• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2020 retro tprc by AZ LRPRS

LH_Gina

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2009
Goodyear, AZ
The retro tactical precision rifle challenge (retro-tprc) hosted by Arizona Long Range Precision Rifle Shooters (AZLRPRS) will be a throwback to previous matches. Still fast paced with multiple positions, this rifle match will bring back some of the props and stages shooters have come to expect of the crew at AZ LRPRS. There will be mixed use of natural terrain and man-made props for shooting positions, target distances out to approximately 1200 yards, ridiculous target sizes, and fun stages.

The retro-tprc will be a trophy match with a cash payback to the top five and top placements (Mil/LE, Lady, Junior, Senior, Tactical, Production). Do not come to this competition expecting a prize table. We’ll feed you well, give you a bad ass shirt, a funny challenge coin, and some serious belly laughs. We might even manage to get you drunk, but we aren’t actively organizing a prize table this time out.

The closest airport to the facility is Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix which is about an hour from the range depending on traffic. Loads of hotels and restaurants are close to the facility.

Early check-in will take place on Friday, January 17th from 12pm-4pm. Competitors will have access to the 100 yard paper range to confirm zero.

All match scoring will be done through Practiscore and competitors will acknowledge their scores prior to leaving a stage. Eye protection is mandatory at Cowtown. We will probably have some clear glasses available if needed for those who forget. Empty chamber indicators (ECI) will also be mandatory per PRS regulations while moving about the range.

Friday, Jan 17th:
1200-1600: Match check in, zero range open

Saturday, Jan 18th:
0700-0730: Late check in

0730: Safety Brief
0800-1400: Range is hot for day 1 stages

Sunday, Jan 19th:
0730: Be at stages for day two
0800-1300: Range is hot for day 2 stages
1400: Lunch and awards at TBD restaurant near the range

Cost - $200
Round Count - 200 rifle rounds

Retro_tprc_logo_color.jpg

I can't wait for this match! Regina and Matt know how to put a fun match on for sure!
No prize table - that's awesome, and I bet it fills within the next day!
Thanks Regina!!

The match is currently sold out. The wait list is open now. Might have a few spots open up soon because there appear to be a lot of people who aren't familiar with how many days are in a 2 week period.

The match is currently sold out. The wait list is open now. Might have a few spots open up soon because there appear to be a lot of people who aren't familiar with how many days are in a 2 week period.

For those who dont know, could you elaborate on what 'retro' and 'ridiculous target size' means? Not sure if the latter suggests meatball match or tiny-ass triangles.. ha.
Thanks!

For those who dont know, could you elaborate on what 'retro' and 'ridiculous target size' means? Not sure if the latter suggests meatball match or tiny-ass triangles.. ha.
Thanks!

"retro" means a throw back. As in stages inspired by ones we've previously ran at TPRC's from 2009-2018 (videos are available on youtube). We haven't decided on what exactly we mean by ridiculous, but they won't be ridiculously small or ridiculously large which should make them just right. According to most of the social media chatter I've seen lately, making them appropriate would actually make them, well, ridiculous.

I have a seat already and unfortunately due to other financial commitments I have to withdrawal. If anyone is interested in a seat at lemme know.