• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing 2020 varmints

Are Javelinas considered varmints, at least here in South Texas? If so, I may have some thing to contribute to this thread tomorrow...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Negative. They are given game status in Texas and a hunter can legally take two per license year.

230 yards, 144 LR Hybrid Berger factory ammo. AX, factory 6.5 creed tube.
20200905_172852.jpg
20200905_172909.jpg
20200905_172943.jpg

95A5514A-5E8C-4865-847A-E8ED1B71E68C.jpeg
This is my varmint hunting setup.
5E0441F2-A705-4983-BF5D-00A128B860CE.jpeg
Three of us, each have a 223AI w/53g Vmax running 3500fps and a 6XC with 70g Varmageddon doing 3600. Absolutely deadly to 400 with 223, and definitely not safe out to about 600.
I never walk out and look at the dead ones, so I don’t have any stacked corpses photos.
I do have a few videos I took with a phone scope and my 60x spotting scope, but I can’t figure out how to post them.

That is a serious setup, I love it. My dad and I have been using a plywood "tonneau" cover for several years now. We are both tall enough to stand at the box of the pickup and have it be the right height for shooting with a 6-9 harris. We drive through p-dog towns and keep shots between 0-300 yards mostly though.

Did you build that to break down into the back of the pick up box when not using?

The top comes down and serves as a hard top/cover during transport, so cased rifles, bags, etc can travel without getting wet or dusty... but the whole thing is a unit that gets set in the truck when we go and pulled out when we return.

Reactions: deersniper
awesome! our setup would basically be like what you pack yours down into. Having shade like that would be sweet though.

I’m debating making a trailer version... this one only fits dodge trucks of the same model year range as mine... and my dad wants to take it, my brother in law wants to borrow it, and my uncle... which means currently they also have to borrow my truck! 🤨

What are you hunting? - we normally hunt p-dogs but your terrain looks a bit different and I didn't see any p-dog mounds in the pics.

Awesome pics, yeah that is one of the more satisfying things p-dog hunting (lets be honest, hunting is a generous term here). We use a 17 hmr mostly. This year we brought the 223 out on a windy day and I forgot how much fun it was it had been so long.

The 17 can flip some of the little ones pretty good, hard to do that with a full grown dog. the 223 is just vicious. I think next year i may get some 95g vmax rounds for the 6.5. The 140 BTHP didn't expand enough to really launch them.

Got this big sow Sunday evening. Wife says hey look at the cat over there. Just wait it will pop it’s head up. Yep, up popped the head and I say yeah it’s a.......fuckin woodchuck! Sneak to the truck and pull out an AR and send a round into the chamber and it never bothered to be alarmed. pulled up and popped it with a 62gr TSX deer load. I wanted all the penetration I could get and boy did I get it. Passed right through🤪.
7CE13F6B-514D-4BD9-A515-C37BE58C4EED.jpeg

8AF8E4DA-AA05-49C3-A9F7-9D60EA69B1FB.jpeg

Second was about 1.5 hours later at dusk. My dad came down and toLS me there was one behind the pole shed at the edge of the field so I snuck in close and leaned on the hay wagon and killed this smaller sow.
4B961141-42E3-4326-99DE-A1172849A20C.jpeg

Reactions: deersniper and BCX