• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2020 Hunting Thread: Post Your Kills!

Md Sika, tastiest game meat I’ve had

Attachments

• A1DBD21D-0969-407E-A39D-24C39FD6A573.jpeg
    A1DBD21D-0969-407E-A39D-24C39FD6A573.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 92
Same day, opening weekend of MO rifle season. I shot a nice 8 and my girlfriend shot her first deer ever. Rifle is a 6.8 SPC build with Trijicon scope and handloads.
Russ deer 1.JPG
Sarah deer 1.jpg
bullet 1.jpg

Last edited:
Arizona Elk Hunt. Successful and interesting year. All three of us tagged out, one of us twice. Went with two of my cousins. On 2nd day one cousin and I shot two bulls that were bedded down about 20yds apart on the opposite ridge. Range was 860yds. An hour+ later when we got to the site three guys were butchering my cousins 6x6 and claimed it as theirs as they had gut shot it three hours before.

Seven guys with a lot of weapons 9,000+ ASL on ridge miles from anywhere. Things got tense. My cousin said f**k it because he thought the young kid had the tag and we had 5 more days to hunt. Later we found out the young kid was actually a guide and the old man was the tag holder. Messed up situation.

In any event three bulls in the freezer is the overall result. Nothing special in terms of rack size but a good hunt that produced a lot of memories.

Last pic is of rounds recovered from my last two elk hunts. Both went through bulls and came to rest under the hide opposite. One of the left was from this years hunt. The round is a 300WM Barnes VOR-TX LR 190gr recovered after an 860yd shot. It hit a rib and not much else other then tissue. The one on the right is a 300 Weatherby Barnes X 180gr bullet after traveling though a quartering away bull at ~ 100 yds. That round shattered the forward left shoulder socket after traveling though lung, liver, and heart.

These are tough bullets. My HMR loves the VOR-TX LR. My best group with them is .27” at 200yds. Wish I could actually buy more of them. Only have two left. Hope these start appearing in stores again soon.

Oh, the old fella in the middle is me.

elk 2020 3.jpg
elk 2020 12.jpg
Recovered Elk bullets.jpg

Last edited:
Got quite the squirrel over Thanksgiving. Browning T-bolt in 17 HMR, DRT. Also got a doe on Tuesday, but nothing special about her. 450 bushmaster ar-15 build, 250 ftx DRT at ~50 yards.
squirrel.jpg

Last edited:
My cousin this afternoon. Sometimes i curse dental school. Evident they’re running in the delta.
He sent me a series of snaps lol poor guy was hunting that big 9pt and has been for 4 years. Apparently he’s lost a lot of mass certainly looks like it.
Anyhow he sees him and put the 308 on him and it goes click. Bullet is also jammed in the lands. Deer runs off. He grabs the new 12.5” 300blk of his and goes walking in the CRP. Jumps another big 8. Turns left and the 9 is looking at him. Down he goes with the 300blk. He was ecstatic.

B7CDF41A-9174-45D7-9CC1-4170B77C4643.jpeg

Arizona Elk Hunt. Successful and interesting year. All three of us tagged out, one of us twice. Went with two of my cousins. On 2nd day one cousin and I shot two bulls that were bedded down about 20yds apart on the opposite ridge. Range was 860yds. An hour+ later when we got to the site three guys were butchering my cousins 6x6 and claimed it as theirs as they had gut shot it three hours before.

Seven guys with a lot of weapons 9,000+ ASL on ridge miles from anywhere. Things got tense. My cousin said f**k it because he thought the young kid had the tag and we had 5 more days to hunt. Later we found out the young kid was actually a guide and the old man was the tag holder. Messed up situation.

In any event three bulls in the freezer is the overall result. Nothing special in terms of rack size but a good hunt that produced a lot of memories.

Last pic is of rounds recovered from my last two elk hunts. Both went through bulls and came to rest under the hide opposite. One of the left was from this years hunt. The round is a 300WM Barnes VOR-TX LR 190gr recovered after an 860yd shot. It hit a rib and not much else other then tissue. The one on the right is a 300 Weatherby Barnes X 180gr bullet after traveling though a quartering away bull at ~ 100 yds. That round shattered the forward left shoulder socket after traveling though lung, liver, and heart.

These are tough bullets. My HMR loves the VOR-TX LR. My best group with them is .27” at 200yds. Wish I could actually buy more of them. Only have two left. Hope these start appearing in stores again soon.

Oh, the old fella in the middle is me.

View attachment 7492630View attachment 7492631View attachment 7492632
Really cool to see the recovered bullets!

Just before the election silliness I scored a lefty Rem 700 LTR, which I didn't even know they made along with 400 rounds of Hornady Black 168gr Amax. Dropped in a TT Special and added my Omega and it took 6 rounds to be cutting the bullseye and ready to go. Went and shot some does, none of which needed tracking. Great little rifle and proofed the concept for a 'ranch gun'.

8B50143B-DF3E-4E4D-A3BC-DE9127752A40.jpeg
329CFA8C-596B-43A3-8491-1D86C50A43FA.jpeg

Only shot pics of this fella.

You gotta tell us about that rifle and stock!!!

Theres actually a build thread on it!

I took my oldest boy with me this past Saturday. Everyone on our place has been after this old management buck for the past 3 years. We aged him at 7.5 and possibly 8.5. He’s super smart and elusive but Saturday he messed up. I put a 180gr Berger VLD in his neck at 286 yards out of my 7WSM.
B6FF0D07-05DF-4181-97D6-19924B8C7AA7.png

My baby girl (9yrs) bagged the second buck of her short hunting career. 257 yards with a Daniel Defense DD5-V5 in 6.5 CM, shooting Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr ELD-X, topped with a Gen III Razor. I wanted her to use her 300 BLK, but he wouldn’t come close enough for a shot (shooting subs). I grunted at him a few times and he’d just look up the hill at us for a moment then go right back to his breakfast. So we had to go to plan “B”. She dropped him in his tracks!
5D32BDD1-B191-4A99-AAE4-A1234157BF5C.jpeg
F4D47FD5-B04B-4A95-B062-53958AD32D0A.jpeg

Last edited:
After a lifetime of hunting animals with modern firearms, I have found the 4,000 year old hunting style of falconry to be the most rewarding.
Brunhilda and I just returned from a successful week of hunting. If we were living thousands of years ago, we definitely would be able to survive by hunting together.
A0FCFC2C-C88A-4358-9BAB-ECA1E626A1C5.jpeg

After a lifetime of hunting animals with modern firearms, I have found the 4,000 year old hunting style of falconry to be the most rewarding.
Brunhilda and I just returned from a successful week of hunting. If we were living thousands of years ago, we definitely would be able to survive by hunting together.
View attachment 7502892
Stick bow archers - “We’re so primitive.”
@Nostradumbass and Brunhilda - ***Laughs in Falcon***

Public land Kansas. I shot an absolute giant compared to this guy the other day, ended up being a high shoulder and he’s most likely still alive as I tracked him for 800yds and the blood stopped (5 hrs after the shot). I knew this buck would move in on the hot doe the dominant buck was chasing when I arrowed him in the paddle bone. He read the script and I dropped him.

Public land can be the best and worst hunting. I have found that the secondary rut is my favorite as all the people who have no idea what they are doing stay home, the rut is a complete shit show on public land.

F409D02D-F0AD-40CD-90BD-CC2E778062A7.jpeg
208B01C9-774B-4FE3-9937-E593D46DC2E4.png

60ish yard shot with a 55gr dog town HP bulllet out of a .223. Hit in the neck, dropped instantly. No exit - you can see the lump on the right side of his neck where it came close.

Attachments

• 526B8B6C-2BA3-451E-B94C-1E2398840556.jpeg
    526B8B6C-2BA3-451E-B94C-1E2398840556.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 43