• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

215 Berger and H1000 for 300wm

I'm loading 73-grains in RWS brass. RWS brass has thicker walls (less capacity) so I'm getting a very slight crunch. Bullet jump ~ .015". I'm getting 2860-fps out of a 26" Schneider P5 barrel. ES and SD are both single digit. My next accuracy node is with 74-grains with a velocity right at 2900-fps, also single digit ES and SD numbers. I didn't have good ES and SD numbers running Federal (Commercial or Military) brass with the 215 Hybrids.

So with bullet jump of 0.015", what is your COAL?, or are you loading to mag length? Also, Berger published their data for the 215 Berger calling 74 grains is max load. Do you see any pressure sign with your 74 grain load?

I am trying to see what is the ceiling load for this. With my rifle, I am able to load it to a COAL of 3.700". Thank for your help.

I had this rifle chambered specifically for the 215 Hybrid. My COAL is 3.59", and did this so I could chase the lands as they erode without running out of room in the AI mag. I didn't see any pressure signs at 74-gr, but above that I was. I'm using 75-gr with the 208 AMax, and that's with Federal brass, and just below pressure signs with that load. I initially tried the Federal brass with the 215 Hybrids, and the pressure signed appeared to be similar as my 208 AMax loads. Although accuracy was good with the Fed/215 combo, for some reason I couldn't get good ES and SD numbers, so that's why I switched the the RWS brass.

Just to clarify what I'm seeing, as pressure is a relative term, and everyone has a different opinion.

My primers are staring to flatten, but there is still a little roll-off at the edge of the primer where it meets the primer pocket. I'm not seeing any primer strike cratering, nor do I have any feeling of a sticky bolt lift or any extractor marks.

Forgot to add, I'm using Fed Gold Medal Match Large Rifle primers, with the Magnum primers, I just was not getting good ES and SD numbers.

These bullets are going to shoot , for the most part, in or just off the lands. They're pretty picky. But THEY WILL SHOOT. I also built a .300 throated long for the 230's and 215's. I found my sweet spot at 77 grains of h1000 at 3.720" COAL. RP brass , fgm215's. They actually shoot pretty good at AI Mag length (3.610) but are lights out at length mentioned above.
I've also been tinkering with Retumbo. 1/3 moa at 3025 fps!! Will actually shoot farther than the 230 OTM !!