• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

212 gr eldx

.300Winmaggg

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2020
I’m having trouble with finding a load for my 300 win mag I been using 212 gr eldx hornady bullets with h4831 powder. The max load at 75.5 gr of powder is shooting .75in group at 100yrds but everything else is about a 2in group at 100

More information on the rifle may help answer your questions . What's the barrel twist rate ? If it's a factory rifle it may have difficulty stabalizing 212 gr long bullets .

If you can get some, I highly recommend Hodgdon H1000 powder. It has been super easy to work with. Using it with both the 208 grain ELD-M and 212 grain ELD-X.

If you can get some, I highly recommend Hodgdon H1000 powder. It has been super easy to work with. Using it with both the 208 grain ELD-M and 212 grain ELD-X.
I used the h1000 with nosler 210gr lr and couldn’t get a good group

More information on the rifle may help answer your questions . What's the barrel twist rate ? If it's a factory rifle it may have difficulty stabalizing 212 gr long bullets .
It’s a Remington 700 long range. Factory 26in barrel