• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20th Wedding Anniversary

doc76251

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA
Just wanted to throw it out there. It can be done.

At 1600 EST my bride and I went over 20.

Factoids:

Retired for 1 year

24 years active duty

(Both) Only married once

(Both) Never divorced

All the children (2) are ours

Together time: 12 years, 3 Mos, 7 days

Separation due to the “Needs of the Navy”: Do the math

7 combat tours (or those that I got ribbons for)

Husband wonders why she put up with his shit for 20 years.

I’m kind’a proud of it all.

Cheers,

Doc

Re: 20th Wedding Anniversary

Congratulations Doc, and to your wife!

If Mrs. Q doesn't bludgeon, stab, shoot or poison me before September, we'll be married 28 years.

Congrats Doc. My first marriage lasted 18 years after one to many deployments and moves. The second one has gone 16 years so far.

Congrats Doc.
I don't know any women that could take 7 combat tours. She must be one hell of a fine lady!!
I hope you have 20 more.
LegioX

Congrats Doc! Same here. USMC 79/98. Two kids 25 and 15. Married 26 years this month. Military ups and downs suck but mine knew that outta the gate. And I'm NOT an easy Marine to live with.

Congrats Doc! May you see many more years to come!

Congrats Doc!

Me an my wahine will celebrate our Silver on December 10th this year. One shot, one kill, three studs for boys, and the second two are at teh extreme top of their respective classes, with No2 on his way to Montgomery County's only gifted school.

There are always those days why we wonder but then there are those days where we love it. The good and bad are always equal for teh proper balance, so as you know you get that hot wahine be ready for the laval of Pele to flow when you get in the bad crosshairs
grin.gif

Congratulations!

Mine is 32 years today.

Congrats,Doc,to you and her.Sounds like you both had to overcome lots of challanges,Thank You for your service.May the next 20 be easier. Lightman

Thank you all. While I was in the Navy, I found marriage was not defined by the number of years together but more by the number of marriages during a career. Seems kind of sad.

I'm posting this on the 1 year and 1 day anniversary of my retirement. There are other profound thoughts to accompany these two topics but I find them trumped by the celebration of our nations Independence. Let Freedom Ring!

Cheers,

Doc

The wife came downstairs and saw me in the dark yesterday, she said "Honey are you OK?".

I was crying.

I said "Yeah, just thinking what today is".

She smiled.

I said "Do you remember when your father told me if I did not marry you I would go to jail for 20 years?"

She smiled again as I rememberd our anniversary.

SHe said "Yes honey, I do".

I said "I would have gotten out today".

Way to go, Doc. I can only imagine.

We here have been married now for 3 months now, so how's that for a perspective. (first and only time, each)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Way to go, Doc. I can only imagine.
We here have been married now for 3 months now, so how's that for a perspective. (first and only time, each) </div></div>

Sean,

Be glad you are there. I was married June 16, 1990. I was deployed for the "duration" August 05, 1990, I returned home in May 1991. The hits just kept coming there after.

Cheers,

Doc

Coming up on 22 here !

First marriage for both, two kids..

Secrete you have to work together and talk about things.

It's a give and take..

Words of wisdom !