• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 Vortex Sniper Challenge?

D1gger

GDI
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 12, 2017
    Staunton, VA
    I feel like by this point last year we at least had some info on the Vortex Sniper Challenge that was held in NC. So far, I haven't heard anything about the 2022 version. Anyone got any info on this?

Reactions: ChidJ
    I've been watching for it but haven't seen any news. This is one on my 2022 bucket list

Didn’t hear about it in NC. Would be interested.

Does anybody have links to existing articles of prepping for the previous ones on here. I can’t find a single one just mammoth challenge

I shot this match last year, finding the targets on the clock was the hardest part. I f anyone around Western NC needs a partner I would like to do it again. trooper or LRRP.

Reactions: RichMangus
    Registration is open! Just got my teammate and I a spot.

Are there any way you can make up your Dope card each day for the stages or do you do it on the fly when you’re shooting each stage? Sounds like it would be tough but fun!!

Reactions: adb77
    You can bring whatever you want. However the easiest is to make a couple hard cards for a few different density altitudes. For example, last year I had a 0 and a 2k DA and used what was needed based on the environmentals. In reality, my gun didn't see any real difference until about 850 yards.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
    You can bring whatever you want. However the easiest is to make a couple hard cards for a few different density altitudes. For example, last year I had a 0 and a 2k DA and used what was needed based on the environmentals. In reality, my gun didn't see any real difference until about 850 yards.
    Thanks I’ll definitely keep that in mind!

After reading what I can find online, I’m trying to decide what rifle to carry for the 223/556 or 308. Does anyone here have experience with this style match and know whether a 556 ar-15 or 308 bolt gun would be preferable for the secondary rifle shooter? Also longest distance this shooter will engage targets at?

Either would be fine. I'm a fan of the AR personally. Secondary max range is in the 6-700yd range, and that's probably long. I like the 556 for weight alone. 60rds of 556 is a lot lighter than 60rds of 308

Reactions: adb77 and ChidJ
    A .223 bolt gun is the most competitive setup. That bring said, run what you shoot the best and give it a go. Then you can assess how you do and go from there.

I shot this match last year, finding the targets on the clock was the hardest part. I f anyone around Western NC needs a partner I would like to do it again. trooper or LRRP.
    You still looking for a partner?

Attachments

• FFF42814-201C-40CF-B75B-9F35D3DE928A.jpeg
      FFF42814-201C-40CF-B75B-9F35D3DE928A.jpeg
      449.6 KB · Views: 65
    Reactions: endlesscoffee
    Awesome! I haven't been able to find that at all. Thanks. Maybe searching on mobile isn't pulling that up on rok solid.

Reactions: lush_dawg