• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 SHOT Show: Day 3 (Thursday, Jan 20, 2022)

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
2022 SHOT Show: Day 3 (Thursday, Jan 20, 2022) - finished all areas today (sooo many "no shows"). My 2022 SHOT Show reporting is complete with this post.

1. NNs/nothing new exhibitors (recall that if a company recently announced, prior to the start of SHOT, those announcements are NOT included here) – Barnes, Caracal, Dillon Precision, Double Tap, Bergera, Caldwell, Dead Air (but "stay tuned"), DRD Tactical, Eberlestock, Explorer Cases (Italy), FN, Geisselle, H-S Precision, IWI (the Dan rifle is still not being imported), Longshot Target Cameras, Lothar Walther Precision, Magpul, Magtech, MEC Shooting Sports, Meopta, MTM, Newcon Optik, NobelSport/Vectan, Riton Optics, Seekins Precision, Sightron, Rock River, Swift Bullets, Tion, Wolf Ammo, and Zastava.

2. Accuracy Solutions - was showing their Gen II version of the "ELR EXT" bipod extender, built to support a 50#, .50 BMG rifle; extends up to 42" using 3 very large CF tubes and 3 rail clamps; MSRP: $1149, available now (not yet on their website). Pics to follow.

3. Allterra - the "Mountain Shadow Steel" is now available in 33 Nosler (https://allterraarms.com/rifles/the-mountain-shadow-steel/#specifications-mountain-shadow)

4. Crimson Trace - has discontinued their 34mm tube, midrange scopes

5. EAW (Germany) - was showing their new 3D-printed scope rings, "lighter, stronger; 34 and 36mm"; info and specs at https://www.eaw.de/en/3d/

6. Gemtech - notwithstanding that the "Arrow" .338 LM-capable suppressor is still on their website, I was advised the it has been dropped from their line.

7. Helix 6 Precision - advised they are now offering carbon fiber/CF-wrapped barrels for ELR (.375 cal up to 34", .416 cal up to 42", and special-order barrels up to .50 cal in "any" customer-specified bore and twist, max length TBD); nothing yet on their website.

8. McRee's Precision (in Accuracy Solutions booth) - was showing the Gen II version of their chassis with integrated F.A.S.T. bipod-extender system; size and weight have been reduced and tube strength has been increased for heavier builds; essentially three levels (338 LM, CT, and .50 BMG-sized, all action-specific), available now. [I was advised they were up on their website, so I did not photograph - they are not. When added, they are quickly identifable by the many relief cuts in the center and upper portion of the forearm.]

9. Norma/RUAG (update) - was advised that shipments of commercially-available .375 Swiss P ammo are due by Spring.

10. Oehler Research - was advised that their "System 89 BC Chrono™" is finally shipping.

11. On the Mark/OTM - was showing their reloading systems, their 3000LM supports up to and including 338 LM and their 4000 T&T thru 4250 T&T support from 338 LM thru 20mm Vulcan; see https://onthemarkindustries.com/

I kept looking for the big guys in precision rifle (e.g. S&B) and I couldn't find anything. Then I looked it up and many staples of the firearms industry in general didn't even go. Kind of a bummer but I get it. Does SHOT recover? Or, are we seeing the end of it?

I kept looking for the big guys in precision rifle (e.g. S&B) and I couldn't find anything. Then I looked it up and many staples of the firearms industry in general didn't even go. Kind of a bummer but I get it. Does SHOT recover? Or, are we seeing the end of it?
S&B - Day 1, item #12.

NSSF's deal - Day 1, right above #1. Those folks are already half way paid up for '23.