• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2022 Elk hunting - private land/trespass help please

davsco

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2014
NoVa
So for the first time, i did the DIY thing in NW Colo 1st rifle in 2018 & 19 and got skunked. In 2020 I lucked into a semi-guided private land hunt for "only" $2500 and was fortunate to get both a bull and a cow. This was in a leftover draw GMU so no points needed but i do have 3-4 points in Colo but none elsewhere. Last year and now for 2022, that guy has scaled back hunting so i'm left looking again. If anyone could recommend something similar (in Colo or elsewhere), I would greatly appreciate that!

no offence but you, me and most other guys.

go diy again

. coming up empty handed is a good learning experience. you'll learn a hell of a lot more about yourself if you go home empty then of ya walk around private land and shoot a paddock bull.

^^^^^ This.

I know guys personally who never read, study, or plan a hunt based on maps or knowledge.
They couldnt find critters if they tried.

Go out one day and find em and they cant believe it.

Just returned from a hunt.
Busted butt before it with maps and identified a lot of places to “sit” for WT deer.
I followed them. Tagged out on day 1 (meat hunt).
My buddy did not follow them at all.
He didnt see a deer till the next day when I took him to one of the “spots” I had picked.
I had given him a list and way points, he just didnt follow.

Im no hunting genius. Just a hard worker who loves hunting and seeing animals.

Find out the numbers for % draw, points needed, % harvest and all that.
Start reading now.
Plan well before the draw with 4 units to draw in.

Be in peak shape.

Or go hunt WY. Its badass around Dubois I hear.
Be prepared for bears.

dubois? never been ;) took the girls up to do some riding day before christmas.

no way shape or form are you getting a tag as a non resident anywhere around here with no points

C0FF6968-7113-470A-8E96-12545776BFB1.jpeg

Given the insane level of nonresident hunting pressure in Idaho now, I refuse to share any hunting info on the internet.
Sorry to say it but there's already too many guys in the woods, do your own research

Reactions: Two36
not trying to steal anyone's public land honeyhole secret spot. as the title says, looking for a private land (not high fence) hunt that might give a relative newbie a little better success odds albeit at more expense, but not full-on guide/resort expense. i am open to wherever but do prefer colo as i've been out there a number of times.

Go hunt usually has some landowner tag hunts listed. You pay the landowner for the tag and get to hunt the ranch.

i will check that out, thanks. craigslist also. i will ask for references but always skeptical that they might be fake. that's why i'm posting here hopeful someone has done this and wouldn't mind sharing though i can see folks wanting to hold onto a good thing.

Check out and buy the onX map packs for the state you would like to hunt. The onX app will provide you with private land owners and public land areas.

I can't guarantee easy access to any certain types of land where you will want to hunt but I can guarantee you will find all the info you will need to have a gooder than nothing DIY hunt.

Since your not after meat but sport start hunting illegals instead.
Don’t need no stinking points or non resident bag limit.
If you can’t find a illegal in the season of potato you might as well just turn in your bolt action rifle now.