• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2023 Black Friday & Veterans Day Sale Thread

Cole-Tac Outdoor Gear

1701004231161.png

I get that these are considered the "cheap" option, and some may have a hard budget which I can understand. However if you can go one step in price up, even being budget minded I strongly recommend considering right now Nanuk is still having their sale, and for only $100 more dollars because it is also free shipping and no tax:

You get a top of the line quality case (imo better than pelican), lifetime warranty, their customer service is great, and the case is slightly larger. Also there are plenty of third party options to change the foam to closed cell (polyethylene) foam if you want.

If you get it with the TSA locks and foam it will put you at $217. Or you could do foam and no TSA locks, then throw in either a shoulder strap, or a dessicant pack and it will be $215. The 985 and 990 are also great deals right now.
I will say that Nanuk shipping is slow as molasses. I ordered a case last Sunday (a week ago), and it still hasn’t shipped despite their saying in an email it would ship in 1-3 business days. It is shipping from Canada, so Thanksgiving was a business day.

Anyone run across TBAC CB brakes on sale?

I haven’t, but at the sale price of the Area 419 Hellfire system and $30 for their universal attachments, I decided to buy into that system. Way cheaper per gun if you’re fitting a lot of guns, plus now have a wider ability to fit various brands to any gun which in my case will be a dead air Sandman-L and a TBAC 338 Ultra BA, eventually.

I haven’t, but at the sale price of the Area 419 Hellfire system and $30 for their universal attachments, I decided to buy into that system. Way cheaper per gun if you’re fitting a lot of guns, plus now have a wider ability to fit various brands to any gun which in my case will be a dead air Sandman-L and a TBAC 338 Ultra BA, eventually.

Well dang. I have an CB Ultra 7 in Jail and I just assumed I needed to use their CB mounts!!

Reactions: Trent A
Area 419 is absolutely the way to go. I don’t jump cans around a lot but that system easily allows me to rotate through my 3 favorites, Dominus, CGS Helios QD Ti and magnus hub. Plus I can throw a hellfire match brake on if I want to be a heathen and shoot unsuppressed which I never do. I don’t usually hunt with my magnus but if I’m walking to one of my closer open stands I’ll use it.

Area 419 is absolutely the way to go. I don’t jump cans around a lot but that system easily allows me to rotate through my 3 favorites, Dominus, CGS Helios QD Ti and magnus hub. Plus I can throw a hellfire match brake on if I want to be a heathen and shoot unsuppressed which I never do. I don’t usually hunt with my magnus but if I’m walking to one of my closer open stands I’ll use it.
Well adapters, brakes, and CB adapter ordered… I only thought I was done spending money!!

Reactions: Trent A and Jnull
That HF Match can be had for ~$145 on Brownells, which, last time I looked, was cheaper than the A419 BF sale.

Last edited:
  • Wow
It's $1,083 before tax w/code. Not sub $1K. Cheaper on A419 website.
It's sub $1K for me before tax/shipping when including 3% cashback.

$1,187.49 (Price) -$178.12 (Promo) = $1009.37 - 3% Cashback ($30.28) = Buy it from A419, then.

Hm, you got an industry account? I don’t see that pricing on either item.
Did you enter the BF15 code in the field at checkout? The 15% is taken off the price you see on the product page.

For the Zero Press deal, A419 isn't letting us stack their promo code, so here's what I saw in the cart (twice the shipping of Brownells for me and less of a discount):

1701059745617.png

View attachment 8282296

Base price shows $195 for me (pre BF15 code, not including Activejunky 3% cash back). No clue how you got $169 to pop up.
My apologies, guys...thought everyone saw the same price, so I can see the confusion now with that screenshot showing $195 sticker price.

I’ve been trying to track down Accurate Mag 300WM 3 round 3.850 mags on sale. Anyone seen anything?

What chassis should I look at for my t1x?

Anyone have any experience with their throw levers from this place, “Rusty Nuts Designs”? I don’t know anything about them, but pretty impressed with the variety of different scopes they are offering them for, plus they are on sale for $15 each.

I don’t know if shipping goes up with more items, but just testing the waters, added two throw levers to the cart and plugged in my info to see shipping charges, which for those two levers came out to $6.50.

Anyone have any experience with their throw levers from this place, “Rusty Nuts Designs”? I don’t know anything about them, but pretty impressed with the variety of different scopes they are offering them for, plus they are on sale for $15 each.

I don’t know if shipping goes up with more items, but just testing the waters, added two throw levers to the cart and plugged in my info to see shipping charges, which for those two levers came out to $6.50.

That's me boss. I do $5 flat shipping for hide members, no matter the qty ordered. Sold a ton of them here. PM me if you want to order.

Edit to add: I'll custom make one for any scope for the $15 as well for hide members.

You just quoted the guy who runs the place. I haven't bought the throw levers, but he's a good guy.

Offers free STL files for you to print some your own stuff. Others would probably charge for that.

I bought a couple of his flat trigger shoes for my Tikkas. They were good quality

I get that these are considered the "cheap" option, and some may have a hard budget which I can understand. However if you can go one step in price up, even being budget minded I strongly recommend considering right now Nanuk is still having their sale, and for only $100 more dollars because it is also free shipping and no tax:

You get a top of the line quality case (imo better than pelican), lifetime warranty, their customer service is great, and the case is slightly larger. Also there are plenty of third party options to change the foam to closed cell (polyethylene) foam if you want.

If you get it with the TSA locks and foam it will put you at $217. Or you could do foam and no TSA locks, then throw in either a shoulder strap, or a dessicant pack and it will be $215. The 985 and 990 are also great deals right now.

Pelicans are not crushproof. I own three 1750s. They feel solid but have a limit. The hinges give at a stress far below where they should. All of mine now have some issues getting all the latches shut. I think the plastic degrades over time due to sun exposure and being in the garage. After years of weekly trips to the range in my truck - they all now chip a bit when banged or dropped. My oldest one ( 5 years old) shattered at the corners three weeks ago when run over empty while locked. I was kind of surprised. I would have expected it to be deformed and needing retirement, but not shattered with spalling inside the case and the latches broken. Tells me a dude with a crowbar is going to get in your case.

I shopped around and like the Nanuk.I liked the 995's hinges which hold the case open at a 90 degree angle. It's also much lighter than the Pelican. And the hinges look much stronger. The latches are much easier to operate with cold fingers.

Not sure what I will go with for travel.

Pelicans are not crushproof. I own three 1750s. They feel solid but have a limit. The hinges give at a stress far below where they should. All of mine now have some issues getting all the latches shut. I think the plastic degrades over time due to sun exposure and being in the garage. After years of weekly trips to the range in my truck - they all now chip a bit when banged or dropped. My oldest one ( 5 years old) shattered at the corners three weeks ago when run over empty while locked. I was kind of surprised. I would have expected it to be deformed and needing retirement, but not shattered with spalling inside the case and the latches broken. Tells me a dude with a crowbar is going to get in your case.

I shopped around and like the Nanuk.I liked the 995's hinges which hold the case open at a 90 degree angle. It's also much lighter than the Pelican. And the hinges look much stronger. The latches are much easier to operate with cold fingers.

That's an interesting anecdote. I don't hear much about Pelicans breaking down, which may be due to people not using them enough. You are putting them through their paces which is good. It does sound like UV embrittled the plastic, making it more prone to shattering. I only have a pelican 1170 and a Nanuk 910 to compare, and they have not seen much sun or impact, however just feeling the plastic material and the latches lets me know the Nanuk is higher quality. I'm curious if the Nanuk material is more resistant to UV and temperature fluctuations over time.

**On a side note XLR Industries doing a 20% off cyber monday.

May be of value to some since their black friday was a ladder of flat discounts, this could offer more savings depending on what you get.

I have two from https://www.caseclub.com/ - I have recommend to others, just another option for you to check out.

Make It Ring Targets has pretty good prices & free shipping on their website... but their Amazon storefront has approximately the same prices, free shipping, plus 15% off when purchasing 2 or more

That's me boss. I do $5 flat shipping for hide members, no matter the qty ordered. Sold a ton of them here. PM me if you want to order.

Edit to add: I'll custom make one for any scope for the $15 as well for hide members.
Do any of the swfa throw levers also work on the fixed power swfa scopes as a parallax throw lever? On the fixed power scopes the parallax adjustment is where traditionally the magnification ring would be on a scope.

Our sale is still going on until the end of the week!

I just got off the phone with mile high to tell them which free spuhr mount I wanted with my 10% off NX8, doesn’t even have to be one to fit that scope I got a 34mm mount, and they threw in a couple free shirts.

I’m really surprised I didn’t hear more about that promotion on here and the guys on the phone said they haven’t had a lot of takers. That’s a hell of a deal.

Reactions: Woodland_Wolf_M81
Man that’s making me second guess my Zeiss S3 purchase. Was on the fence for it or an NX8.
I just got off the phone with mile high to tell them which free spuhr mount I wanted with my 10% off NX8, doesn’t even have to be one to fit that scope I got a 34mm mount, and they threw in a couple free shirts.

I’m really surprised I didn’t hear more about that promotion on here and the guys on the phone said they haven’t had a lot of takers. That’s a hell of a deal.

Man that’s making me second guess my Zeiss S3 purchase. Was on the fence for it or an NX8.

I’ve been wanting another NX8 for a while and this made me get one. 10% off is nice but a free $400+ mount on top of it is that much better.

Reactions: adubeau