• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

208 Amax to 1850

The heavies are good. His numbers make sense to me. 208Amax with 76 H1000 2,880 fps. I've shot well to 1,400.

My Ruger 300 win mag runs 2975 fps with 77.9 grains of H1000 and 208 grain Amaxs. I have pushed it to a mile several times and finally hit at 2000 last year.

Bigwheels what velocity are you getting with the 215s?

Last edited:
30-06, 59.5gr RL22 @ 3.42" in Win brass gave me 2750-2800 depending on ammo temp. I hit 1ft squares at a mile with it.

300WM, 77gr H1000 @ 3.60" in Win brass gives me 2970fps. First weekend out with the rifle my buddy and I both hit a 27" wide target at 1980yd. At 1500 it was noticeably easier.

right now my furthest shot is 1175yards but that can go up dramatically cause at my shooting spot there is a cliff around 600 yards behond 1175. only thing is the poison ivy and walking all the way out there to get a GPS way point to get the exact range. it sucks not having the cash to get the good equipment to range far out there. but anyways i'm running 208's @ 2800fps with 67gn. H4350 to try and save the barrel of my 770 in 300 win mag. it shoots < " groups at 100yards. i know its a POS but all i have to work with for over 1k yards. and my 243 REM700 has a 1:9.125 twist and loaded 2 boxes of 105's and cant get them to group. and got velocities up to 3150 with no signs but thats a couple grains over max in the hornady manual so i dont wanna push the gun that hard. so i use 87gr BTHP's in it and gonna try amax next time out have a work up set all loaded and ready to go. @1k yards i found it pretty easy to connect in 10mph cross winds measured with kestrel 4000. is it alot harder adding 6 to 800 yard to that. anyone have any vids of extremly long shots. does anyone watch the youtube series by "TiborasaurusRex"? he goes into great detail about whats happening internally, ext, plus all factors affecting trajectory. awesome series i think. if you look up his channel you can check out the series each instructional vid is 20 to 30 mins but awesome info.

1175 dope.jpg1.2km shot.jpg1.16km gps.jpg i use back country navigator pro for camping when i scout out a new location and also to measure distance. what do you guys use to measure long distances. google seems to be a bit harder to get accurate measurements. and what ballistics program do you use. so far i use gseven, and shooter on my phone to verrify.

Attachments

• 300 win mag anealing.jpg
    300 win mag anealing.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 24
View attachment 11071View attachment 11072View attachment 11073 i use back country navigator pro for camping when i scout out a new location and also to measure distance. what do you guys use to measure long distances. google seems to be a bit harder to get accurate measurements. and what ballistics program do you use. so far i use gseven, and shooter on my phone to verrify.

Not to hi-jack, but looking at your annealing rings, aren't you going a little low down the case wall there? On my factory annealed rounds, the blueing doesn't go much past the bottom of the shoulder at all..... Just a thought, and maybe you have a reason to go farther.

I use Google Earth with good results for ranging. Just takes a little practice to get it right. As for ballistic programs, I use FFS. I have tested it against the Shooter app @ ranges past 1000 yds, & the Shooter app doesn't give good data out there. I only use it as a back up for inside 1000 yds. For example, I set up both programs with identical inputs for zero, atmos, & everything, & they were both spot on out to 900 yd. But the shooter App started to give solutions that were too high @ 1250 yd. Then I went out to 1800 yds, & the Shooter App was high by over 2 MOA, while FFS was within 1/2 MOA.

I use Google Earth with good results for ranging. Just takes a little practice to get it right. As for ballistic programs, I use FFS. I have tested it against the Shooter app @ ranges past 1000 yds, & the Shooter app doesn't give good data out there. I only use it as a back up for inside 1000 yds. For example, I set up both programs with identical inputs for zero, atmos, & everything, & they were both spot on out to 900 yd. But the shooter App started to give solutions that were too high @ 1250 yd. Then I went out to 1800 yds, & the Shooter App was high by over 2 MOA, while FFS was within 1/2 MOA.

What is FFS?

Bohem

What barrel length on your .30-06 to get those velocities?