 rnds for score unlimited sighters stage one =two 10 rnd targets stage two = two 10 rnd targets
8,9,10 ring is approx. 1moa x ring is 1/2 moa perfect score is 400 40x

Reactions: DanSavage
sign in at 8AM shoot at 9AM apri 20 may18 june15 july20 august 17 sept 21 oct19
40 rnds for score unlimited sighters stage one =two 10 rnd targets stage two = two 10 rnd targets
8,9,10 ring is approx. 1moa x ring is 1/2 moa perfect score is 400 40x
33 days till our first shoot,get your stuff ready

Thanks for that. I was just thinking about it and was hoping it wasn't the first week of April. I now have a chance to get sighted in before the shoot. Thanks again.

1 Jamie B 400 34X
1 Sarah G 400 34x
2 Dennis V 400 33x
3 Kris L 400 32x
4 Albert H 400 30x
5 Jim W 400 28x
6 John M 399 28x
7 George 399 24x
8 AJ H 399 23x
9 Lamar W 399 22x
10 David D 399 19x
11 Roger P 398 16x
12 Derek B 397 25x
13 Craig C 396 19x
13 Eli B 396 19x
14 John A 396 18x
15 Jason M 393 17x
16 Eric B 386 8x
17 Eric W 377 7x
18 Peter D 373 8x
19 Sean P 308 5x [DNF]

Never been to a shoot but seeing how Clyde is maybe 2 hours from my farm And maybe 1/2 hour from My in-laws summer place in Fairhaven I may get their for sure in August, maybe 1 sooner. Is this from the bench or prone ??

Never been to a shoot but seeing how Clyde is maybe 2 hours from my farm And maybe 1/2 hour from My in-laws summer place in Fairhaven I may get their for sure in August, maybe 1 sooner. Is this from the bench or prone ??
you will be welcome. there is a crown in our range out near 250 yds
we tried prone but the bullets were clipping the grass so we gave up on that
strickly bench shooting
we have 19 covered benches, but can only use 12 for 300 yards
so come on out and enjoy the fun

Thanks, that was my first outing after screwing back on the bartlien 6br barrel and re zero with the exact load I had in my reloading notebook. 107 SMK, Varget and cci br4.
Still using the same small shank short action 4.4 savage varmint action but using a competition trigger around 4 oz.
Same one I started out with in Odessa.

Here's my best 10 shot group at 300 yards I shot at Clyde last year with a 6ppc.

Thank you, guys. We're doing very well, considering that we both came down here at least partly for health benefits.

Mostly, though, we were displeased with the status of Gun Owners under the NY State, and many NY cities', singular attention.

When Cuomo told Gun Owners that they are not wanted in NY State and should move, I took his rare good advice and boogied SE. I can tell you from experience, it's working.

We started West from Key West, through Pensacola, New Orleans, many places in Texas (Celia and I both have family in the Lone Star) blew straight through New Mexico (they tax Social Security) and ended up down very near the border in SE AZ/Cochise County.

We looked around a bunch until we found what we really liked seeing in the windshield. I walk out to the end of my driveway, look left and up, and see Cochise's Stronghold about 2mi West of here.

The story is that he was buried secretly and is still up there. It's a great neighborhood, I like the neighbors, including Cochise. Our village is part of a Ghost Town called Pearce, about 45 minutes from Tombstone.

Everything here is just absolutely different from NY. Costs less, but everything is a lot further away. I commute three times a week to Tucson for Cardio-Pulmonary Rehab at Banner UMC, 80 miles each way. Most other things are like that, but living here in the High Desert (4350ft ASL) makes it all worth it. Ballistics are a bit different at this altitude.

50 miles South is Douglas (right on the Border) and the local formal range, a retired Army Reserve base that's maintained by our club as the Douglas Municipal Shooting Park (bet you'll never see one of those in NY!). Rifles, concrete benches with targets and steel out to 300m, and CBP/ICE share the lane alongside us, separated by a berm (lots of auto fire going on over there). We do Garand and 2-Gun Combat shoots monthly, along with a smattering of other events.

My own Garand is set up for match shooting (bedded, match Globe Front Sight and inserts, butt extension), and I currently have 600rd loaded in clips, with components for another 250rd in clips, all set to go.

The whole family lives down here together (Celia, myself, our Daughter, and 2 Grandkids); and we adults all shoot and carry, no CCW permit required in AZ.

I'm the VFW Post's Adjutant and Armorer, and I maintain 8 Garands in like-new condition for ceremonial firing (getting them ready now for Memorial Day).

Best fortune to you folks and all the gang.

Greg

Last edited: