• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 Hunting kill thread

Last day doe yesterday. RAR 7.62X39 123GR HP Wolf.

20221210_170919.jpg

Shot distance and location? I’m a nerd like that.
Shot him in the neck at 30yds.
Looks like some Florida poaching to me 😂😂😂
It was just before dark. LOL. My general purpose retro carbine was just what I had on me but it does look like a night poaching rig. :cool:
He's in the harvest report for any curious game wardens. I've got nothing to hide.

My dad has a hoist gambrel that fits into the receiver hitch on his ranger. Allows him to pick up the deer and drop it in the bed- and getting into and out of the ranger is easier than getting on the tractor. And, he mounted a winch to a rafter in his shop. Plenty of light and no lifting or dragging. Just pull into the shop and lift the deer out of the bed with the winch. Then pull an empty molasses bucket under the deer before starting.

I’m young and dumb enough to drag them to the road. We do, however, have a set of floods at the “deer cabin” for processing.
I just got one of those precisely for that reason and also for skinning and quartering.

I just got one of those precisely for that reason and also for skinning and quartering.
Me too. We like to process our own deer. Know what we get, package it the way we like. Its a job for us 70+ Y/O’s but still a source of pride.

1673654586814.jpeg

Me too. We like to process our own deer. Know what we get, package it the way we like. Its a job for us 70+ Y/O’s but still a source of pride.

View attachment 8046601
I am not that far behind you. Last September, my old high school friend who still lives not to far away and I went to our 40 year high school reunion. Man, there was a lot of old people there.

I like processing my own harvest, as well. And when I fish, if it's only a few catfish, I will clean them right by the bank, throw them in fish cooler and there you. When we use to catch a mess of Crappie or Perch, then we just keep them in a live bucket and then go home and start cleaning.

One time, my uncle-in-law caught some Red and some Blue Snapper and gave it to my mother-in-law. She wanted us to have some. I asked her to toss it to me and she did and asked why.

Now, I can say that I caught it."

Anyway, so, I have not harvested this season but I still have a month or so left of feral hog with a rifle on the public land that I hunt.

Got this doe today, which makes 2/3 tags filled for the season. Third tag is an archery tag and season is over so that’s all she wrote for me.

75 yards pass through with 6.5 140 ELD M factory ammo. Went 30 yards with incredibly large blood trail.

View attachment 8040940

What unit are you in?

2 tags to go in Pine Ridge unit this weekend.
Deer were staying tight this AM with high winds.

Saw a group of 5 for about 4 minutes at 870 yds.
Something spooked em and they didnt run towards me

So I started this thread to keep track of all the hogs I was going to get....
Well it was pretty easy, just that one... I shot another but didn't find it. My buddy ran one over with his pickup after leaving my house. So he got as many as I did.
It was very dry this year. Had almost flooding rain around November and it was so muddy we couldn't get out. Then dry again. Also my buddy got hit in the shin by a stingray so I didn't go out nearly as much for a few months.