• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2021-2022 price increases

kortik

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2010
Michigan
www.borkatools.com
Preliminary information from some of our vendors suggests that they will be raising their prices for various parts, mostly made from metals.
Obviously, prices for our products will likely also go up 10-20% when/if it happens. Anybody else has the same thoughts?

Last edited:
Gas here has already gone up 11%, Hydro is slated to rise by 23%, and food costs are projected to rise here as much as 50%.

So yeah, I get how everything is going up, and there's a trickle-down effect for it all.

Our Punk Martinet is doing this, because he/she/it figures that if we 'raise' the Carbon Tax so that people can't go anywhere, do anything... then the world will be a cleaner place. Yeah, that's right. Canada paying more for everything will solve the worlds problems.

Looks to me like I/we are going to be burning more tires, simply for heat. Can't afford anything else.

Preliminary information from some of our vendors suggests that they will be raising their prices for various parts, mostly made from metals.
Obviously, prices for our products will likely also go up 10-20% when/if it happens. Anybody else has the same thoughts?
Most metals are thru the roof right now.

Give it six months and those prices will start settling back down to normal levels.

Gas here has already gone up 11%, Hydro is slated to rise by 23%, and food costs are projected to rise here as much as 50%.

So yeah, I get how everything is going up, and there's a trickle-down effect for it all.

Our Punk Martinet is doing this, because he/she/it figures that if we 'raise' the Carbon Tax so that people can't go anywhere, do anything... then the world will be a cleaner place. Yeah, that's right. Canada paying more for everything will solve the worlds problems.

Looks to me like I/we are going to be burning more tires, simply for heat. Can't afford anything else.
Meanwhile as soon as every tanker/freighter/big ship in the world gets into international waters they start burning straight crude oil.

but a carbon tax in Canada will definitely start to sort things out 🙄

Half of price increases (not saying all) are due to everyone having been told every year that there are going to be price increases, thus increasing the price each year just because.

It's weird how when the economy thrives, the same price increases happen as if it was economic Armageddon. Most of it is just total bullshit.

People have been paying for the baggage fees on airlines.....I'm not expecting it to stop for any reason. Why would I expect prices to drop cause COVID is over?? Lumber costs are now going to add 10-20% to home prices.....Thanks China!

The problem is that it actually isn't trickleing down. Take BEEF for example. All profit margin is stopping with the packer. The corruption is finding every way to steal everything. I am feeling that we have no hope.

Apparently you have never had one prepared properly. Good brisket is hard to find, but when you find it, it’s a religious experience.
I was born and raised in Texas. I’ve had all the briskets. Franklin’s is good, but I’d hardly call it religious. And, it- for fuck’s sake- isn’t worth standing in line for 1/2 of a day to get. The Salt Lick is for frat boys, sorority chick, and tourists. I‘ve eaten at Blacks in Lockhart, and Coopers in Llano. I’ve had award winning competition cuts and the judges are looking for shit that makes the meal worse, just for some retarded sense of artistic flare. “Toothsome?” Fuck off with your “toothsome.” The shit it tough. Brisket is a crap cut of meat and paying ribeye prices for one is retarded. Millinials have elevated brisket to some cult status that it doesn’t deserve. If it is all you have, you can cook one down until it is edible, and seasoned and smoked properly, they can be pretty tasty. But, religious? Hahahahahaha! No, I stand by my “brisket is WAY overrated“ and I’ll add way WAY over priced.

No reason it should cost more than ground hamburger, that's all it's good for.
I’ve got a buddy that does a pretty good brisket. Good enough that his little side business brisket truck has gone from “Saturdays until sold out” to a permanent store front next door to an ”Established” barbeque place and is still selling out every day before lunch. Good enough that he and his wife are going full time and quitting their day jobs. The brisket is pretty good, I’m not going to lie, but it’s over priced by the plate and only slightly less so by the whole brisket. The best thing we have found for it is adding some smoke to a pot of beans.

I have always contended that if you must add sauce to make it better, you don’t like the meat, you like the sauce...

Reactions: nikonNUT
San Marcos BBQ. Best kept secret in BBQ in that area of Texas. Fair prices too, ask for the fatty portion of the brisket (the Point). You don't need sauce with that. I cut the fat off of everything except for that.

The problem is that it actually isn't trickleing down. Take BEEF for example. All profit margin is stopping with the packer. The corruption is finding every way to steal everything. I am feeling that we have no hope.
I don’t know. When I was a kid my family raised some cattle, on the side. Prices were such that the “business” was more of a tax right off than anything. Today, the property is still the same size, and the number of cattle haven’t changed, but the business is actually making money. The infrastructure is the same as when I was a kid- I helped in raising all of the barns. The drought/rain pattern hasn’t changed in South Texas. But, prices paid at the sale barn have increased substantially. Cattle that would bring $0.30 per lb 30 years ago are now bringing over $1 per lb. Increased demand coupled with less arable land...

Fucking gouger.:mad:

Just kidding. 😂
I was born and raised in Texas. I’ve had all the briskets. Franklin’s is good, but I’d hardly call it religious. And, it- for fuck’s sake- isn’t worth standing in line for 1/2 of a day to get. The Salt Lick is for frat boys, sorority chick, and tourists. I‘ve eaten at Blacks in Lockhart, and Coopers in Llano. I’ve had award winning competition cuts and the judges are looking for shit that makes the meal worse, just for some retarded sense of artistic flare. “Toothsome?” Fuck off with your “toothsome.” The shit it tough. Brisket is a crap cut of meat and paying ribeye prices for one is retarded. Millinials have elevated brisket to some cult status that it doesn’t deserve. If it is all you have, you can cook one down until it is edible, and seasoned and smoked properly, they can be pretty tasty. But, religious? Hahahahahaha! No, I stand by my “brisket is WAY overrated“ and I’ll add way WAY over priced.
I owned a place in Llano for 10 years. IMHO Cooper's is crap. They just burn it. My buddy's family, the Inman's, on the other hand, know how to do briskett.

Do yall realize how much money they created this year with all that "stimulus"? You have more currency in circulation, the buying power goes down, prices go up. Cause and effect.
I have the same understanding of the situation.This time, price increases appear to be directly related to serious oversupply of the money printed by the U.S. So, prices for our products, unfortunately, must be raised, no way to avoid it after being able to keep it in check for the last several years.

Boris
Borka Tools

Attachments

• 07C5432F-7A50-4A19-8E08-9B0681E22673.jpeg
    07C5432F-7A50-4A19-8E08-9B0681E22673.jpeg
    610.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 3EEFD4E6-9103-45D2-BA63-E2A062B40605.jpeg
    3EEFD4E6-9103-45D2-BA63-E2A062B40605.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 16
  • FC759E3C-9E62-4DDB-A0C9-6B8A7BC4D70C.jpeg
    FC759E3C-9E62-4DDB-A0C9-6B8A7BC4D70C.jpeg
    560.4 KB · Views: 17
If brisket is over rated.... you’re doing it wrong... LOL
No, good brisket is good. It’s not worth standing in line for 4+ hours to get. What part of this is hard to understand? There are barbeque joints that have lines form before the place opens, where people employed (before it was stopped by the restaurant as unfair) professional “line standers” to hold their place so that they can go to work- or whatever. You see it above- millennials have made this crap cut of meat into a “religious experience.” Jeebus, you’d probably die if someone have you a good cut of meat. Beef diaphragm, by the lb, is 2x more expensive. “Come on, man.” I have to assume you just don’t know what a good cut of meat is.

I've never waited in line for Brisket. Franklin's is probably due to tourists hype and entertainment more than anything else. I think this is called a straw man argument.

Prime brisket packers are like $3.50 lb at the grocery store here in Dallas. I know restaurants are paying at least $1 a lb less. So ~$2.50lb... you get ~50% sellable weight so lets say $5lb is your cost... And places are selling that shit for upwards of $30 lb... I like brisket as much as the next guy, but im not paying that kind of fucking markup... You want to make some money, I get it, but shit, I agree its getting out of hand.

I own a retail liquor/tobacco store. When i got in 11 years ago, cigs would go up twice a year about 50cents per carton, chew about 2cents per can, 4 years ago, they started going up 4 times a year, cigs 80cents pre carton, chew 5cents per can, 2 years ago, cigs $1.30 per carton, chew 10centsper can. Greed is all that's causing it. Tobacco prices have hardly changed. If i'm a betting man, wages to the workers hasn't increased. Only thing is greed by the 1% and they know they can get away with it. Beer? don't even get me started there. Used to increase twice per year. Sales reps got tired of getting there ass's chewed so now they raise it once per year, but double the amount, so it's the same as always. NOTHING in that can cost anymore than it did 5 years ago, in fact most of the product is cheaper. Aluminum is not worth your time to haul into the scraper. Some may not know it, but Anheuser Busch is the largest recycler of aluminum in the country. When there was a shortage earlier this year, they tried to use the excuse "aluminum shortage". I told them bullshit, if there was, aluminum prices would be sky rocketing. Wasn't happening. Coors hasn't had decent stock for the last 9 months and they have no excuse as they bought miller several years ago and they acquired 9 more breweries, they can't/won't give a valid explanation. BTW, beer prices will be going up in the next 60 days. They haven't told us that yet, but they don't have to. We know. Funny thing is most customers don't even complain anymore, they just shrug and say oh well, not quiting smoking or drinking., which is good for me, but total bullshit what''s going on in this country. There's no reason for the price increase but the fact they've always done it and know they can get away with it. Time for the reset

Apparently you have never had one prepared properly. Good brisket is hard to find, but when you find it, it’s a religious experience.

Eight to ten hours of rubbing and cooking with smoke can make it edible. I'll stick to ribeye, prime rib, tender loin, and Striploins. We have a local wholesale butcher that sells whole Herford Striploins for $6.98 /lb. No way I'm wasting time on a brisket.

My employer does competitive wage analysis, by sending out a questionnaire to other shops, we usually get something that is not a slap in the face, but then the prices in the vending machines go up too, as well as health insurance. I think its a microcosm of the rest of our economy.

Tobacco prices have hardly changed. If i'm a betting man, wages to the workers hasn't increased. Only thing is greed by the 1% and they know they can get away with it.
Tobacco per pound has gone DOWN. Since they are running all US growers out and a large part of your tobacco comes from South America and Asia where foreign immigrant workers don't get guaranteed H2A wage.....inspected housing with HVAC and gov bullshit. My grandfather raised 11 children well on 80 acres of tobacco. Today if you have an allotment and don't grow hundreds of acres you go bankrupt. Price per pound today is little changed from the 70's....do that math with inflation.

We're running out of kit components, purchased before 2020. The same components were recently quoted 15%
to 25-30% higher for delivery in 2021. It is likely that our prices will be raised by estimated 12% around April-May of 2021.

Last edited: