• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

208 Gr. Amax- Still cannot find them???

fockell

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2009
SC, Kansas
I landed a box of these a few months back and finally loaded them up. They shoot great at distance, but I have yet to find anymore. Should I be persuing an altertive to these, or will they free up soon. I will settle a bit on performance if it is something I can buy often. Thanks

Re: 208 Gr. Amax- Still cannot find them???

I had my 208's on backorder from midway and midsouth since July. Received the a few weeks ago but that doesn't mean they had enough to fill all backorders. Had already stocked up on Berger 210's just in case. I think I am set for a few years.

I am not much of a Berger fan, Thier customer service is not the greatest. How does Sierra's 210 compare?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">grafs.com</div></div>
They too are out of Stock.

There is another run of 208s planned for Feb. of this year.
So find a place that will take back orders and place an order.
Sierra does not make a 210 gr bullet.

Berger does, and Hornady has 210 OTM coming out, of course that is long shot. And, they have heavier 225gr otm coming out too.
Bergers are out there, save for the 6.5 cal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plinker625</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is another run of 208s planned for Feb. of this year.
So find a place that will take back orders and place an order.
Sierra does not make a 210 gr bullet.

Berger does, and Hornady has 210 OTM coming out, of course that is long shot. And, they have heavier 225gr otm coming out too.
Bergers are out there, save for the 6.5 cal.

</div></div>

since when does Sierra not make a 210smk?

sierra DOES make a 210. Graf will take your backorder, call you when its in, and ship to you for $7.. hard to beat that

I've got some 208's for trade in the for trade section. I wanna trade 250 of them for some Berger 6.5mm 140 VLD Match if anybody has some let me know. I really need the 140's

Don't have any Berger 140's but I've got some 6.5 140 Amax to trade.

I've still got some AMAX's. I just tried out the Bergers for BR shooting this weekend and they worked awesome so I need to get some more to make some Match rounds for my BR shooting. Thanks for the offer though

Mine just shipped last week from wholesale hunter

I was a the local Bass Pro over the weekend and snagged the last box of 208s they had. I have been watching the shelf for a while and as of the week before last they still didn't have any. These are starting to slowly show up, mostly on filled backorders. I know that Midway is expecting some in on 1/21 according to their backorder status. Keep an eye out there starting to <span style="text-decoration: underline">slowly</span> show up.

I have some extra 208 AMAXs that I am willing to give up if someone is really in a jam and needs them for an upcoming match. Drop me a PM.

I have both a 210 VLD and 208 AMAX load for my .300 Win Mag, and they both work very well.

I hate to say it, but if you can afford it, buy your bullets in bulk! There have been some real supply and demand issues recently, hopefully the manufacturers will get back with it.

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

Just found 5 boxes at the Fin in Ashland, Oh...Also saw a box at Bass Pro in Toledo but was like 35.99 a box..

I have called Hornady several times about the availablilty of this bullet. they finally told me at the first of this month that midsouth and midway would be getting shipments in this month.... I just called midsouth and, the date for the shipments have been pushed back to August now.

So, I'm not even going to bother attempting to find this bullet anymore.... In fact, I think I'm going to swear off Hornady bullets from now on. I've been trying to get them for over a year now and, i can't get any and, they won't make them or help me in any way so, why should I bother anymore???

Surely at this point it makes sense to engage a custom bullet maker and ask if a decent sized pre-paid run is viable?

With the buying power we have here it shoud be viable to get say 25,000 bullets run to spec by at least one custom maker???

Well, I just got off the phone with them yet again... they gave me another list of vendors that they won't even fill their backorders with....

I just shot them an email telling them that I'll never use another Hornady bullet unless they can make something I can actually purchase consistantly.

It's not much good to me if I can't at least find them every now and then. I don't mind buying bulk but, I haven't been able to find them in over a year of searching. I ordered 1k of them from midsouth when I was told they were getting them but, I found out that they did ship some to midsouth but, they only shipped 60 boxes... they had 84 boxes backordered when I ordered my 10 boxes and the next shipment to them is scheduled in August...... ( Why do I think that I won't be getting any in August either.... )

So I say, why bother with these idiots if they can not ship their products, why should I work up a load for a bullet I can not depend on being able to get???

Hell, I'll just shoot SMKs or Bergers and call it good... they can kiss my ass. I'm tired of trying.

I ordered 10 boxes from wholesale hunter on 12/22 because their website showed to have them in stock, I got an email saying that 1 box had shipped but the rest were on back order.

They called me 2 weeks later and said the rest were in stock and shipped. So it didnt take too long for them to get more.

You may check with them and see if they plan on getting more anytime soon.

Nah, I put a year in of waiting for this bullet and, I've been pretty actively trying to get this bullet and, after all the "no help" I've gotten from Hornady, I'm pissed off now.... I'm not sure you could give me any at this point and, even if I had 500 of them on hand, I have no idea of when I'd be able to get more so, why bother?

I'm sure they're great bullets as long as you don't shoot them and don't need more.

Hell, the Berger bullet is basically the same bullet coefficient as the Hornady based on the Litz calculations so, that being said, the only difference is cost and availability. Both bullets go transonic within 10yds of each other launched at the same muzzle velocity.

Just got word from Natchez that they have them in stock right now....

order while you can gents.....they won't last long. I give it 1 hour
smile.gif

Just got the notification from Natchez also. I requested on 8-16-2010... Wow! Ordered a few boxes! thanks

Just ordered 4 boxes... Not to shabby of a wait, hopefully its fulfilled. These seem just like what I need for my new R700 XCR Tact Long range 300WM i just picked up
smile.gif

I've had an order in for over 6 months as well for 5 boxes. Found one box local but still waiting. I guess it doesn't matter how good they work if you can't get em'. ~Wingnut

Wingnut: I make custom swaged 308 Alum Balistic Tip bullets in any weight you need, also 6.5's. I can send you a few to try if your interested?

Ok.... I just got fucked... twice....

Well, Midsouth told me wrong... they got more bullets and filled my order when they told me they would not have bullets till august.... I called them when I saw my account get charged today.

I also saw this thread so... I have to admit I called Natchez and ordered 10 boxes from them too.

So, for bitching so much I now have 2k rounds in the mail at this point....

LOL

Got mine ordered from Midway last night.