• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Elk Ranch Hunt for the Wife Recommendations.

man32ahan

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Fairfield, Illinois
Looking for private land or ranch hunt recommendations for the wife in the near future with a rifle most likely.

She does not want to do a DIY Hunt and would prefer lodge style hunting.

If it is high fence the more acres it entails the better. We’re used to hunting 40 acre tracts in the Midwest so 5k or 10k acre high fence would be fine.

Some places I’ve found and considered are Bull Basin Ranch, Tejon Ranch, and Cotton Mesa.

I want this to be a challenge , but to not come home empty handed for her. She doesn’t need to shoot a monster. Anything over 270 and she would be happy.

Has anybody hunted a private ranch or have any recommendations?

I know this style of hunting will cost more upfront, but she has no points to draw anywhere and just wants to shoot a bull elk.

Thanks in advance.

A friend went on a few "guided" high fence hunts. The hunt was all inclusive at a lodge in New Mexico. The hunting consisted of the guide dropping you off in a blind and waiting for you call when you shot something. He said they had a boom in the truck to use to load the elk. 100% success rate.

The trophy fee varied on what size size bull you shot.

I hunted hereok to the wife she wanted a few days out of the house.

nice main house, food was good. Private bedroom etc

Beautiful land, lots of hills and hiding spots. It’s still high fence but you do have to look for them.

Second day guide drives around the area stopped at some beautiful waterfalls etc.

Great trip overall

Reactions: Jperk0278