• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
looking at adding the round to my collection, looking at a tc venture predator, anyone have a 204 in a bolt gun, how good are they say at 400 yds on a yote size target

Nasty little varmint round if the wind isn't blowing.

Have one in a 26" barreled Tikka, and I really like it. I have only used it on prairie dogs, though...

Devastating on Pdogs.. a little light for my taste for yotes.

I run a .20 Tactical (what the .204 originally was intended to be), and the .20's are Thor's hammer on coyotes and PD's.

what grain of bullet would you recommend the twist for the rifle im looking at is 1 in 10

32/33gr for varmint. 40's for preds. Realistically, either will work...

The 32 gr V-Max absolutely devastates P-dogs. I have only taken a few yotes with it, I honestly don't remember if they were the 32 or 40's, (most likely the 32's as I have a much, much larger stockpile of those), but they were all DRT. Wind can make things a bit interesting, but it is a laser beam that is incredibly easy to shoot, recoil is virtually undetectable, easily spot your own shots through the scope. It is definitely a fun round. I have been out of P-Dog country for a few years now so mine has mostly became a safe queen but I bring it out a few times a year just because of how pleasant it is to shoot.

I love my .20’s. Like MarinePMI, I shoot a .20 Practical primarily. I also have a .20-221 fireball. The bore size does seem to be a varmint sweet spot. I shoot 39 blitzkings in both. They don’t seem to give up any short range accuracy, and they drift less, so my kill ratio goes up with them(prairie dogs). The .204 is a serious hotrod. I think if I was shooting yotes primarily, I’d probably use the 40gr nosler ballistic tips. They have a really thick base on them so even when the front blows up, the base remains intact and continues to penetrate.