2022 Black Friday Sale Thread

OREGUN

Alpine Orangutan
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Apr 29, 2014
    Out West
    Honestly, this pisses me off less than companies that let you check out and pay and receive a confirmation email only to later send a ”nevermind, we don’t have it” email. Thats some bullshit.

DeathBeforeDismount

Pretty much Infantry
    Supporter
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Nov 20, 2021
    Balmer, Murderland
    Fuck MDT. This is the message I had in my cart:

View attachment 8006614

“Someone has placed an order for one of the items that you have in your cart. We’ll keep it for you for 39:51 minutes.”

So, I didn’t worry about it because the message clearly states I have time.

I know there is another message above it that says: “The inventory level for the following product is below what you ordered, so we could not proceed with the checkout: CKYE-POD Gen2 Triple Pull - Factory Second.” It did not say this the first time the other message came up. The site crashed, I had to reload 5 times, and then it said the second message. The message itself makes no sense. If the inventory is below what I ordered, then it should be back ordered. Not my fault.

And everyone saying something along the lines of people complaining about this are babies or dicks for complaining about a sale…no we’re not. A company maximizes traffic and interest and allows you to add the item to your cart, even telling you that you have time to checkout and still have the item in your cart. Then they fuck up the site and tell us we didn’t get there fast enough.

Needless to say, some people have more invested in this than others, but the bottom line is if a company says something, they should follow through with it, not blame tech. I didn’t even know this happens every year, which makes it even more frustrating to me.

I called MDT about it and no one is answering the phones today. Understandable given the holiday. I then emailed their CS support and they told me the following:

View attachment 8006624

That was customer service’s suggestion. This is why I say, fuck MDT.
    What a fucking joke. Yea make multiple orders so you get charged shipping on every item and probally don't hit free shipping threshold.

If you can add it to cart it should be yours. Every other e commerce platform this is the case from ticketmaster to hodgden.

Reactions: aroddc3 and OREGUN

sam4886

Stunt Cock
    Minuteman
    May 15, 2019
    Eastern WA
    What a fucking joke. Yea make multiple orders so you get charged shipping on every item and probally don't hit free shipping threshold.

If you can add it to cart it should be yours. Every other e commerce platform this is the case from ticketmaster to hodgden.
    That's not true at all. There are tons of places that will sell things out of your cart. I'd think damn near all ecommerce is that way. No one is going to let you just sit shit in your cart for however long you feel like wothout selling it. This is just magnified because shit sells out quick.

DeathBeforeDismount

Pretty much Infantry
    Supporter
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Nov 20, 2021
    Balmer, Murderland
    That's not true at all. There are tons of places that will sell things out of your cart. I'd think damn near all ecommerce is that way. No one is going to let you just sit shit in your cart for however long you feel like wothout selling it. This is just magnified because shit sells out quick.
    You are full of shit too....go order fucking tickets on ticketmaster...they get added to cart and you have x minutes to check out or you lose the item. There are tons of sites that use this. It's not in your cart forever dumbass.

sam4886

Stunt Cock
    Minuteman
    May 15, 2019
    Eastern WA
    You are full of shit too....go order fucking tickets on ticketmaster...they get added to cart and you have x minutes to check out or you lose the item. There are tons of sites that use this. It's not in your cart forever dumbass.

Sounds like you should take a stand and not give MDT any more of your hard earned money. That'll show em.

TheOE800

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    USA
    Anyone seen any sales from OTM?
    730D63F5-FC4C-4381-BAB1-9CE8CB4BF4AD.jpeg

MOUNTIC

Mountic Outdoors: Big Game Hunter
    Supporter
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Apr 29, 2017
    Colorado
    MounticOutdoors.com
    Sale Limited to just two total optics. Applies to in stock only. First come first serve. Enjoy.

Just one left on today's sale for you fellas!

Kobiejohn

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 2, 2013
    Might be a long shot but does anybody have a coupon code for sportsman warehouse?
    If it’s something not on a crazy existing deal that you will loose out in a day or two log into your account put it into cart and don’t submit the order. They will send a coupon in a couple days.

aroddc3

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Sep 9, 2019
    God customers are the fucking worst
    Yeah, we really suck, buying products, becoming fans and sending more customers their way via word of mouth.

I’m not saying both sellers and buyers don’t have plenty of reason to complain and aren’t responsible for causing issues in their own right, just don’t claim you’ll do one thing and do another.

Oh well, fuck me, right? 😂

Draftpick

Private
    Minuteman
    Jul 20, 2020
    All I wanted was a PRS ckye pod for less than $400. Don’t care if it’s blemmed or a “second”. Stuck in ”add to cart” until they were gone. Such high hopes. Such let down. @MDT_OFFICIAL is either an evil genius or just a hapless genius. Alternatively makes or ruins my Thanksgiving every year.
    Or the fact that the site crashes and you have no idea when it's back up and products are gone!
    2:59 PST had one in my cart and go to check out and crash, get back on and can't get to cart, then crash over and over and finally get in to cart and check out and none in stock. Total screw job. Oh well.
    same had some items in my cart and the site crashed, back up and everything but 1 item was gone! The MDT IT guy should be fired the site crashes every year and that is on them!

wizardpc

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
  • Jul 12, 2019
    Super happy that my bank decided that:
    1 - Me making purchases at 5am is out of character, even if I pass the extra card verification steps where they text me a code
    2 - Since it's out of character, we should just start declining them
    3 - Whoa that's a lot of declines, Let's cancel the card entirely
    4 - The automated fraud hotline shouldn't work if we cancel the card, so I can't approve the purchases without talking to a human being
    5 - Customer Service shouldn't open until 8am on Black Friday

This wasn't even gun stuff. I had to buy a new computer and NewEgg sent an individual transaction for each part.

whatsupdoc

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
  • Dec 12, 2017
    I want my...
    I want my MDT
    I want my...
    I want my MDT
    I want my...
    I want my MDT
    I want my...
    I want my MDT